Crew Scheduling

tahitigirl

Senior
Aug 19, 2005
As I sit here at 7 am on a Sunday morning waiting for daily to call me I wonder what they are going to change with scheduling to make it more efficient?

Out of all reserves in CLT not one person made time for the month of Sep. The average time was 30-40 hrs. Yes people are picking up trips from the ETB, but what sense does it make to pay people just to sit around on their days on duty?

What could be done to make things better? :huh:

Be careful what you wish for.

If people are consistently sitting around not working, sounds like another furlough would be in order.

40 more US planes going back to the leaseholders, there will be more layoffs.

tahitigirl said:
As I sit here at 7 am on a Sunday morning waiting for daily to call me I wonder what they are going to change with scheduling to make it more efficient?

Out of all reserves in CLT not one person made time for the month of Sep.  The average time was 30-40 hrs.  Yes people are picking up trips from the ETB, but what sense does it make to pay people just to sit around on their days on duty?

[post="307850"][/post]​

More furloughs, and displacements, translates to longer period on reserve. So, don't squawk.

Soon the majority of USairways East will be on Reserve. Welcome to your new life.

All US.

Not former HP.

Since you dont overhaul any of your planes it would not matter anyhow.

But they are US planes and US employees, not former HP.

tahitigirl said:

Out of all reserves in CLT not one person made time for the month of Sep. The average time was 30-40 hrs. Yes people are picking up trips from the ETB, but what sense does it make to pay people just to sit around on their days on duty?

[post="307850"][/post]​

Let's not forget that their will be normal attrition as well. And normal attrition for the FA group is rather on the high side.

"All of HP" excuse me? Don't stick your wrench where it doesn't belong!

Hopefully they can overhaul the sysytem. Here at west all of our reserves work an avergae of 65-75 hours a month. Our sked keeps them busy with auoting lineholders overnights and turns so they can use the reserve that they already pay for at a lower rate. We see the figures once in awhile and they save a lot of money. Just wait till our sked gets a hold of you they will keep you busy. Thats a good question for when our certs merge ... will there be one central sked dept?

We have 3 scheduling departments to contend with.

Future scheduling- Covers trips that are two days out for block holders and one day out for reserves.
Daily scheduling- covers trips that came available that day (after 4 pm the previous day).
Systems scheduling- covers irregularities.

Thats it in a nutshell.

How do you guys do it?

a320av8r said:
We have 3 scheduling departments to contend with.

Future scheduling- Covers trips that are two days out for block holders and one day out for reserves.
Daily scheduling- covers trips that came available that day (after 4 pm the previous day).
Systems scheduling- covers irregularities.

Thats it in a nutshell.

How do you guys do it?
[post="308823"][/post]​

We have Irreg Ops that covers Day of vacancies and schedule disruptions and Dailey Ops that covers future vacancies and schedule disruptions.

I know alot of other bases at US-east are not making a whole lot of time but you can not believe how the reserves in PHL are being used. The majority are making their time and then some. There are reserves above the 100 hour mark. In September I finished the month out with 90 some hours and change. I can hardly stand it any longer. This system were under absolutely BLOWS ! ! ! ! :down:

Travelpro72 said:
I know alot of other bases at US-east are not making a whole lot of time but you can not believe how the reserves in PHL are being used. The majority are making their time and then some. There are reserves above the 100 hour mark. In September I finished the month out with 90 some hours and change. I can hardly stand it any longer. This system were under absolutely BLOWS ! ! ! ! :down:
[post="308880"][/post]​

Every once and a while I look at the PHL reserve page. It's crazy that people are flying more that 100 hrs a month. Some even had over 150 hrs. they must be walking zombies! What I really don't understand is the company offering a vol. leave for the month of Nov. in PIT and PHL, but not CLT.