Crew Scheduling

At the time we submit our schedule bid for the following month, we have the option to refuse to fly over 90.
This is for lineholders as well as reserves.
If you are a lineholder, and have some carry-in credit from the previous month, which when combined with the value of the line you are bidding puts you over 90 (by even 1 min), a trip will be removed from your line to bring you under 90.
They will remove the trip with the least amnt of credit which will bring you under 90.
This is called conflict biding. Which is why we continue to refuse PBS.
We have learned to use conflict to our advantage.

The reserves have to pay a little closer attention as they near 90, cuz scheduling WILL try to slide one by them.

LUV2FLYHIGH said:
Being on Reserve here in the West you have to be careful if you like to pick up tips, it can be used against you, because it dose not "count" towards your 90 hours if you do so, had that happen once or twice..
[post="309060"][/post]​

Same for us when you pick up a trip from the ETB. The problem comes on duty days. We never seem to fly on duty days, but never have a problem picking up time on days off. For those who commute this means sitting around alot and paying for hotels and crashpads. Most of our F/As commute and this is a real hardship for them and their families. I don't expect as a reserve to fly every day on, but I should not have to fly my off days.

HP reserves, correct me if I'm wrong, but more often that not, reserves will be assigned something, even if its hot at the airport.
Not too much sitting around at home.
Someone already mentioned the AUTO program. (Authorized Unpaid Time Off)
There is always something they can give a reserve.

desertgal said:
At the time we submit our schedule bid for the following month, we have the option to refuse to fly over 90.
This is for lineholders as well as reserves.
If you are a lineholder, and have some carry-in credit from the previous month, which when combined with the value of the line you are bidding puts you over 90 (by even 1 min), a trip will be removed from your line to bring you under 90.
They will remove the trip with the least amnt of credit which will bring you under 90.
This is called conflict biding. Which is why we continue to refuse PBS.
We have learned to use conflict to our advantage.

The reserves have to pay a little closer attention as they near 90, cuz scheduling WILL try to slide one by them.
[post="309038"][/post]​

The fly over 90 option in the bid is meant for the lineholders for bidding purposes. Reserves may refuse or accept any assignment that places them over 90hrs of credit. This is there option every time. For example if a FA accepts an assignment that places them at 91hrs on day 1. Then on day 2 now over 90hrs they again have the option to accept a new assignment or not.

senior mama on the 330 couple years ago told me AA does all their crew schedules with just over 90 peeps and our super system she says requires over 200--yikes---ahhh but this place in the past has been all about how many peeps can we hire to change one light blub---not make money ---heaven forbid that !

Happy_People said:
"All of HP" excuse me? Don't stick your wrench where it doesn't belong!

Hopefully they can overhaul the sysytem. Here at west all of our reserves work an avergae of 65-75 hours a month. Our sked keeps them busy with auoting lineholders overnights and turns so they can use the reserve that they already pay for at a lower rate. We see the figures once in awhile and they save a lot of money. Just wait till our sked gets a hold of you they will keep you busy. Thats a good question for when our certs merge ... will there be one central sked dept?
[post="308810"][/post]​
OH YA WE LOVE TO AUTO AND KEEP OUR RV WORKIN.

desertgal said:
[post="309038"][/post]​
Scheduling doesn't try to "slide one by them" on purpose. Trips picked up on days off don't count towards the 90 maximum (otherwise a reserve could fly on several days off, and not be available on their reserve days at the end of the month). When doing the reserve sheets, those credits picked up on days off have to be manually subtracted from the MTD credit. So, if the FA is scheduled over 90, it's not intentional--simple human error.

Our November bid is to include 30 VLOA's.

Voluntairily leave of abscence.

I think it is to get senior people off the payroll for the month.