Cwa Contract Sucks

deltawatch

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
CWA contract sucks

How do we get rid of a contract bargained for while in BK. CWA contract allows 75% of our group to be outsourced. Can we get rid of it by voting no for power sharing between Teamsters and CWA and get a run off, for one or the other. If so should we vote for the Teamsters and get a new contract minus all the outsourcing.

If it’s a mainline flight it should be worked by mainline employees.

LOL LOL LOL LOL......NOW you want to take action??.....we've had 3 sucky revisions to the original rag of a contract and every time this group voted YES, and now you want to make a show of force.....LOL LOL LOL...where were you and the rest of the naysayers during the last 3 years.....there's no fight in this group...there never was and there never will be...regardless of who the dues are going to......vote out the cwa or create a runoff and if enough of the agents do not cast a vote then we will be without a union altogether.....are you willing to take that chance???????........this is the funniest post i've seen on this board yet!!...Thx for the laugh.......

ps...dont take my response personally...its not against you ....i just find it awefully funny when i see a cwa member get all twisted over the current situation...we had a chance to fight this thing and we didnt....now its too late...just my opinion

I personally dont want to be WITHOUT a union right now given the fact that they are going to be looking for any way to save a buck. Without a union (voting no to the alliance and taking your chances) you're basically opening yourself up for another money grab and it wont have to be thru the judge this time. No thanks. I'll take my chances with a CWA/IBT alliance and hope that some day people will pay attention to what they are voting in instead of waking up months or years later wondering why things are like they are. I just have to crack up when someone comes to me with "big news" about something in the contract that they cant believe is there. This cant be right can it? Yep, you voted for it..... (shaking head in amusement)

tadjr said:
I personally dont want to be WITHOUT a union right now given the fact that they are going to be looking for any way to save a buck. Without a union (voting no to the alliance and taking your chances) you're basically opening yourself up for another money grab and it wont have to be thru the judge this time. No thanks. I'll take my chances with a CWA/IBT alliance and hope that some day people will pay attention to what they are voting in instead of waking up months or years later wondering why things are like they are. I just have to crack up when someone comes to me with "big news" about something in the contract that they cant believe is there. This cant be right can it? Yep, you voted for it..... (shaking head in amusement)
[post="303758"][/post]​
If enough people do not care for cwa..I encourage you to le the teamsters know...I think, personally, that the teamsters felt they could not win with the large work group at US...

For the record I voted no every time......

What good is an IBT/CWA deal if 75% of the CWA side gets furloughed?

What good is a $20.00 an hour contract if 75% of your membership gets outsorced?

IM looking for ways to save membership.

Maybe it’s better to let the teamsters strike a deal while not in BK??????
Maybe they can get rid of some of the mainline express language that the CWA was forced to accept fearing liquidation.

deltawatch said:

What good is a $20.00 an hour contract if 75% of your membership gets outsorced?

Maybe they can get rid of some of the mainline express language that the CWA was forced to accept fearing liquidation.
[post="303886"][/post]​
If you come up with a way to do it, please let the IAM in on it. I was tossed out the door after 25+ years due to "Outsourcing". This is the trend of the future, so I doubt that the IBT, CWA, or the IAM will ever get it out of their CBA language...Sad to say, but it is there for the long term.

You don't like CWA, We don't like teamsters. Let's see if Doug can make it work for all of us and kick them both out. Read my post on the Hp page. We get our information from the CWA web site. I knew a whole week before the rest of the agents about the union merge.

CWA contract allows all but 5 stations/cities to be outsourced ..... I say vote no on mergered unions, then vote for the Teamsters and get a new contract. CWA contract was shoved down our throats while in BK.

Neither union, it seems, wants to let go of what they have, nor the dues they receive. I figure their best solution to the problem is cobblling together an alliance. It's a self-serving move, rather than a membership-serving move. And based upon their past and current performance, putting the membership first never has been their main priority.
My only input opportunities have been the votes themselves! It's always seemed as if most members have little input or influence. Certainly there haven't been any mechanisms in place that facilitate input. Just a few select people, who think they know what's best for us.
At my station we have one steward I never see and the same goes for the local rep.

So I say we go to Doug and offer to kick them both out for fair wages and grievence committee. That's all they ever did on the positive side anyway.

If we vote out CWA then we lose the Allegheny-Mohawk seniority clause. People better think before casting a vote.

How legal is it to "merge" two unions - especially when IBT will rule west of the Mississippi and CWA will rule east of the Mississippi? Doesn't sound right.

We aren't getting too much info in PIT. Please enlighten us.

deltawatch said:

[post="303886"][/post]​

I'M SICK OF THE CWA'S STANDARD PRE-PACKAGED ANSWERS 'WE FOUGHT
HARD FOR YOU" AND "WE'LL KEEP NEGOTIATING".....BUT MY FAVORITE IS "THIS
IS WHAT GEORGE BUSH IS DOING TO THE COUNTRY" ......ARE YOU LISTENING
MR BRASWELL?

Hello Newman said:
I'M SICK OF THE CWA'S STANDARD PRE-PACKAGED ANSWERS 'WE FOUGHT
HARD FOR YOU" AND "WE'LL KEEP NEGOTIATING".....BUT MY FAVORITE IS "THIS
IS WHAT GEORGE BUSH IS DOING TO THE COUNTRY" ......ARE YOU LISTENING
MR BRASWELL?
[post="304817"][/post]​
I say we all vote no on the new proposed alliance....they are saying if we don't then we could be without representation---what a bunch of...they say we won't see work improvements any time soon...this list goes on....I voted for the Teamsters not CWA...but obviously, the Teamsters must not have the energy to try to gain another large workgroup...are there any other unons that might want us?? LOL...