CWA leaders letter could cause the doors to close forever

We might not agree with everything that is posted on this board by the members. Everyone is free to express their opinions if they don't violate the USaviation posting rules.

Thank you!

What it boils down to is plain and simple the pilots are scared they can't find a job paying high five figures and six figures and they are scared of losing their million dollar lump sum payment or have there $100,000 pension reduced to $40,000.[BR][BR]I for one am tired of pilots telling other groups what to do. The IAM and CWA did not tell the ALPA what to do so please have the same courtesy and do the same.

320 you and your fellow pilots look like Dave and Dave's cheerleaders, let the other employees who are members of other labor unions use their intelligence and cast their vote as they choose. It is your own fault that ALPA's bylaws permit the MEC to ratify instead of a membership vote. Let the IAM and CWA members do as they fit. None of us are gonna take it in the shorts to save your $100,000+ a year salary and your million dollar lump sum.

Come on everyone, you know the TA's are going to pass! They always do. I predict 70%/30% for the TA's(just a guess based on past performance). When it comes down to it, most people are voting their wallets...just like in politics!

Biff, the pilots didnt get to vote.The MEC said Yes for everyone,so chip and everyone else has to smile[BR] and try to scare the rest of the peons into keeping them employed.Look at it this way, they are always telling us we arent skilled, ect.I can find a 9 10,11 buck an hour job somewhere fairly easily.[BR]Where is an over 50 ALPA mainline refugee going to make U type money? They want us to eat it because they know they cant go find that money elsewhere.

Well lets do the math Biff. 14 months worth of raises (long gone now) vs. 20 years of concessions. Seeee?

Now as far as being scared, I've been here over 21 years. I never wanted to work anywhere else. Even with all the headaches, I would not want to trade it. It's all I've ever wanted to do since I was 4 years old. My roots run deep here and I am defensive about and loyal to this company. I do NOT want to lose my job here. It's not because I can't do something else. It's because being an airline pilot is my chosen profession and I have invested my entire professional life here. I don't want to start over. Does this make me some sort of coward? I don't think so. Just a guy whose proud of his profession and the company he works for. End of story.

A320 Driver

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/3/2003 9:38:46 PM A320 Driver wrote:

You guys are amazing. Talk about trying to sift votes! You ney-sayers are starting to look like a high school pep rally. Stakes are a little higher this time boys.

A320 Driver
----------------
[/blockquote]

I just hope you pilots remember these statements the next time you reach an impasse in your next contract talks management. It's kind of nice to see that you're feeling the same kind of frustration and anxiety that every other employee feels each time you're willing to take your airline to its knees for the sake of reaching an “industry leadingâ€￾ contract.

You guys are amazing. Talk about trying to sift votes! You ney-sayers are starting to look like a high school pep rally. Stakes are a little higher this time boys.

A320 Driver

None of us are gonna take it in the shorts to save your $100,000+ a year salary and your million dollar lump sum.
----------------

I love it when you show your jealous side Biff.

A320 Driver

Well, seeing how every contract we've signed since 1982 has been concessionary, I don't see that being a problem. And talking about trying to sway votes, what do you think your doing when you claim "their bluffing"??

And BIFFFF- you are jealous...and it shows!

A320 Driver

Not jealous at all, just stating a fact. You and your fellow pilots are scared because if U goes chapter 7 you will not find a job paying high five figures and six figure salaries. You will lose your million dollar lump sum payment upon retirement or your $100,000 a year pensions. The PBGC only will pay you around $40,000 a year. Why don't you just admit those are the facts. Everyone of your posts and Chip's post are telling everyone else to vote yes to save your nest eggs. You use fear, threats and intimidation to try and convince people who have the democratic right to cast a no vote, you chastize them for excersing their rights. Some of us are tired of it all ready, let us vote accordingly and let the chips fall as they may. All you do is make people want to cast more no votes because you are beating Siegel's and Bronner's drum.

Also you pilots,when you pick up the release at the gate,how bout coming over to the gate agents and saying 'hello' or goodmorning or good afternoon and picking up your release,instead of standing at the gate door ...waiting for the gate agent to COME OVER to YOU..DON'T YOU SEE we are checking our customers in????.....thats your check we are 'checking-in' ...the only door I open is for my wife![BR][BR]

Chip dont make me laugh! People like me? Yep it is my fault and James Root's fault that US Airways has had incomptant management for the past 13 years. It is my fault Osoma attacked the US. Get a grip. And Bronner lies, he lied on the APTV program, US Airways flies into 89 mainline stations, he told the public we have a mechanic at every gate, that is a lie, we only have maintenance at 22 of those 89 stations and not every single gate has a mechanic. One mechanic covers more then one gate at most of the 22 stations where staffed.[BR][BR]Yep James and I told Colodny, Schofield, Wolf and Gangwal to do all this:[BR][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"][FONT color=#000000]As far back as Ed Colodny mistakes have been made that has probably cost this company millions if not billons if you add all the blunders.[?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /][o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/SPAN][/P]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"][FONT color=#000000] [o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/SPAN][/P]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT color=#000000][B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"]Colodny’s Blunders[/SPAN][/B][B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"]:[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][/B][/FONT][/P]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"][FONT color=#000000] [o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/SPAN][/P]
[UL style="MARGIN-TOP: 0in" type=disc]
[LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l2 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"][FONT color=#000000]Mirror Image, imposing US Air’s business methods upon Piedmont and PSA, instead of looking at each respective airline and adapting their successful practices.[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]Some examples would be dismantling of the Piedmont Shuttle which accounted for 32% of Piedmont’s Gross Revenue.[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/SPAN][/LI][/UL]
[LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l2 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"][FONT color=#000000]Not furthering International Service and canceling the last three 767s on order from Boeing, then realizing how much money was made serving international destinations and paying Boeing a $30 million penalty to reorder the three planes.[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/SPAN][/LI][/UL]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT color=#000000][B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"]Schofield’s Blunders[/SPAN][/B][B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"]:[/SPAN][/B][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"][o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][/FONT][/P]
[LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"][FONT color=#000000]Business select, $50 million on wasted seats that never worked properly and we eventually removed from the 737-200 fleet.[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]Operation Highground.[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/SPAN][/LI][/UL]
[LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"][FONT color=#000000]The IAM Mechanic and Related Strike of 1992 in which US Air lost $35 million and agreeing to pay all the pilots during our strike regardless if they flew or not.[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/SPAN][/LI][/UL]
[LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"][FONT color=#000000]The hiring of Joe Gorman from United Airlines.[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]Gorman stayed a few months then went right back to United, then United started taking us on head to head in numerous markets where we did not compete before Gorman’s tenure.[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/SPAN][/LI][/UL]
[LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"][FONT color=#000000]The alliance with British Airways to infuse quick cash, but not on favorable terms to US Air, BA got more out of the alliance then we did.[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/SPAN][/LI][/UL]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"][FONT color=#000000]Wolf and Gangwal:[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/SPAN][/B][/P]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"][FONT color=#000000] [o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/SPAN][/B][/P]
[LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list .5in"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"][FONT color=#000000]Canceling all the Boeing orders and having to pay a substantial penalty to Boeing to this day the dollar amount is not known as it was a confidential out of court settlement after Boeing sued US Airways, but it is believed to be hundreds of millions of dollars.[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/SPAN][/LI][/UL]
[LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list .5in"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"][FONT color=#000000]Closing of three maintenance bases and trying to accomplish all the work in just three bases, which caused a backlog of airplanes awaiting “Q†and “C†checks and Mod visits.[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]At one point you could see numerous airplanes parked in Charlotte, Pittsburgh and Tampa awaiting maintenance.[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/SPAN][/LI][/UL]
[LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list .5in"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"][FONT color=#000000]Buying back over $1.5 billon of US Airways stock instead of using the money as operating capital or paying down debt or just having it around for a downturn.[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/SPAN][/LI][/UL]
[LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list .5in"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"][FONT color=#000000]Selling the company to United Airlines and then for the next 14 months having no direction and running the company into the ground.[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/SPAN][/LI][/UL]
[LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list .5in"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"][FONT color=#000000]Overreacting to the September 11[sup]th[/sup] tragedy and shrinking the airline by 23% and increasing costs by putting larger airplanes on shorter routes.[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/SPAN][/LI][/UL]Chip stop telling us how to vote, this is America where we have the democratic right to say no and if we chose that then so be it.[BR][BR]

Chip, the employees understand what is at risk, just come clean and tell us you are afraid of losing a six figure income and your million dollar lump sum payment. If the company goes chapter 7 so be it. Life goes on. People at Eastern, Pan Am, Braniff and all the other airlines that went out of business moved on, if that is what fate holds for us airways then so be it. Life does not revolve around this company and people are sick and tired of listening to other groups telling us how to vote, the IAM and the CWA did not tell ALPA members what to do, please show us the same courtesy.

Latest posts

Back