CWA local elections for US Airways passenger service workers

I AM receiving retirement from PBGC and I'm looking into something else with the union. Soooo am I a teamster or CWA??

They formed an alliance IBT/CWA. You are out West, so you would contact your IBT rep for your area. East of Mississippi River is represented by CWA, West by IBT (*with a couple of possible exceptions). RNO is far enough West to definitely be an IBT represented city.

They formed an alliance IBT/CWA. You are out West, so you would contact your IBT rep for your area. East of Mississippi River is represented by CWA, West by IBT (*with a couple of possible exceptions). RNO is far enough West to definitely be an IBT represented city.
okay so I'm screwed you say. You see when I had a grievence there was no initial meeting with management, then meeting with other office manager, hr person, employee rep, and union rep. So they don't even know how to conduct a grievence and they open their mouth when they shoudln't making comments that alude to "give her a job back but cut her pay and put her in a lower position." That never should have been said in a meeting. You're suposed to be made whole--or go another step and figure it out.

okay so I'm screwed you say.

If you dont think they represented you fairly or followed procedures, then file a complaint against lack of fair representation on their behalf. Not sure who you should contact out there, but I'd start with sitting down and trying to remember just what was/wasnt done and document everything you can think of. Maybe someone here can pm you a contact and advise you where to start?

I'm assuming an alliance was formed because it was a joint merger and not a takeover, and that is why the company allowed it. Geez, what a messy situation.......I'm just curious, why did you guys go along with this idea?

Let me explain in my opinion why the alliance was formed. Hp agents had just voted in the Teamsters for the first time. There was no union previous and therefore, no contract. Due to the time it would take to put a contract together and get a vote it was faster to agree to the alliance. HP agents were way underpaid and even the CWA bankrupcy contract was a vast improvement. Both unions were happy because it did not force a vote and neither union lost members ie dues money. I think the company had no problem with it because it had its hands full with the pilots and the Teamsters, CWA and agents were the least of its concerns. Im not sure how Drifters situation can be solved but apparently no one from either side wants to get involved or help. Mama

Let me explain in my opinion why the alliance was formed. Hp agents had just voted in the Teamsters for the first time. There was no union previous and therefore, no contract. Due to the time it would take to put a contract together and get a vote it was faster to agree to the alliance. HP agents were way underpaid and even the CWA bankrupcy contract was a vast improvement. Both unions were happy because it did not force a vote and neither union lost members ie dues money. I think the company had no problem with it because it had its hands full with the pilots and the Teamsters, CWA and agents were the least of its concerns. Im not sure how Drifters situation can be solved but apparently no one from either side wants to get involved or help. Mama

Lets not forget the CWA agreed to allow over 7,000 (yes 7,000) outstanding greivences to be void and null to allow a smooth transition and not contest the west representation nor force a revote.

I guess the 1171 members are not reading this web site. I still am seeking an answer on the process for nominations in the election. I guess I will look up the business rep for the local to find out. Anyone know who that may be? It should be someone in our district right? Thanks and have a good one all!

I guess the 1171 members are not reading this web site. I still am seeking an answer on the process for nominations in the election. I guess I will look up the business rep for the local to find out. Anyone know who that may be? It should be someone in our district right? Thanks and have a good one all!
Smart move....you can go to the cwa website and find all the locals emails/districts emails....ect....