Cwa Meeting 11/10

MsRes

Jan 13, 2003
www.usaviation.com
As usual...no info from CWA or any union local websites regarding meeting between CWA and management at CCY yesterday. Anyone have any info? Did the meeting take place or cancel?

Our union has the worst communication skills for a union with the word "Communication" in it's title!!! :down:

I talked to my local rep on tuesday. Mentioned she will be in DC all week..

That's why you've heard nothing..

meeting took place saw what was offered,almost the same as last week
looks like small cities and res will not fair to good.
CWA slow on getting info out. vote on strike still not released.

Strike votes are counted at CWA Hdqrs. today. 86% of returns vote to strike or have work action. Hello Jerry Glass? Hello Bruce? Any chance of a legiitmate negotions now?????

ok here is a question? why is cwa going to these meeting knowing that the company is going to file 1113e to toss contracts...what are they fighting for?

I had a high school track coach years ago, many years ago, who would tell us when we were gettting trounced. "When some one is urinating on you you have two choices, the first is to lay back and enjoy it, the second is to reach up and grab those testicles and squeeze them for all you are worth"

Of course he was nuts, and didn't say urinating or testicles, but like all nuts sometimes he was right.

At the CWA meeting my understanding is that the CWA was given the company's counter proposal which was significantly enhanced from the first proposal.

The highlights of the proposal were something kin to the following:

All current mainline stations would remain mainline stations.

Pay at $18 something but with a 2 year period in which one would actually be at $16 something and then go to like $17 something next year and then hit the $18 something the following year. So top out at $18 something but you move back two steps until you receive top out pay.

Vacation 4 weeks I believe

Buyout of sorts. Although I'm not sure buyout is the right word. This was a little fuzy to me but something like up to $15,000 the way I understood it to those over 55 who qualify. I think it has something to do with retirement.

Sick time would be recognized at $7 something for each day. Again, I think this was something to do with those who may retire but at any rate, the sick days are involved in some type of credit.

Duration: 4 years to like 2009. I think the initial proposal was like to 2011.

IMO, your company believes the CWA offers the best chance at a T/A that will help loosen up the AFA or IAM. I have heard some info regarding the IAM but am waiting for more info before I comment.

regards,

I received a copy that is supposed to be the companys response to CWA. It was sent second hand so I cant verify the authenticity, but it had enough changes from the CWA proposal back to things the company has been pushing for that I believe it is the real deal. There were notes on the copy, but I dont know if they are personal wishes or something that has been/was proposed. Hopefully an official copy will be out soon. In the meantime, here are some of the things that were different from the CWA proposal of Nov 4th. (None of these listed were in the hand written part)

Employees take a 2 step paycut for 2 years (topout agent back to 16.30) then increase on scale (17.00, topout in 4 years at 18.60)

Vacation at 75%

First 5 sick days of EACH occurance at 50% pay

"No furlough" protection for res agents hired prior to 1/1/86. Agents hired after this date do not have this protection and may be separated due to outsourcing, and will in lieu of furlough benefits, be entitled to an enhanced severance package equal to the maximum "Early Out" provision described herein.

"Early Out" program. A minimum of 25% of the total employee population must apply in order to implement the program.
Part time employees receive 50% of identified components, except pt employees with 15 years or more of service will receive lifetime travel.

The retiree benefit numbers were changed with regard to the amount of sick time available to use and the $ amount credited to each hour used.

These are just a couple of the major changes from the CWA proposal that I can spot right away.

Latest posts