CWA update Sep. 4 from Local 3641

noname

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
Wednesday, September 04, 2002
I would like to update everybody on the status of the negotiations. We have gotten very close and now are trying to answer the last couple of issues. This is where it has really bogged down. We are waiting on the Company’s assessment of different pension options. We have resolved most of the issues and feel confident that we can reach a settlement before the September 10th deadline for the court hearing. In the event that we reach an agreement, there will be a ratification vote by the members. The court hearing will be postponed pending the ratification vote.
Sincerely James Root, President Local 3641

Today in the management conference call the managers were told progress has been made in the CWA negotiations.

Chip

please pass the xanax and a bottle please, or is that a bottle of xanax...God speed to both sides...hopefully we'll get something to vote on...[:p]

Mr. Root-For those employees on furlough status...how will their vote be counted? Will a vote be valid if taken after the 9/10 deadline? In Solidarity...

Jim
Where are we headed towards seasonal work in the Florida market-how is it that Florida agents are looking at 13.01 per hour and becoming Mesa employees--is this signed off yet?
Hour many CSS's are we lookink at per agent--10???

----------------
On 9/4/2002 8:12:42 PM

Wednesday, September 04, 2002

I would like to update everybody on the status of the negotiations. We have gotten very close and now are trying to answer the last couple of issues. This is where it has really bogged down. We are waiting on the Company’s assessment of different pension options. We have resolved most of the issues and feel confident that we can reach a settlement before the September 10th deadline for the court hearing. In the event that we reach an agreement, there will be a ratification vote by the members. The court hearing will be postponed pending the ratification vote.

Sincerely James Root, President Local 3641

----------------
[:blackeye:] Florida-seasonal-Mesa-13.01-soldout-what next??

Just a quick note to my CWA friends - hang in there, now that we rampers accepted the plateful of dung they served us (I voted NO) there will be more left on the table for you, hopefully some job security - we got zilch. Take care, be unified and win the good fight!

P.S. - hello to my old friend Ellis Ryan!