Dallas Love Field

One can only hope. The airlines have been flying empty airplanes long enough. I have flight attendant friends at AA and Alaska. All report flying 737 airplanes (140-160 capacity) with as many as 75-100 empty seats on almost every flight. Why should we bail them out if such a waste of manpower and fuel is going to continue.

Well then, my bad. If I said so, I said so. My fault and I was wrong. But with all these freakin extensions and delays how can we all keep up?
Thx for the correction jim. It seems Delta gets to hold on, and on, and on, at Love Field for some time now...

No big deal. Couldn't resist gigging you since your posts are usually right on.

Reactions: swamt
One can only hope. The airlines have been flying empty airplanes long enough.

Assuming the Senate's bill gets passed by the House, it's possible that we might see some culling of the herd where domestic flights go.

It's got to be cheaper to pay guarantees than it is to fly empty...

One can only hope. The airlines have been flying empty airplanes long enough. I have flight attendant friends at AA and Alaska. All report flying 737 airplanes (140-160 capacity) with as many as 75-100 empty seats on almost every flight. Why should we bail them out if such a waste of manpower and fuel is going to continue.
jim, I don't think I am allowed to report our LF's as of late. They are dire to say the least. We are reportedly parking another 1500 daily flights by this Fri. and who knows how many more after that. The 1500 up from the 1000 not additional. Only hoping this will get better soon rather than dragging out longer. Godspeed to all of us...

jim, I don't think I am allowed to report our LF's as of late. They are dire to say the least. We are reportedly parking another 1500 daily flights by this Fri. and who knows how many more after that. The 1500 up from the 1000 not additional. Only hoping this will get better soon rather than dragging out longer. Godspeed to all of us...
As someone (you maybe) posted the other day; all you have to do is walk down just about any airport terminal concourse to figure out that things are not good right now. Don't risk your job by posting the obvious.

As someone (you maybe) posted the other day; all you have to do is walk down just about any airport terminal concourse to figure out that things are not good right now. Don't risk your job by posting the obvious.
Oh I won't.
Hoping this aid package gets a winning vote by the house now on Fri. At all appearances it looks like it will this time. Market is greatly up expecting the same.
We are also getting offers of time off with partial pay for our employees (all employees) I have already heard of about half dozen plus are going to take it. I am sure many, many more will take it as it is a temp. move and not perm. Anything to help keep our company afloat so we all have something to keep coming back to.
I did not post about the terminals. But I assure you, I bet they are being described as ghost towns. Stay positive, stay strong and most important stay healthy...

Assuming the Senate's bill gets passed by the House, it's possible that we might see some culling of the herd where domestic flights go.

There should be a Stage 3 CRAF/capacity buy with carriers to maintain critical commerce/people movement. Shut down the rest for 45-90 days.

I thought the airlines had to agree to a no layoff clause in order to access their share of the money. I'm sure I just read that over on the United board.

Uh, let's review what I posted..."I thought the airlines had to agree to a no layoff clause in order to access their share of the money." How does that differ from "assuming that they accept the funding." If they refuse the bailout money, yes they can layoff employees. But, The no layoff agreement must be agreed to BEFORE the money can be accepted.