Dave's Employee Meeting In Clt?

TMTQ how many A&Ps at Timco are making $22? I doubt very many.

What about health insurance that Timco does not supply?

What about a pension that Timco does not offer?

The average wage of a mechanic at an MRO ranges from $12 to $18 an hour, go do your homework.

Go call EADS Aeroframe Service in Lake Charles, LA, airbus qualified Mech $15 an hour.

And since none of the A&Ps are employed they have no vacation, sick time, pension, entilted to overtime as they are independant contractors.

to much time to quit said:
And by the way there is an abudance of work there since they are doing ALOT OF UNITED HEAVY MAINTENANCE on their 777's. None of which is being done in SFO. Given away by the IAM. Another industry leading contract!! :eek:
Excuse me! Didn't AMFA do that same thing at NW then brag that the remaining mechanics receive industry leading raises. Spin it both ways. If there was NO union in these times what do you think would have occurred then? I will tell you, 100% farm out.

FWIW, we had a little conversation with an ex-Timco employee. ( the "ex" part was voluntary )

"TMTQ how many A&Ps at Timco are making $22? I doubt very many."

-- Might be true; Figure I got was $22.75/hr, and in any case if there is a doubt of how many make this rate...could not the converse be true?

"What about health insurance that Timco does not supply?"

-- The plan in place is Blue Cross. $70 for 90% were the numbers given us.

"What about a pension that Timco does not offer?"

-- Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't...wasn't mentioned.

"The average wage of a mechanic at an MRO ranges from $12 to $18 an hour, go do your homework."

-- Average pay of an A&P mechanic, nationwide, shows $19.17/hr in the most recent 'AMT' magazine salary survey. It does show 'Line mechanic' nationwide @ $26.07. The rates can and do vary in different geographic areas of the country. Of course an MRO or most FBOs will, by and large pay less and are less desireable places to work. But the issues of compensation, nationwide are just too fluid to paint with a broad brush.

"Go call EADS Aeroframe Service in Lake Charles, LA, airbus qualified Mech $15 an hour."

-- No, I'll take your word for it...and in any case I have no desire to accept employment with them.

"And since none of the A&Ps are employed they have no vacation, sick time, pension, entilted to overtime as they are independant contractors."

-- Word we got was TIMCO does offer vacation time. Of course most would rather be employed with a major airline rather than an MRO, that was never in dispute, but the whole "3rd party" system out there is much more fluid and varied in size, scope, and organization...ie: one can't just lump everything into two camps, Airlines vs MROs.

"Excuse me! Didn't AMFA do that same thing at NW then brag that the remaining mechanics receive industry leading raises."

-- Do what? Let's get the sequence of events right here. What did AMFA "do" to allow 100% farm-out? 100% percent farm-out capability was already in place at NWA because their AMT's previous bargaining agent's contract language did not prohibit it. It is thankfully no longer so.

"Spin it both ways. If there was NO union in these times what do you think would have occurred then? I will tell you, 100% farm out."

Where was 'TMTTQ' trying to spin it both ways? Were you so desperate to work that into a conversation that this post just had to fill the bill? Why did this boil down to a "union vs non-union" point? He pointed out that present UAL's contract language allows the elimination of ALL heavy maintenenence ( and it does )...and that this provides MROs with much work.

Funny, I thought the anti-AMFA tactic du-jour was the "we can't change unions now during this crisis...." angle.

LavMan said:
Utility: The work of a utilityman shall include cleaning, washing, and polishing the interior .... such as placing and arranging in aircraft, magazines, newspapers, flight kits and other passenger conviences.
Then might suggest that you start polishing the inside of the planes you work on a little better. Most of the flights I catch out of CLT are filthy :down:

Must take all day to put all those magazines out :shock:

And yes Lav, When I spend over a $1000 a week to fly on US metal I DO EXPECT a clean plane.

LavMan said:
TMTQ how many A&Ps at Timco are making $22? I doubt very many.

What about health insurance that Timco does not supply?

What about a pension that Timco does not offer?

The average wage of a mechanic at an MRO ranges from $12 to $18 an hour, go do your homework.

Go call EADS Aeroframe Service in Lake Charles, LA, airbus qualified Mech $15 an hour.

And since none of the A&Ps are employed they have no vacation, sick time, pension, entilted to overtime as they are independant contractors.
Your right lavman. You have the most information about every subject in aviation. You post the most and tell everyone about everything. If you could only start putting more accuracy in all your ramblings maybe your reputation on this board wouldn't be that of someone who's information is only half truths to benefit your own agenda. Whatever it may be?? :(

first off [edited] if you get out of your little world in chlt you will see mechanics pushing and parking planes, and I have seen your so called security inspections up close and personell the quick breeze threw and pencil whip the paper if the mechanics did it well every life vest pocket would be checked
unlike you if we loose our ticket we have to find a new job at the least, you can dump lavs any where, secondly pitbull I dont take there dues the crummy IAM does and if was me I wouldnt want their dues you must be one of those dinosaurs we see lumbering around at night while most of us mechanics work

It's not an elitist attitude! It's the attitude of frustrated highly trained professional.The clock is ticking for the coat tail riders.Tick tick tick tick....................................getting nervous yet Lav?I think you are!Tick tick tick tick!

kinda funny I seen more rampers pushing airplanes tonight and no mechanics to be found and no broke planes.

Jetmech, Mechanics have not parked planes in several months, maybe you need to get out of your own world and realize that parking is a ramp function now.

And there are plenty of unlicensed mechanics working at MROs and at airlines.

Try again.

longing4piedmont said:
Then might suggest that you start polishing the inside of the planes you work on a little better. Most of the flights I catch out of CLT are filthy :down:

Must take all day to put all those magazines out :shock:

And yes Lav, When I spend over a $1000 a week to fly on US metal I DO EXPECT a clean plane.
Tell Dave Siegel, there are not enough utility left, for example you have 12 utility covering 17 gates in C-Con, they all come in at the same time, cant be on 17 planes when you only have 12 people.

We wish we could give you a great looking airplane, but management does not care anymore.

Lav,

Can we get back to that 100% IAM sponsored farm out of all HM at United.

I'm confused, if the IAM was willing to give that up at United..well what makes you think the IAM can stop the Airbus Work from leaving here at USAirways..??

Just asking...!!! 1L,2R

:shock: :shock: :shock: <_<

Latest posts