Dear IAM Employees,

smmech

Advanced
Nov 5, 2005
View attachment Doug_CIC_043007.pdf

Am I the only one that is offended by this load of crap?
Being a shareholder I had all the merger info sent to me and most of old Dougies statements about the merger are in direct conflict with the SEC filings and merger agreement statments.. Just a BS attempt to "Keep labor costs in-line" so why jusy not say it?

"There was no sale of substantially all the assets or stock of US Airways Group to a single purchaser or group of purchasers acting in concert." Then who is the Barbell Corp?

"There is a legal doctrine called estoppel that says if you take a position in one proceeding, and others rely on what you say, you can’t turn around later and take the opposite position in another proceeding."

estoppel by silence
: an estoppel preventing a person from making an assertion to another's disadvantage when the person previously had the opportunity and duty to speak but failed to do so
When did the IAM have this oppertunity/duty?

In managments opinion there was a change in control for the executives golden parachutes... Because there contract laungage were more expansive?

3 pages of BS and blowing over the facts with lies..

View attachment 5998

Am I the only one that is offended by this load of crap?
Being a shareholder I had all the merger info sent to me and most of old Dougies statements about the merger are in direct conflict with the SEC filings and merger agreement statments.. Just a BS attempt to "Keep labor costs in-line" so why jusy not say it?

"There was no sale of substantially all the assets or stock of US Airways Group to a single purchaser or group of purchasers acting in concert." Then who is the Barbell Corp?

"There is a legal doctrine called estoppel that says if you take a position in one proceeding, and others rely on what you say, you can’t turn around later and take the opposite position in another proceeding."

estoppel by silence
: an estoppel preventing a person from making an assertion to another's disadvantage when the person previously had the opportunity and duty to speak but failed to do so
When did the IAM have this oppertunity/duty?

In managments opinion there was a change in control for the executives golden parachutes... Because there contract laungage were more expansive?
3 pages of BS and blowing over the facts with lies..
smmech,
I wonder why Parker and company decided to put their tail between their legs and run crying to the bankruptcy judge instead of arbitrating this issue [like they agreed to], if they got such a strong case...[Actions speak louder than words].... ;)

The IAM Fleet does NOT want to go to arbitration for fear that their East employees will win. They would rather have instead, a transition agreement using the looming arbitration as leverage to get the things that the IAM really wants: dues paying members. The IAM would rather sell out their East members potential $3-4 an hour pay increase award (retroactive to Sept 2005)for a small increase, mainline employees at now contracted stations (no big problem for the company if they are at starting pay) and not contracting out small West stations. Again, the IAM Fleet DOES NOT want to go to arbitration. They want a transition agreement that will make the "change of control" go away.
This is backwards. The arbitration should go forward first. Transition agreement later.

The IAM Fleet does NOT want to go to arbitration for fear that their East employees will win. They would rather have instead, a transition agreement using the looming arbitration as leverage to get the things that the IAM really wants: dues paying members. The IAM would rather sell out their East members potential $3-4 an hour pay increase award (retroactive to Sept 2005)for a small increase, mainline employees at now contracted stations (no big problem for the company if they are at starting pay) and not contracting out small West stations. Again, the IAM Fleet DOES NOT want to go to arbitration. They want a transition agreement that will make the "change of control" go away.
This is backwards. The arbitration should go forward first. Transition agreement later.

Amen brother.

dbcooper,
Sadly, I believe you are right..

As we have seen so many times from the Idiots,A*#holes,Morons(IAM), they put off ANY movement until September on the arbitration....the busy summer season, we must all stand down so as to ' not upset' all the "positive" movement and gains the negotiators have made so far...LMAO...who do they really think buys into this line of crap anymore? No information, communication, explanation..only exploitation..SSDD...I think were all so fed up with it all, from whom ever you hear it from, IAM, AFA,ALPA,TWU, that nobody cares if it flies or dies anymore....I know that after 25+ years of doing whatever needs to be done to make this company run despite the piss poor managements that have been on the property, I dont care if USAirways flies tomorrow or dies on the vine like a strangled out old rasberry.....after all we have the PBGC to look after us all..lol.

Latest posts

Back