Dear IAM

I am confussed! Ron reported we have a positive vote, after, the 3 days coming June 23-26. And, we very well might be voting in July this year.
What, will, if any, keep us from this finalization! Hopefully, the money, and the conditions, and the senority, and the fact we have to get forward! will determine the fate of Fleet workers. Aren't we tired!!!! of discussing this. And The IAM will in fact rule conditions for the mergered airline. I am sick and tired of the quessing!
We, will accept the conditions, and the wage, and results! And there should and not be anymore discussions after a vote. Egos! and inflated aspirations will be put to rest!

I guess 9/11, bankruptcies, record high fuel prices and all the LCCs now around had nothing do with ALL the legacies taking concessions.

Don't let the facts get in your way.
Bankruptcy affected the industry but the non-union workers at Delta received much greater pay and benefits than those 'burdened' with the IAM.

The IAM actually agreed to eliminate senior people by having the "IAM exlusive" Tuffa Lucka lay off bye byes. Sources say this was done to protect PHL 'saturday and sunday offs' from more out of towners.
The IAM also negotiated its very own 'industry exclusive' second class city. Anyways, the IAM did NOTHING and continues to do zip as far as preserving anything that the company wants to take away. That's why it has become known as the "Ill Ask Management" union.

regards,

They were not IAM when they were decertified. Fleet at BOS, BUF, PHL and PIT were IBT and they made less money than the non-union fleet service stations at US Air.

They voted four more times for a union from 1989 to 1995 when the IAM won a run-off election between the USWA and the IAM.
(4) times to vote in a union :lol:

I remember when they had NO union and remember what happened to them...screwed.

Anyway I thought it was the IAM, my mistake.

But they believed they go could without a union and when they finally get one in they blame the union for all their woes.

Life is what you make of it. My foreman used to be ramper in Pit, he didn't just sit back and blame others for his woes. He still is a foreman at Pit made all the cuts, even his superiors are gone.

Tim's hatred is palpable and sad at the same time.

The IAM actually agreed to eliminate senior people
Are You F*@$'ing nuts! You're just bitter because:

1-You not "President of your own Union" (which you've tried three (3) times...and failed!)
2-You're wife won't let you leave ORD, where you're extremely limited in your self appointed prowess.(And she's the bread winner of the family)
3-You have idiots now, as you had in the past, believe you know what you're talking about (which you still don't).

Just stating facts.

Regards,

G.R.

His hatred is NOT palpable...just sad, just like him!!!
We disagree because his feelings of the IAM border on manic and unless we have different dictionaries the term applies.

Regardless, we agree here on Timmy’s mental state…twisted, distorted, canted, convoluted…on and on. . . .

Long Live The IAM and it’s alcoholics

Are You F*@$'ing nuts! You're just bitter because:

1-You not "President of your own Union" (which you've tried three (3) times...and failed!)
2-You're wife won't let you leave ORD, where you're extremely limited in your self appointed prowess.(And she's the bread winner of the family)
3-You have idiots now, as you had in the past, believe you know what you're talking about (which you still don't).

Just stating facts.

Regards,

G.R.
I really wish I were nuts but unfortunately too many members have experienced 'great pain' from the 'seniority cleansing' of the IAM. The IAM was the only union to make a 'deal' with US AIRWAYS for 'IAM exclusive' language to eliminate seniority for pay purposes for all the senior people who would be laid off for more than 60 days.

Regards,

Abrogation, final offer, not a deal, the language was there and you all voted and approved it, the only people to blame are yourselves.

Well I dont know what union meeting you attend but the NWA FAs have never been represented by the IAM and are back with the AFA, before that they were PFAA and before that IBT.

"Back with the AFA"? What do you mean by that? After all the FAs at NWA werent AFA before. You can only "go back" to someplace you were before. Do you mean "back" as far as AFL-CIO affiliation? If so, then why did they leave in the first place? The FAs at NWA wanted to leave the IBT and go to the AFA, just like the AA FAs thirty years ago, but the AFL-CIO said "NO". In fact the NWA FAs formed PFAA because no other unions would accept them, just like the AA FAs with the APFA. Arent unions about giving members a voice? If so then why do unions and the AFL-CIO do everything in their power to prevent workers from going from a union that they are disatisfied with to another affiliated union that specializes in representing the same kind of worker? Could it be that the business interests of union leaders come before the wishes and needs of the members?

Abrogation, final offer, not a deal, the language was there and you all voted and approved it, the only people to blame are yourselves.
Three years ago I predicted you would be saying this.

With leadership comes responsibility, and the IAM(as well as most of the other unions in this country) have failed to live up to their obligations.

the only people to blame are yourselves

Reminds of the movie "Animal House" when Otter tells Flounder "lets face it, you F&^$# up, you trusted us". Thats pretty much what you are saying to the members. "You voted in the contract that the union recommended because you trusted your union, well guess what, you F$%^### up, you trusted them, and you have no one to blame but yourselves".

The members rejected the contract, despite the fact that the leaders were telling them to accept it, then the union made them revote on the same agreement while mounting a fear campaign financed with $2million dollars worth of company money and you say that the members have no one to blame but themselves!!!????

Maybe you are right, the members dont have anyone to blame but themselves, for tolerating the IAM that is. The fact is the IAM didnt provide the members with any real alternatives.

In one post you blame the members for not supporting the union then in another you blame them for following (supporting)the union. Which is it? Should the members support the union and its positions(including those on accepting concessions) or not?

No I was not an AGC/GC, I worked at the local level in various positions, worked for DL 142 and was on the M&R Negotiating Committee during the last bankputcy.
So you helped bring back the deal but dont accept any responsiblity for it, speaks volumes about your character.

Loss of members due to 9/11 and management led to loss of dues so all unions at the local levels had to budget crunch.

Did International officers cut their pay and benifits in order to meet the budget? Why did the leaders tell the workers to cut thier pay to save the company but chose a different path to save the union? One set of rules and sacrifices for the members but another for union leaders and executives. Union leaders decided to take the same route as the corporate executives, pay and benifit cuts for everyone but themselves. The suffering and hardship of economic distress should apparently only be bourne by the little people.

Better get your facts straight, Fleet NEVER rejected any concessionary contracts before them in either bankruptcy case. It was the M&R who voted down the first concessionary contract in the first bankruptcy case.

And I was with M&R not fleet, and I told anyone who asked me to vote no as I voted no.

You might want to check with Canale & Armedio (the Indicted AGC) on that, 'cause they sure bragged up how they had 'improved' the final offer.

And you can talk process 'til the cows come home. The scoreboard reads:

IAM Fleet is the ONLY union on the property that lost recall rights.

ALPA, AFA, CWA and IAM mech kept theirs.

You can't explain that away.

(4) times to vote in a union :lol:

I remember when they had NO union and remember what happened to them...screwed.

Anyway I thought it was the IAM, my mistake.

But they believed they go could without a union and when they finally get one in they blame the union for all their woes.

Life is what you make of it. My foreman used to be ramper in Pit, he didn't just sit back and blame others for his woes. He still is a foreman at Pit made all the cuts, even his superiors are gone.

Tim's hatred is palpable and sad at the same time.

For the record fleet service never filed for a decertification. If you knew the true facts, USAir bought Piedmont (an airline from the traditionally anti-union south), and then went to the mediation board and requested an election. They said the Piedmont people should not have a union shoved down their throats because the ramp for Piedmont was non-union. It was granted because USAir paid the off the mediation board. Never in airline history has an election been requested by a company and granted. This procedure is done by a vote of the employees and not the employer. The Piedmont employees thought they would be better off without a union and the company won. After screwing the employees the day after decertification the employees realized they were better off with union representation and filed a year later for an election. Sadly they picked the wrong union and it took 4 years to get the first piece off crap contract after the company paid off the union to drag their feet. Those are the facts and stick that in your pipe and smoke it. I lived through it! We would have been better off with the Dishwashers of America than this ball washer union we have now! They will sell us out again and you know it!:shock: