Dear IAM

Good for him never had to work 3rd shift in his airline career
My first three years and last two were 3rd shift, and some of that in GSE in the winter too-boot. Anything but easy!

I live close to the airport and know a lot of people who work there, even before I was hired. The ramp guys "used" to have it made, it was a bragging point and they made sure you knew how easy their jobs were.

Even the once glorified mechanic positions are now just jobs.

Regardless this topic was NOT about me or what shift I worked or what I did. Deflecting the facts don't change them from true to false.

Go to school, start a business or whatever because the once good ole days are gone forever in the airline industry. The gold rush is over and done with along with the once good airline jobs.

The unions did the best they could in terrible conditions and circumstances. For me personally unions/IAM provided a lifetime pension for which I will forever be grateful and therefore defend them till my last breathe!

Take charge of your life and stop the whining it only makes you look sad and pathetic.

Kinda like the TWU at AA since you all took concessions without even being in bankruptcy.

You know what they say about a glass house?
The difference is that I fought and continue to fight company unionism while you continue to defend it because it gives you a title and an occasional escape from the floor.

Throw away.

Guess you cant read, I left US and I am not part of the IAM, left back in 2005.

Its too bad there ever was a second vote, and too damn bad we allowed it to happen, and its a frikken total shame that this company has been allowed to dissolve into the POS that it has become....maybe its time for the inevitable to happen and the IAM, ALPA, AFA, TWU, and even the westies, finish this #### off.....ZERO EFFORT=ZERO EFFORT