Death Watch for ALPA

Please comment on the alcohol problem of your boss and employees. How come Mr Parker did not go into rehab?

If it was up to me, Parker would have gone into rehab. But in this country, rules only apply to people like you and me, not CEO's.

As for our 2 Miami guys - GMAFB. That happens at every airline. Our guys just happened to appear before a judge who was trying to make a name for himself. It worked too, because he now has his own TV court show.

Why are you so interested in rehabs? Been thinking about one yourself? Give your HIMS guy a call.

If it was up to me, Parker would have gone into rehab. But in this country, rules only apply to people like you and me, not CEO's.

As for our 2 Miami guys - GMAFB. That happens at every airline. Our guys just happened to appear before a judge who was trying to make a name for himself. It worked too, because he now has his own TV court show.

Why are you so interested in rehabs? Been thinking about one yourself? Give your HIMS guy a call.

So the two America West Drunk pilots are a victim of a judge who was trying to make a name for himself. Your logic on this incident, will be transfered to your logic flying an airplane.

Yet the national HIMS committee vice-chairman is an East pilot.

You guys are right about one thing - the only fool-proof way to thwart the Nicolau Award is by not having a joint contract. That's fine - and I'm sure the AWA MEC would have done the same thing if Nicolau had ruled DOH.

The million dollar question is though - at what point will money override principle on the East? Or, how bad does the whipsawing have to get? Or - and here's a good one - if Parker keeps transferring flying East and leverages West to agree to LOA 93 to save their jobs?

I don't see a whole lot of scenarios benefiting either pilot group outside of a joint agreement. I doubt many West guys will head East, and the East attrition will still be filled by mostly East guys. Plus in a joint deal, there could be a no furlough clause that would prevent East or West guys from being furloughed if we bought somebody else. Heck, Parker was willing to carry an overage to make DAL happen, why wouldn't he consider that now?

I carry West guys to PHX all the time. I ran into one West Captain who has moved from PHX to CLT within the last year. Not sure I buy your argument about West guys and East attrition. I do agree that there may be some remedies the company could offer. These were alluded to by Scott Kirby at the last CLT meeting. Problem is getting the parties to the table to talk about it. The West MEC has already stated many times that they WILL NOT NEGOTIATE anything regarding the Nic Award, so what is the point? I also agree with you that scenerios are limited, but if you think about it, they are limited by the parties involved, not a lack of resources. I also don't see West pilots agreeing to LOA 93. It would only make sense to enter Section 6 negotiations shortly. I'm betting that comes closer after the ALPA pow wow on Tuesday when nothing gets done and ALPA can't even get a dialog going.

A320 Driver B)

Please comment on the alcohol problem of your boss and employees. How come Mr Parker did not go into rehab?
If you work for US then wouldn't it be "our" boss? I don't know why DP did not go into rehab. I don't have him in my speed dial nor do I know why the judge in his court case did not mandate rehab. Do you have the answers? If so, then enlighten us please.

I think that DP should be left alone UNLESS you can prove that he and Jerry are behind this ALPA scheme. Get your minds both East and West on the elephant not the ants. FOCUS! your attention levels are like those of knats. Your all intelligent human beings . Put on your big boy panties and think like a CEO.We can all slay the dragons but we have to clear the underbrush first.

These decert drives always gain some momentum based solely on disgust with ALPA, however, are rarely successful because a viable alternative is never offered. AWA had a pretty successful drive not that long ago, and it failed primarily because AWA pilots weren't convinced that the in-house (AWAPA) was going to function any better than ALPA does.

My computer illiterate friend at A&W asked me to post that the proposed start-up was a front for the scabs. The A&W pilots recognized this and voted accordingly.

Even if it does get off the ground, no AWA pilot will ever pay dues. Third, talk is cheap; there's a big difference between saying that you want ALPA gone and actually turning in an election card. Sort of like how you don't ever meet anybody who actually voted for LOA 93.

No dues? No job. Have a good day!

Maybe we should place wagers on the final number of cards. My guess is 200, and that's a generous guess.

What did that Chinese philosopher say about underestimating the "enemy"?

I think there would be a lot of NO votes on a new contract with this supposed new union if there is a section on agency shop administration fees. A new contract with USAPA will be a hard sell to any West pilot if this new union is forced upon them by the East. As much as the East would like to stay with LOA 93 right now, the West would probably prefer to stay with the present contract instead of a new one negotiated by a new union.

My computer illiterate friend at A&W asked me to post that the proposed start-up was a front for the scabs. The A&W pilots recognized this and voted accordingly.
What did that Chinese philosopher say about underestimating the "enemy"?
"Enemy"

That's a pretty good description.

I think there would be a lot of NO votes on a new contract with this supposed new union if there is a section on agency shop administration fees. A new contract with USAPA will be a hard sell to any West pilot if this new union is forced upon them by the East. As much as the East would like to stay with LOA 93 right now, the West would probably prefer to stay with the present contract instead of a new one negotiated by a new union.

As I said.

Have a good day!

"Enemy"

That's a pretty good description.

Took you that long, eh?

Junior people are so gullible. Workin' on that 'stash yet?