Death Watch for ALPA

The Wien guys are all gone, and with the others you list total somewhere around 10. I wonder how many "interesting" names I might encounter on the East list.

Anyhow, I wasn't downing an airline. I was merely commenting on why AirTran doesn't have ALPA on property.

With your reasoning, if you have scabs you can not have alpa.

America West is a good example that anyone with money gets in.

Alpa is dead, but forgot to fall down.

Every family has black sheep, at your airline it is the norm. If your airline was in the NFL, you would have been ousted a long time ago.

Your are our poster child for reasons to decertify ALPA. Our best defense is your attempt at offense. Thank you.

You can talk to me when you get your private pilot's license.

Until then, you're just a wanna-be.

Go play on another board you idiot.

1) Yup...Alpo's fully worth almost two percent of our pay. Don't sweat the startup costs. :up:

2)"And just what personal agenda do you think I have."?????????? Are you serious princess? = "Junebug172 Jul 12: "I'll see the left seat before you see pay parity, that's for sure!!!"

PS: I'm little shocked that "Seniority based representation"..."Went over like a lead turd" out there. There seems no enthusiasm for seniority based ANYTHING out west...which, more than anything else, brings us to our current situation.
Easy there granny, don't want to see you stress your pacemaker.

Anyway, how's that DOH agenda of yours coming along?

Did you try this before your ALPA days? Must be, because as an ALPA represented carrier, there is no way that the ALPA constitution and by-laws would have permitted this.
You need to do a bit of research before you post stuff.

Article III of the C&BL's references the seniority block system quite frequently.

You can talk to me when you get your private pilot's license.

Until then, you're just a wanna-be.

Go play on another board you idiot.

Don't worry, you haven't outdone Aquagreen, yet.

I don't know about Nostro, but I'm too old to remeber what a private pilot license is. Oh yeah! I never got a private pilot's license. And I have never had a license to fly a single engine plane. :lol:

http://www.nrtw.org/b/nr_517.php
United pilots lawsuit against alpa in article above.

Usair alpa leaders also cashed in their stock options a few years back after the first bankruptcy before the other pilots knew about it. The stock dropped rapidly and alpa insiders made out, while regular pilots did not. The difference was at least 5 to 10 thousand dollars.

With your reasoning, if you have scabs you can not have alpa.

No "reasoning" involved. That's why I hear from pilots who work there. We had a decert drive here recently, and we looked at all of the other indies.

America West is a good example that anyone with money gets in.

I think Continental is a better example of that.

Alpa is dead, but forgot to fall down.

No doubt "approval ratings" have never been lower, but unfortunately the lawyers who essentially own ALPA do have a monopoly on pilot representation expertise. Companies hire people from ALPA all the time.

Every family has black sheep, at your airline it is the norm. If your airline was in the NFL, you would have been ousted a long time ago.

If "black sheep" refers to people on the "list", do your homework. We have more pilots who struck at Eastern than we do who flew in Australia.

Another funny thing - I don't remember other ALPA carriers hoping that AWA would fail a few years ago. But I do remember other ALPA carriers hoping that US Airways would fail.

I rode a United jumpseat not long after the "acquisition for accounting purposes" was announced, and the 30-year captain spent over an hour explaining to me why AWA had just tied up to the Titanic.

http://www.nrtw.org/b/nr_517.php
United pilots lawsuit against alpa in article above.
Usair alpa leaders also cashed in their stock options a few years back after the first bankruptcy before the other pilots knew about it. The stock dropped rapidly and alpa insiders made out, while regular pilots did not. The difference was at least 5 to 10 thousand dollars.

And that lawsuit against UAL ALPA was thrown out by the judge in a summary judgment a couple of months ago. Besides the overall lack of a case, it seems several of the plaintiffs had actually taken part in the claim sale. Oppps!

DC

Two airlines that are not in Alpa happen to be the most successful for the company and pilots. American Airlines
Now that's funny. I happen to be both a member of ALPA and APA. The APA organization is different but no better than ALPA and I can guarantee that the APA is in no way responsible for AA being successful. Oh, and I'm sure you're aware of the growing movement within the APA to rejoin ALPA.

But don't take my word for it. Go ahead and dump ALPA and see how much it improves your lot in life. Hint: it won't.

I understand a little about finance( but am no CFO), but tell me how a bank or financial institution grants loans to a collective work group. What assets or collateral does this new union have to offer. Surely we are not talking about unsecured credit, or are we? Or are we talking personal guarantees? Just wondering.

The reason no union is worth a pile of Crap is because the Union Leaders ha!ha! of today fancy themselves as sudo-management. Jerry Glass was great at harpooning his bait. Yea we have all gone off on our merry journeys not ever bothering to check in on those that we entrusted with our lives. Could this be a mental flaw brought on by eating foods from China. Someone is poisoning the minds of the Employees at all levels in Corporate America. The management games of toying with the feeble minded Union Leaders will come to a HALT. The pendulum is beginning to move its up to all of us to take it back.

Now that's funny. I happen to be both a member of ALPA and APA. The APA organization is different but no better than ALPA and I can guarantee that the APA is in no way responsible for AA being successful. Oh, and I'm sure you're aware of the growing movement within the APA to rejoin ALPA.

But don't take my word for it. Go ahead and dump ALPA and see how much it improves your lot in live. Hint: it won't.

Didn't you mention that you were at TWA?

Latest posts