Death Watch for ALPA

Regardless if ALPA stays on the property, USAPA becomes or an established union represents the combined pilot group, the Eat pilots have more votes than the West pilots. Thus, as Junebug indicates a new union could be "crammed down the throats of the West pilots" due to the Nicolau Award issue.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Guess you have Ms Cleo on speed dial you have no idea on how anyone will vote.

Your lack of the process clearly shows.

Got to enough cards signed first and then have enough people vote.

Regardless if ALPA stays on the property, USAPA becomes or an established union represents the combined pilot group, the Eat pilots have more votes than the West pilots. Thus, as Junebug indicates a new union could be "crammed down the throats of the West pilots" due to the Nicolau Award issue.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

If ALPA stays, yes East will have more roll call votes than west. But, that only means something if all East votes go in one direction. Considering you guys couldn't even agree on who to run for EVP (and therefore didn't get an EVP), I'm not really worried about it. Plus, PHX will become the largest council by a large margin.

If ALPA goes, the new union won't be able to get ANYTHING done. No AWA pilot will ever pay dues, and will do everything in their power to bust the new union. Even if somehow the new union were to cram fences down on the west pilots, the West pilots would sue for DFR and the new union, with extremely limited legal resources, would surely fold. That's why ARW got put in trusteeship - not because of the decert drive, but because of the attempt to unilaterally impose fences on the MV guys.

You need a new plan - the one you have sucks.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Of course, the last thing ALPA will do is submit the Nic award to the company. And then any successor is stuck with it. A point often lost on those who think that having a new union is going to change the outcome of the award.

I can't wait to see the CEO that you Easties refer to as a "drunk" out smart you on this ALPA deal.

Wanna play ball, scarecrow?

This should be fun to watch...

I can't wait to see the CEO that you Easties refer to as a "drunk" out smart you on this ALPA deal.

Well, first off, I don't think anyone should call DP that and second, as has been stated before, East doesn't need a new union or ALPA national or Parker or anyone else to defeat the Nic award. A simple NO vote on a joint contract will do nicely. We'll see who throws the tantrums after that. Our choice is simple...a raise or the Nic award. Sounds pretty simple and foulproof to me.

What will be the basis for your lawsuit then?

A320 Driver B)

Well, first off, I don't think anyone should call DP that and second, as has been stated before, East doesn't need a new union or ALPA national or Parker or anyone else to defeat the Nic award. A simple NO vote on a joint contract will do nicely. We'll see who throws the tantrums after that. Our choice is simple...a raise or the Nic award. Sounds pretty simple and foulproof to me.

What will be the basis for your lawsuit then?

A320 Driver B)
No tantrums here. The East can vote no as much as they want. I respect their right to make a decision on any future contracts. At least we would still be a low labor cost carrier then. The West would then probably try a Section 6 negotiations which IMO will be as successful as pay parity for the East has/will be.

He should have went into rehab because of his record. He fails to admit he has a alcohol problem. Interestingly enough there seems to be a pattern of alcohol problems with the posters from awa. He is a bad example.

He should have went into rehab because of his record. He fails to admit he has a alcohol problem. Interestingly enough there seems to be a pattern of alcohol problems with the posters from awa. He is a bad example.

Yet the national HIMS committee vice-chairman is an East pilot.

You guys are right about one thing - the only fool-proof way to thwart the Nicolau Award is by not having a joint contract. That's fine - and I'm sure the AWA MEC would have done the same thing if Nicolau had ruled DOH.

The million dollar question is though - at what point will money override principle on the East? Or, how bad does the whipsawing have to get? Or - and here's a good one - if Parker keeps transferring flying East and leverages West to agree to LOA 93 to save their jobs?

I don't see a whole lot of scenarios benefiting either pilot group outside of a joint agreement. I doubt many West guys will head East, and the East attrition will still be filled by mostly East guys. Plus in a joint deal, there could be a no furlough clause that would prevent East or West guys from being furloughed if we bought somebody else. Heck, Parker was willing to carry an overage to make DAL happen, why wouldn't he consider that now?

Yet the national HIMS committee vice-chairman is an East pilot.

You guys are right about one thing - the only fool-proof way to thwart the Nicolau Award is by not having a joint contract. That's fine - and I'm sure the AWA MEC would have done the same thing if Nicolau had ruled DOH.

The million dollar question is though - at what point will money override principle on the East? Or, how bad does the whipsawing have to get? Or - and here's a good one - if Parker keeps transferring flying East and leverages West to agree to LOA 93 to save their jobs?

I don't see a whole lot of scenarios benefiting either pilot group outside of a joint agreement. I doubt many West guys will head East, and the East attrition will still be filled by mostly East guys. Plus in a joint deal, there could be a no furlough clause that would prevent East or West guys from being furloughed if we bought somebody else. Heck, Parker was willing to carry an overage to make DAL happen, why wouldn't he consider that now?

Please comment on the alcohol problem of your boss and employees. How come Mr Parker did not go into rehab?

Latest posts