Delta And Us!

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
Thanks to Delta's new fare structure and AA's announcement they may lose up to $500 million for the last quarter of 2004, get ready to take it in the shorts again.

I hope no one truly believes that AA will not hit us up for more concessions simply because contract openers can begin in 2006.

AA will be looking for more concessions sooner rather than later.

Now I know that Jim Little said he was going to fight and get everything back, but forgive me if I seem skeptical.

All AA has to do is use the bankruptcy threat one more time and we will be giving more.

Hopeful said:
Thanks to Delta's new fare structure and AA's announcement they may lose up to $500 million for the last quarter of 2004, get ready to take it in the shorts again.

I hope no one truly believes that AA will not hit us up for more concessions simply because contract openers can begin in 2006.

AA will be looking for more concessions sooner rather than later.

Now I know that Jim Little said he was going to fight and get everything back, but forgive me if I seem skeptical.

All AA has to do is use the bankruptcy threat one more time and we will be giving more.
[post="236152"][/post]​

Well its worked over at USAIR where they are going for their forth round of concessions, at the rate they are going they might actually catch up to the TWU as far as concessions!

AA will be one of the survivors in the industry. Reports are that AA has already matched a big chunk of DL’s fares which isn’t surprising since AA expanded the concept in MIA/PBI/FLL. AA and DL recognize what it takes to turn the industry around and are not expecting their employees to bear the brunt of it.

AA has the financial strength to hold it together through the restructuring and consolidation that will take place in the industry. AA’s employee and overall costs are very competitive although there will continue to be a need for all of the legacy carriers to improve productivity.

There is no reason why you should accept deeper concessions because your company knows what it takes to compete and has the resources and know-how to make it happen.

I agree with you both(I usually do). I see AA doing something "innovative", BIGGER than the others,(In typical AA style).

I see AA, along with the "Kow-Tow/ing" APA("leave the majority of us alone"), and the twu, allowing AA to have ALL the S-80 flying done by A/E.

Just think what $$$ savings could be accomplished there.
Similiar to US, you could have AMT's, FSC's ONLY able to work in stations like BOS-JFK-LGA-DCA-IAD-MCO-MIA-SJU-ORD-DFW-LAS-LAX-SFO-HNL, and mabey-SEA.
AMT's in AFW-TUL, and mabey MCI.

AND,
in a somewhat similiar fashion, this would become an Uncle Bobby(Crandall) prophecy of International and Transcon flying(by mainline) ONLY !!!!
AND,
That does'nt mean that the remaining "mainliners" would'nt get CORNHOLED $$$ !

NH/BB's

Latest posts