December Will Be Bad News Month At American

I agree with you about going a full year without any recalls, given the current attrition rate, unless management is planning to draw down capacity.

Does today's announcement about the elimination of the 20 or so mainline flights at DFW count?

<_< Management anounced yesterday that the aa 757 line, curently worked at MCI, would be temperarely be moved to TUL to make room for the Air Canada 767s! And 767 line also will go to AFW!!! There is a lot going on here the last few days! Air Canada stated that if these six aircraft go well, we may have a chance at 20 more! Also Boeing has been snopping arround for posible overflow government KC135 work! Both MCI, and TUL, were mentioned! In fact Cambell has already named us! "American Airlines Maintenance Services"!!! Which brings up another issue! I hope we're all not going to be a victums of our own success!!!! If you know what I'm saying!!! ;)

<_< Management anounced yesterday that the aa 757 line, curently worked at MCI, would be temperarely be moved to TUL to make room for the Air Canada 767s! And 767 line also will go to AFW!!! There is a lot going on here the last few days! Air Canada stated that if these six aircraft go well, we may have a chance at 20 more! Also Boeing has been snopping arround for posible overflow government KC135 work! Both MCI, and TUL, were mentioned! In fact Cambell has already named us! "American Airlines Maintenance Services"!!! Which brings up another issue! I hope we're all not going to be a victums of our own success!!!! If you know what I'm saying!!! ;)

What does that leave for you do as far as permamnent non-contact work?

757 line to Tulsa
767 line ot AFW

They are not hoodwinking you are they?

I still hear the goal is to shut MCI down. With lay-offs system wide coming soon.

Very interesting point. I think that pretty soon AA will be announcing that overhaul will be spun off into a subsidiary of AMR Corp. Does anyone else see the TWU/AA love fest that is goin on? If AA were to do this, they could tell this "American Airline Maintenance Services" they need to lower their costs in order to work on AA aircraft. It is one way to ensure that the overhaul people can continue to live and work in TUL, AFW and MCI!

Campbell will be president of this subsidiary!

Very interesting point. I think that pretty soon AA will be announcing that overhaul will be spun off into a subsidiary of AMR Corp. Does anyone else see the TWU/AA love fest that is goin on? If AA were to do this, they could tell this "American Airline Maintenance Services" they need to lower their costs in order to work on AA aircraft. It is one way to ensure that the overhaul people can continue to live and work in TUL, AFW and MCI!

Campbell will be president of this subsidiary!
<_< Vary Good Hopeful! You are vary perseptive! When asked these questions directly here last week, we got a song and dance for an answeer! But at this point, I wouldn't jump to any mis-conclutions! His anounsment empensized that the transfer of these lines from MCI was temperary!!! In fact he included when the line would return, and exactly what aircraft were involved!but let me point out, I feel this company would intail all third party work! Not just here at MCI! But I don't want to start a panic here! Just to point out an obvious posibility! ;)

<_< Vary Good Hopeful! You are vary perseptive! When asked these questions directly here last week, we got a song and dance for an answeer! But at this point, I wouldn't jump to any mis-conclutions! His anounsment empensized that the transfer of these lines from MCI was temperary!!! In fact he included when the line would return, and exactly what aircraft were involved!but let me point out, I feel this company would intail all third party work! Not just here at MCI! But I don't want to start a panic here! Just to point out an obvious posibility! ;)

The "company" has never lied to me!

Satire of Course

The "company" has never lied to me!

Satire of Course
<_< And pray tell! What has the "COMPANY" told you now????? ;) Oh! I see now! That was just a Satire!!!! Well Mr.TWU informer, what's your take on all this? Or are we making a big tado about nothing??? I'de like your opinon!!!Do you feel all third party work will be spun off into a seperate MRO Co.? If so, do you feel the workers of that company would be represented by the TWU??? I know it would have a sepurate contract! That would be the whole point of the spin-off! How much of the operation would it intal? Just MCI? MCI+TASEL???? MCI+TASEL+???? Could this be aa's big picture??? :shock:

Does today's announcement about the elimination of the 20 or so mainline flights at DFW count?
Please, Mr moderator, you cannot actually believe these AMFA-TWU morons actually have "factual" information?

Please, Mr moderator, you cannot actually believe these AMFA-TWU morons actually have "factual" information?
If you all read "TWU misinformers" original post it appears it is way off base, it appears his motorcycle has sputtered out. And "Decision 2004"'s stupid sunglasses let in too such radiation and left him incoherrent.

<_< Please don't take all this as fact! It's all sepeculation on my part! I'm simply trying to point out what could happen!!! And would be speculation on TWU informer's part as well! I was simply trying to give him enough rope to hange himself with! :p TWU---Love you Brother!

<_< And pray tell! What has the "COMPANY" told you now????? ;) Oh! I see now! That was just a Satire!!!! Well Mr.TWU informer, what's your take on all this? Or are we making a big tado about nothing??? I'de like your opinon!!!Do you feel all third party work will be spun off into a seperate MRO Co.? If so, do you feel the workers of that company would be represented by the TWU??? I know it would have a sepurate contract! That would be the whole point of the spin-off! How much of the operation would it intal? Just MCI? MCI+TASEL???? MCI+TASEL+???? Could this be aa's big picture??? :shock:

Of course the TWU would represent them?
That is the reward for agreeing to the spin off!

Would you expect anything less?

Of course the TWU would represent them?
That is the reward for agreeing to the spin off!

Would you expect anything less?
<_< No! Not nesssarely! A election of representation would have to be held! This would be a whole new company, and new contract,only those effected would be eligable to vote! I can see it now!!! Would you believe: "Teamsters?","IAM?","AMFA!!!?" :shock: :p

My opinion.

ALL overhaul maintenance operations will be spun off into a seperate company from Line maintenance. Not just third party work. Yes the TWU will represent the workers as the merger and acquisition language is in place to insure just that initially. The current contract will be honored.

Next contract negotiations, two agreements, one for line, one for overhaul. Overhaul will be required to produce and accept lower pay or AA contracts for AA Maintenance will then be pulled and overhaul will be disolved.

In other words, overhaul is being given one more chance, but this will be the last chance. And this happening, not because the TWU is on the property, but because AA Management would prefer to keep it's own overhaul in-house, but will not continue to do so in a competetive de-regulated industry if it is not long term cost effective.

There, I have placed the rope around my neck, now you decide when to do the hanging.

Latest posts