December Will Be Bad News Month At American

<_< I don't know about you TWU, but from what I've personally seen, and heard, things are going to get vary interesting arround here vary quickly! So fasten your seat belts people, it's going to be one helleva ride!!!!!

My opinion.

ALL overhaul maintenance operations will be spun off into a seperate company from Line maintenance. Not just third party work. Yes the TWU will represent the workers as the merger and acquisition language is in place to insure just that initially. The current contract will be honored.

Next contract negotiations, two agreements, one for line, one for overhaul. Overhaul will be required to produce and accept lower pay or AA contracts for AA Maintenance will then be pulled and overhaul will be disolved.

In other words, overhaul is being given one more chance, but this will be the last chance. And this happening, not because the TWU is on the property, but because AA Management would prefer to keep it's own overhaul in-house, but will not continue to do so in a competetive de-regulated industry if it is not long term cost effective.

There, I have placed the rope around my neck, now you decide when to do the hanging.

No need to lynch.
This seems to be one of the "major" annoucements to be made after the new year. I hear Campbell will become the president of this new entity.

In other words, overhaul is being given one more chance, but this will be the last chance.
This is quite evident with the "pulse test" we were told by romano and burchette in the recent base conference that 12 day heavy checks were already bugeted for 2006. I believe we have been set up to fail at this enormous task and the writing is on the wall!

That rumor has been shot down by the STL Base Chair. The next APFA hotline, due this Friday, will contain the announcement that the company advised the union that there are no current plans for flight attendant recalls in 2006.
Well, well, well.

After keeping his core constituency in the dark for months, Greg Bertolini gave the furloughed TWAers a preview of an announcement that was not made.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

This is quite evident with the "pulse test" we were told by romano and burchette in the recent base conference that 12 day heavy checks were already bugeted for 2006. I believe we have been set up to fail at this enormous task and the writing is on the wall!
<_< Romano,and Burchette! Now there's a hellva pair! What are they, joined at the hip? It's curious you used that frase! "set up to fail!" It seems I've heard that same thing arround here!!! Hange in there!!! ;)

<_< I don't know about you TWU, but from what I've personally seen, and heard, things are going to get vary interesting arround here vary quickly! So fasten your seat belts people, it's going to be one helleva ride!!!!!

I started this thread based on the same belief, maybe my timing was off a bit, but it will still hit the fan soon, just watch. My guess is that initial plans are changing a bit and MCI employees will no doubt, through "attrition" be victims of the TWU/AA Love Fest Pajama Party Financial Partner Union Membership Sell Out. Unionism, to Burchette and other Tulsa TWU bubba-lievers is save Tulsa jobs and screw everyone else, including the pay and benefits negotiated over 50 plus years. Everything is sacrificial and on the table to save jobs. The membership here thinks about pay and benefit recovery, while the Leadership speaks of nothing but jobs and dues payer. This division in thinking will soon lead to another movement to replace the union.

I started this thread based on the same belief, maybe my timing was off a bit, but it will still hit the fan soon, just watch. My guess is that initial plans are changing a bit and MCI employees will no doubt, through "attrition" be victims of the TWU/AA Love Fest Pajama Party Financial Partner Union Membership Sell Out. Unionism, to Burchette and other Tulsa TWU bubba-lievers is save Tulsa jobs and screw everyone else, including the pay and benefits negotiated over 50 plus years. Everything is sacrificial and on the table to save jobs. The membership here thinks about pay and benefit recovery, while the Leadership speaks of nothing but jobs and dues payer. This division in thinking will soon lead to another movement to replace the union.
<_< Quit the opposit TWU! When I said I felt there would be a recall by mid-summer here at MCI, I meant just that!!Jan. should be a great month for us!!!But I've waited this long,I can wait a little longer!Let's see how's right!!!! :rolleyes:

I started this thread based on the same belief, maybe my timing was off a bit, but it will still hit the fan soon, just watch.

I'm sure if you wait long enough, something will eventually happen that meets your expectations.

I'm sure if you wait long enough, something will eventually happen that meets your expectations.
<_< Did I say the month of Jan. would be good for MCI?---- :unsure: Yea! I'm sure I said the month of Jan! :p But unlike TWU informer,in this case I have to stress the positive,not negative! There are potental contracts in the works,that if they pan out,and so far I'm told they look vary promising,will not only be vary profitable for MCI,but in turn aa also! And your absolutly correct Mr.Former Moderator! If you wait long enough, anything can happen! ;) But there's also an old saying," don't count your chickens before they're hatched"! So I'll have to predicate the above statement,"with the information at hand today!" In other words, take it for what you feel it's worth!!!!

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Latest posts