Delta CEO: "We still haven't seen the worst of it"

I don't think they can suspend entire cities, Kev. CARES requirement...

MHT still has once a day to/from DTW, as does ORH except that seems to only be operating a couple days a week. Bare minimum to stay legal.

I should've clarified... The suspension(s) of service begin on 5/13. PVD and MHT, are considered part of the BOS market, which is how DL is getting around the CARES Act.

Other stations being suspended are: MDW, OAK, BUR, LGB, HPN, SWF, CAK, and PHF.

ORH is not considered the same market, but DL has petitioned the DOT to cut service there as well. In that request, they've asked to suspend SAV, LAN, PIH, PIA, AZO, BQK, ORH, MEL, and FNT.

On the INT'L side, we've ended CZM and MGA permanently.

Last edited:
CZM isn't a surprise. It's close enough to CUN, and the ferries aren't inconvenient.

I'm almost thinking we have seen the worst of it, as far as the industry is concerned. Even the article below states both Delta and American are adding flights to cover the added passengers starting to come back, following in Southwest steps. Hopefully we all see better and better returns to flying. At this point any increases is a very welcome change to the industry. Hopefully summer will turn out decent.
Also great to see Delta and AA sees the cash burn ending by years end, that's great!! Every little bit helps. Below is an article mentioning cash burns ending. Always good to hear positive news...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/american-airlines-sees-end-cash-154911570.html

What about UNITED ????????/
Haven't read or seen anything about United's cash burn rate by end of year thus far. I would expect with Southwest, Delta and American reporting this past week or weeks, that United might chime in early this coming week, hopefully it will be even more good news of returning passengers and LF's building as we move into summer months of flying. Not leaving United out on purpose, just haven't ran across anything of them reporting how they expect their cash burn rate to go by end of year or for that matter, Q by Q. United has been pretty quiet. Maybe they don't wanna guess on the future and have to back track it all later. Just a guess on my part.

DL added quite a few flights back for June, and is adding even more for July. It’s still a LONG way down from where we’d normally be, but it’s nice to see things slowly rebounding.

DL added quite a few flights back for June, and is adding even more for July. It’s still a LONG way down from where we’d normally be, but it’s nice to see things slowly rebounding.
Still looking at about 1000 added flights by Aug. but nothing after that thru end of year.
Was really glad to read that Delta is also enforcing the new policies. If ALL airlines would do this and ban together with "sharing info." with one another, then soon all passengers will have no prob. wearing mask. If they don't want to, fine, then they don't fly, that simple. And since it has been made a policy, you have them rebook at any charges required. Pay me now or pay me later. Put the ball in their court, their choice.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/delta-says-unlikely-add-many-142138861.html

And since it has been made a policy, you have them rebook at any charges required. Pay me now or pay me later. Put the ball in their court, their choice.
Actually, that's not how it works.... If you're denying carriage to a customer and it's not for a violation of Federal law (which this isn't and probably won't be unlike smoking in a lav), the airline has to offer a full refund without penalties.

Still looking at about 1000 added flights by Aug. but nothing after that thru end of year.

I wouldn't trust any schedule data that's more than four-six weeks out. Not every move is being telegraphed via SSIM's right now. A week ago, Alaska was looking to be the second biggest airline in the world for the month of October (bigger than DL or UA) because of how airlines have changed their approaches to schedule publishing.