Delta Question

Julian

Jun 17, 2010
Okay so I think that I should give my itinerary first and that's

Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) to Cincinnati to Charles de Gaulle in Paris then back 12 days later.

So I have a question about carry on baggage.

Delta has a policy that you can have 1 carry on bag, which is no more than 45 linear inches and can fit into the box at the ticket counter that's 22X9X14, and less than 40 pounds. You may also have 1 personal item, like a laptop or camera bag.

So to start I'd like to have my carry on my laptop and my camera (which is in a bag). Now will I catch flak from airport officials if I keep my camera bag inside my carry on luggage and my laptop as the personal item? or the laptop in the luggage and keep my camera as the personal item?

Secondly the "official" dimensions of my carry on duffle that I plan on bringing is 22X14X13 which is 49 linear inches, which is more than the allotment. However when I measured it it measured 21X9X13.5, which is under the 45 linear inch allotment. Now my question is, can I bring this bag provided the duffel is not completely full, thus allowing it to "mold" itself into that box at the ticket counter?