Delta Reaches Deal with Union

"After a month of good faith negotiations, we’re pleased to announce that we have reached a tentative agreement on all local issues including wages and benefits."

Imagine that!

and they are represented by what set of laws, Kevin? not the same ones that govern airlines.

and, as I noted, DL would follow and incorporate national contract language which is being led by Shell.

completely different type of scenario.

no, it is relevant.

The governing laws over the negotiations and the industry environment for Trainer vs. the airline industry are completely different.

It means that it is inaccurate to expect DL to do anything similar with any other workgroup that is governed by transportation laws than industrial unionization laws.

Ask DALPA that.

Seems that DL and DALPA get along fine and negotiated CBAs fairly quickly.

and DALPA has shown that it is a two way deal not just the "give me, give me" type of relationship that the unionistas make union representation out to be for the FAs

There simply is no lessons that can be applied from what DL did with the Trainer employees compared to what it will do with FAs or any other airline employees that unionize.

700UW said:
Ask DALPA that.

Seems that DL and DALPA get along fine and negotiated CBAs fairly quickly.
Outsider...read your own post. DALPA not ALPA negotiated. Local vs national....iam= national.....you will never get it....oh wait your the union goon. Got it.

metopower said:
Outsider...read your own post. DALPA not ALPA negotiated. Local vs national....iam= national.....you will never get it....oh wait your the union goon. Got it.
You dont get it, the District which DL FAs will have their own, with DL FAs as the officers and negotiators, who will be elected by their peers.  The International doesnt negotiated the CBA, that is the District and members from the Local Lodge which DL FAs should have in every crew base/domicile city.

Your an outsider to the IAM, learn to read and comprehend, this information has been posted time and time again.

While we're waiting, what exactly is the question?

Yes, each District has it's own bylaws, and yes, DL FAs will both have their own District & craft their own set of bylaws.

Each base will elect its own reps, and the group as a whole will elect an NC.

What am I missing here?

Still waiting to hear how being under the RLA somehow precludes negotiating with employees...

While we're waiting, what exactly is the question?
Yes, each District has it's own bylaws, and yes, DL FAs will both have their own District & craft their own set of bylaws.
Each base will elect its own reps, and the group as a whole will elect an NC.
What am I missing here?
Still waiting to hear how being under the RLA somehow precludes negotiating with employees...[/quot
What you are missing is....they will be under the direction and by laws of a union that has THEIR interests as the main agenda not the FA's . It's not a FA union period. You want a union so bad you will take any union.So ..I'll give you a chance to voice that the iam is the best fit for your needs with the best performance.

...this thread is about Trainer, so unless one of you is actually a roughneck, we're all "outsiders."

Still waiting to hear how the RLA precludes DL for negotiating with its employees in the same expedient manner as this deal was handled.

Latest posts

Back