Delta Reaches Deal with Union

nothing precludes it, Kevin.

I never said it did.

I simply said that those who want to try to connect what happened at Trainer as evidence of what DL will do with another union is making a completely illogical leap.

Airline CBAs are not dependent on the settlement of a national agreement in negotiations that are led by one company on behalf of multiple employers.

the context and laws are completely different between Trainer and airline industry employees.

and thank you for bringing the conversation back to this topic.

700UW said:
Ask DALPA that.

Seems that DL and DALPA get along fine and negotiated CBAs fairly quickly.

And the dispatchers. I believe that both unions came to early contracts last time. 

WorldTraveler said:
and DALPA has shown that it is a two way deal not just the "give me, give me" type of relationship that the unionistas make union representation out to be for the FAs

There simply is no lessons that can be applied from what DL did with the Trainer employees compared to what it will do with FAs or any other airline employees that unionize.
The only person making it out that way is you because you are butt hurt. 

WorldTraveler said:
nothing precludes it, Kevin.

I never said it did.

I simply said that those who want to try to connect what happened at Trainer as evidence of what DL will do with another union is making a completely illogical leap.

Airline CBAs are not dependent on the settlement of a national agreement in negotiations that are led by one company on behalf of multiple employers.

the context and laws are completely different between Trainer and airline industry employees.

and thank you for bringing the conversation back to this topic.
Pretty sure this is 3 for 3 for Delta and all its unions. 

I have never said that DL couldn't or haven't settled contracts quickly with its few unions.

I did say and you are the one that seems to have butthurt (your words) to admit that what has happened with the employees at Trainer has no bearing on what DL does with its airline employees who are governed by a completely different set of laws and procedures.

I'm not even sure what the point of posting this thread here is... but the airline operation and Trainer are about as connected as the fact that DL has employees in other countries that are governed by unions that have absolutely no influence on US domestic employees

WorldTraveler said:
I have never said that DL couldn't or haven't settled contracts quickly with its few unions.

I did say and you are the one that seems to have butthurt (your words) to admit that what has happened with the employees at Trainer has no bearing on what DL does with its airline employees who are governed by a completely different set of laws and procedures.

I'm not even sure what the point of posting this thread here is... but the airline operation and Trainer are about as connected as the fact that DL has employees in other countries that are governed by unions that have absolutely no influence on US domestic employees
When did i say anything about that? 

learn how to read. 

whether you said it or not, DL's negotiations and handling of the Trainer contract has nothing to do with how DL would handle airline employees.

some don't want to admit it.

WorldTraveler said:
whether you said it or not, DL's negotiations and handling of the Trainer contract has nothing to do with how DL would handle airline employees.

some don't want to admit it.
I don't know, Delta has been getting contracts done early, 

but for the most part, because of different labor laws, Delta had to get Trainer done because unions can still strike(unlike unions under the RLA) 

exactly... the difference is that what negotiates at Trainer is still subject to the national refinery contract and DL knows that.

they are going to pay whatever Shell is able to negotiate on behalf of the rest of all refinery operators plus whatever DL is willing to throw in.

there isn't a similar example to that in the airline industry.

DL is just "along for the ride" with the Trainer refinery as far as labor is concerned plus whatever DL threw in.

It will be interesting to know if that now includes pass benefits....

I don't know, Delta has been getting contracts done early,
Indeed.

but for the most part, because of different labor laws, Delta had to get Trainer done because unions can still strike(unlike unions under the RLA)
Exactly.

That said,the structural differences between the NLRA and RLA in no way preclude DL from negotiating in an expedient fashion with it's own employees.

Kev3188 said:
Indeed. Exactly.That said,the structural differences between the NLRA and RLA in no way preclude DL from negotiating in an expedient fashion with it's own employees.
Wishful thinking. That was a contract revision of an existing contract. With the iam it will be a contract from scratch.

Indeed.

Exactly.

That said,the structural differences between the NLRA and RLA in no way preclude DL from negotiating in an expedient fashion with it's own employees.
nothing precludes anything....

but it is simply a pipe dream to dismiss the comment you have made for years that DL pays its non-contract employees a premium to keep a union out only to be in a position where you want them to continued to be paid even more of a premium with an expedited contract for violating that the DL culture which Mr. Anderson has said would end if any existing non-contract groups choose to unionize.

Your "before" and after statements don't logically match, Kevin.

It is probably because you are now trying to push the "after" agenda that you dismiss the "before" agenda when it is clear that you did get that right even if it doesn't fit with a union agenda.

Back