Airline Resumes Talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Airline resumes talks

Lance Svendsen, an Air Line Pilots Association Council 90 official in Charlotte, N.C. (MEC F/O Rep), has launched a drive to remove the Pittsburgh and Philadelphia representatives from the executive council.

Svendsen said he will demand the resignations of Fred Freshwater and John Brookman, of Pittsburgh and Daniel Von Bargen and John Crocker, both of Philadelphia, at a meeting next week in Charlotte.

In an Internet posting for pilots, Svendsen said the Pennsylvania Four "have misled this pilot group using e-mails, phone calls, resolutions and council letters. ... Their reckless and careless agenda ... has already cost this pilot group millions of dollars in lost income and benefits.''

Freshwater said he won't resign, but has informed pilots he won't seek re-election in February.

See Story

USA320Pilot comments: As indicated by a MEC Rep, the RC4 have purposely "misled this pilot group using e-mails, phone calls, resolutions and council letters", which I have previously indicated on this message board. Fred Freshwater had one motive: seek a ways to recover funds lost when the DB plan was terminated, since he was scheduled to receive a lump sum payment of about $2 million. Freshwater is suing ALPA and forced the NC to make proposals that would only provide a 10% DC Plan cut, early retirement incentive program, expanded voluntary leave of absence, and sick bank cash outs so he cold leave the airline with a bundle of money.

Freshwater could care less about 28,000 employees and their families, as long as he got his money. Now the man will not run for office again, which shows his true commitment to ALPA. It's all about Fred...

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Is there a broken record going?

The same rep who you said that he said the NLRB and its bankruptcy regulations would prevent self-help.

Like I told you the airlines are covered by the NMB and there are no bankrupcty regulations under the jurisdiction of the NMB.

If he really said what you posted, you are in serious trouble if a rep does not even know the labor board or laws which unionized airline workers fall under.

"It's all about Fred" (LOL)...for a welcome change it isn't all about you for a moment , but we all know better don't we?

I think you need to do some real hard soul searching before you ever point a finger about anyone being all out for themselves again. The record speaks volumes against you Captain.

We have all seen how you post with tongue in cheek glee over the F/A's , Mechanics and any one else making nothing to keep you flying....and the 150 Fleet posts with glee over A320's remaining with out of senority furlough's being threatened. Just who the hell is all about me again?

FYI....if I were Fred? , which thankfully I'm not....I'd walk away from trying to protect a bunch of cowaring whimps like you too !! Who needs the added aggravation in times like this anyway?

USA320,

I feel shame for you and your cowardly ALPA reps for any action they make take against these 4 reps.

Your ALPA MEC are stupid, and deserve the very worst wrath this management can instill if your idiot pals are successful.

Hopefully none of them will resign, nor succomb or captitulate.

Your MEC should be polling the members to find out where they stand with the demands of this company.

YOUR MEC WON'T EVEN DO THAT...INSTEAD THEY SIT AND CONTINUE TO DIVIDE THE GROUP AND PLAY INTO MANAGEMENTS SCHEME OF WEAKENING ALL OF YOU. Stevendson is an embarrassement to his profession.

AFA International conducted a scientific poll before we went to the table. AFA wanted to know where the members stood and under certain threats.

Shame on ALPA for not doing the same NOW.

Personally, I admire Fred. I hope to God that we have several "Freds" on the UAL MEC. I have a feeling we're going to need them.

Phanton Fixer: I take no pleasure in this catastrophe, but it is what it is. ALPA’s advisors publicly said if a deal was cut last summer the pilot’s could expect to provide 80 to 85% of the ask. The advisors then said at bankruptcy it would be 100% of the ask and in bankruptcy it would get worse.

Guess what? The advisors are batting 1000% and the RC4 have a batting average of zero.

The ALPA president, ALPA E&FA, the ALPA bankruptcy counsel, ALPA outside general counsel, ALPA Legal contract administer, ALPA lead economist, ALPA financial advisor, both ALPA professional negotiators, all 3 MEC officers, and 8 of the MEC members all recommended the RC4 not take their actions. In less than 6 months in officer, these RC4 have roll called 29 of 31 major MEC decisions. Furthermore, according to a MEC Rep and 3 public charges by the MEC chairman, the RC4 “have misled this pilot group using e-mails, phone calls, resolutions and council letters.â€

Let me make this perfectly clear: The RC4 have lied and have possibly broken the law and they could be held accountable for their actions.

"So far their reckless and careless agenda ... has already cost this pilot group millions of dollars in lost income and benefitsâ€, according to MEC Rep Lance Svendsen. Specifically, there was the loss of the DC plan notional monies, the July, August, and September DC plan payments, deeper cuts than were proposed by the Company on September 10 (on September 10 the company proposed a 16.5% pay cut and now are seeking a 23% pay cut). Moreover, there is the strong possibility of the loss of the minimum fleet count, loss of the no furlough clause due to productivity changes, loss of the best fragmentation language in the industry, loss of CAR’s, loss of restricted stock, proposed out of seniority furloughs, loss of severance pay, and no further MDA J4J.

Furthermore, the RC4 put a new Negotiating Committee in place against the advice of the ALPA president and all of its advisors who never served on the committee before. This all “rookie’ team had never attended the George Meaney School of Labor relations and sent one member. Guess what? This member was the first ALPA pilot to not successfully complete the school.

Yep, this crack up team of the RC4 and the NC have done a bang up job for this pilot group and the rest of US Airways’ employees.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320,

The company, so far, hasn't gotten anything yet.

So, why don't you save your typing fingers and see what happens in a week.

Our AFA legal (are lawyers you know, and we have one from Harvard too.) They intend to fight this. ALPA 4 have nothing to do with what the company is demanding.

Every proposal's cost target increased every time the company put forth a new proposal, and that was BEFORE BK.

If you support those kinds of negotiations, then you don't understand negotiations and niether does your ALPA MEC President. Capitulation is NOT negotiations.

There is another option for each union member from every union.

DFR lawsuits filed against the union leaders. Clearly there is a strong argument where union leaders could be personally liable for millions of dollars in damages.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

You know making accusations agains the RC4 saying they broke the law is slanderous and you can be sued for posting slanderous remarks on the internet.

You show your desperation more and more with each post.

And an individual union rep is not personally liable, they are all bonded by their respective unions by law. See if you were a real rep you would know that, but we all know which side of the fence you are on.

USA320Pilot said:
There is another option for each union member from every union.

DFR lawsuits filed against the union leaders. Clearly there is a strong argument where union leaders could be personally liable for millions of dollars in damages.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="184579"][/post]​

USA320,

Your comments above don't deserve commentary!

CLT F/O Rep Lance Svendsen told the Charlotte Observer the RC4 have purposely "misled this pilot group using e-mails, phone calls, resolutions and council letters". Furthermore, MEC chairman Bill Pollock has publicly scolded the RC4 three separate times for similar actions.

Slanderous or fact?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Glad to see you keep up your false filled postings.

Bring it on. I have done nothing wrong, can you say the same?

And if that is the best you can do, all I can say is CHECKMATE, you lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts