District 142 Machinist Update Re: Possible Election

Ignorance.

Stick to things you know about and union elections is one you dont.

The extension is for SIGNATURES. From what I was told, the NMB has hired a group of temp workers to speed up the signature verification process. Got to make sure Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse and Donald Duck, etc. are not turning in cards. :rolleyes:

See there you go again.

You don't know about union's and representational elections. The ramp cannot participate in the Mechanic and Related election.

Class and Craft.

And yes a terminated member who's case is in the grievance procedure is eligble to sign a card and participate in the election.

Like I said, stick to things you know and this subject is not one of them.

Ignorance.

Gee 7 I thought that Bob did a very good job of interpreting what was said....your responses to PineyBob are very predictable. We know you have a "goat" 7. :)

The IBT & the Company filed extensions regarding collection of cards and time for IBT to file a response.

Reads like they only informed on the facts not rumors of course you would have problem with that.

The extension is for SIGNATURES. From what I was told, the NMB has hired a group of temp workers to speed up the signature verification process. Got to make sure Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse and Donald Duck, etc. are not turning in cards. :rolleyes:

I don't understand. USAirways asked for an extention to get signatures or to give NMB more time to verify signatures?

Ignorance.

there you go again mr condesending... I guess that since we do not have your union pedigree we are in capable of knowing anything about union business.. or is that the way the iam likes their rank and file

let me ask you this...

if say, American Airlines were the ones buying you and you stood to be put under there contract that you did not want, wouldn't you try everything that you could to keep the iam???? that is what most of us feel like. we have history with the IBT and we feel that it is best for us in the long run to stay with them.
we don't want to roll over and give it up to the company just because some say that it has to be that way...

we have history with the IBT and we feel that it is best for us in the long run to stay with them.

you have one contract...a new one to boot...opener contracts are just that.....room to improve.

funny though...it was the model used by the airline industry to set up givebacks and such when in BK.

look around you man....keep it,pal...

The law of the land lets them vote in the representational election, not union rules.

Go read the Railway Labor Act and the NMB's Representational Manual.

Like I said, stick to things you know about, union representational elections is not one.

PineyBob,
Your input is welcome here. Weather I agree with you or not. Welcome....much of the time I do agree with you. Welcome. :)

you have one contract...a new one to boot...opener contracts are just that.....room to improve.

funny though...it was the model used by the airline industry to set up givebacks and such when in BK.

look around you man....keep it,pal...

So....your contract has been around for.....how long?? Has it improved in the last......let's say....two years? :)

Just imagine that an election victory could be decided by 22 fired thugs

Just imagine how many thugs are allowed to vote in a presidential election that their vote could decide who will run a country for 4 years.

Slavery was the Law of the Land at one time as well. So just because it's the law doesn't make it right.

Jusr because a law isn't right doesn't give you right to break it. If you don't like it get it changed. Isn't that what happened with slavery?

Just imagine how many thugs are allowed to vote in a presidential election that their vote could decide who will run a country for 4 years.

Convicted Felons aren't allowed to vote if memory serves me. Wondering if the charges that could be filed are Felonies or not?

Jusr because a law isn't right doesn't give you right to break it. If you don't like it get it changed. Isn't that what happened with slavery?

Please send the above to the IAM regarding the rumored "Job Action" in PHL. Nevermind the assault on the TWU. Seems like IAM is well schooled in lawbreaking & Leg Breaking.

Can you show where they are convicted felons or how about even charged as felons? Please provide links. If a presidentional election was held today would they be allowed to vote? Guess you are right they shouldn't be allowed to vote in IAM election. Hmm how about if they were TWU members would they be allowed to vote? Does the TWU have a exemption from the law to represent their members?

While I'm at it should I send a copy of that to the TWU? have you consulted your site you keep mentioning on TWU past too? I didn't think so. By the way if you backreel and say well you were only talking about the PHL incident. Do you have proof that the IAM was involved as a organization from the top down and also would you please tell us whose, which and how many legs were broken in that incident exactly?

I don't understand. USAirways asked for an extention to get signatures or to give NMB more time to verify signatures?
The extension was requested so that the company had enough time to provide signatures to the NMB which is obviously, a part of the card verification process. I wouldn't think that an election will be put forth, yes, if it is put forth, until the end of March.......just my feeling from what I've heard.

A W you are correct again, besides if the company failed to get enough copies of signatures to the NMB and an ensuing election was held and won by the IBT, the first appeal would be that the signatures were invalid... go figure...

A W you are correct again, besides if the company failed to get enough copies of signatures to the NMB and an ensuing election was held and won by the IBT, the first appeal would be that the signatures were invalid... go figure...
And again, from what I was told, the signatures that are being sought, thus the DELAY, are needed from the east. Again, you would've thought that issue would've been ready and/or resolved before hand but..........I guess the company and the IAM thought is was going to be a done deal with the IAM. Appears that there's a David and Goliath thing going on.

Latest posts