DL slashes MEM again

Status
Not open for further replies.
bless your heart - you make no sense most of the time - just ask all the posters you vote your posts poorly

not sure the connection to MEM but AA and US are both cutting a lot of flights in March including reducing major markets like ORD-SFO to just 5X/day. and there are a bunch of S. America reductions as well.

and DL is adding back CCS flights.... hmmm.

good for AA.. it is a hub to hub flight for them
AA/US has cut significant amounts of int'l TATL capacity and based on AA's traffic report, even more needs to come out.

and it is also possible that CLT-JFK like PHL-JFK which DL also operated was in part because DL needed to have a mechanism to ensure that US' policy of undercutting other carriers in their hubs left DL with alternatives to pick up traffic from US' hubs.

now that AA/US is now pricing more rationally, the chances are very high that AA will carry that traffic on itself while AA/US is also pulling less int'l traffic out of DL hubs.

DL still flies LGA-CLT. and UA still flies to EWR. plus DL flies from CLT to ATL, DTW, and MSP, each of which have int'l ops.

this is the rationalization of airline networks that happen as a part of consolidation. For CLT, it is a net reduction in total int'l seats including connectivity to other carrier int'l hubs.

and I would bet that DL will redeploy those JFK slots and aircraft for some other use.

it's more notable that AA is pulling down a number of ORD and DFW mainline routes even if for March. Easter 2015 is two weeks early than a year ago and within the first third of the time period in which it can fall. Cuts in March with an early Easter seem unusual.

WorldTraveler said:
not sure the connection to MEM but AA and US are both cutting a lot of flights in March including reducing major markets like ORD-SFO to just 5X/day. and there are a bunch of S. America reductions as well.
Looks like AA only has 6x in ORD-SFO to begin with... what's the big deal?

Post the reductions in the AA thread and start a new topic (something 700UW should have done instead of thread-drifting/necroposting)

Reactions: 2 people
either though do and DL decided they can deal with the market for what it is or Venezuela is selling DL oil for its refinery in exchange for more service.

maybe we'll find out in time.

WorldTraveler said:
either though do and DL decided they can deal with the market for what it is or Venezuela is selling DL oil for its refinery in exchange for more service.

maybe we'll find out in time.

OMG!
You need some serious help.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm afraid I don't archive 99% of what I read.

Venezuela was in a world of hurt before and it is only going to get worse. Oil closed today at $63/bbl.

I have no idea what DL is up to even if those reports are true but for some reason, DL decided to upgrade its CCS service after just saying in the last earnings call that CCS and EZE were half of the reason for its weakness in Latin America. AA's RASM in Latin America declined more than twice as much as DL's... they didn't say why but did acknowledge they have over $700M in revenue tied up in Venezuela.

feel free to tell me what has changed for anyone in Venezuela - or if DL simply decided it needed to offer more service in order to be competitive - and was willing to eat the losses regardless (doesn't sound like what DL does these days).

If DL could buy oil in VEB's, it would be a good way to expatriate some money.

The refinery is set up for Bakken, so it should be able to handle Venezuelan as well from what I understand (they're more similar in heaviness than Saudi or WTI).

Reactions: 1 person
WorldTraveler said:
I'm afraid I don't archive 99% of what I read.

Venezuela was in a world of hurt before and it is only going to get worse. Oil closed today at $63/bbl.

I have no idea what DL is up to even if those reports are true but for some reason, DL decided to upgrade its CCS service after just saying in the last earnings call that CCS and EZE were half of the reason for its weakness in Latin America. AA's RASM in Latin America declined more than twice as much as DL's... they didn't say why but did acknowledge they have over $700M in revenue tied up in Venezuela.

feel free to tell me what has changed for anyone in Venezuela - or if DL simply decided it needed to offer more service in order to be competitive - and was willing to eat the losses regardless (doesn't sound like what DL does these days).
can't find anything on google on it...... 

Status
Not open for further replies.