Do I Need e-Ticket Print Out Checking In?

Disney8704

Aug 5, 2010
I will be flying from PA to AK and was wondering if I NEED the e-ticket conformation printed out in order to check in at the airport and get the boarding pass? Or can I just go to the check-in/ticket counter and show my ID and the conformation number on a piece of paper or show the conformation to the ticket counter person on my iPhone and get my boarding pass that way. Thanks in advance.

I will be flying from PA to AK and was wondering if I NEED the e-ticket conformation printed out in order to check in at the airport and get the boarding pass? Or can I just go to the check-in/ticket counter and show my ID and the conformation number on a piece of paper or show the conformation to the ticket counter person on my iPhone and get my boarding pass that way. Thanks in advance.

Take your confirmation number and punch it in the kiosk.

Or check in online and print a boarding pass if you aren't checking a bag. You can go bypass the Ticket Counter and go straight to security that way.

Im flying out of a smaller airport (state college) and connecting through Philly, PA. So I dont no if they have the kiosks there or not. And where I will be at, theres no printer.

Take your confirmation number and punch it in the kiosk.

Or check in online and print a boarding pass if you aren't checking a bag. You can go bypass the Ticket Counter and go straight to security that way.

Im flying out of a smaller airport (state college) and connecting through Philly, PA. So I dont no if they have the kiosks there or not. And where I will be at, theres no printer.
Check-in that way, if no luggage. On the way back, if you have a computer connection check-in, the just get a copy at the kiosk. That will get you a seat guaranteed!

You do not need a copy printed out, although it is good to have a copy just in case anything happens, but if you have it on your phone you dont need a paper copy.
There are several ways to check in.
1) Home computer. You dont need a printer, you'll still get checked in and can get a reprint of your boarding pass at the airport from either the kiosk or agent. This way you are checked in. If you have a printer, you can print it and go right to the gate without stopping at the counter.
2) Use your confirmation code or bar code (from phone or printout) at a kiosk. You can also use a credit card, atm card, AAA card or any other card with a mag stripe with your name on it (not all kinds of mag stripes work though), your name or a frequent flyer number if its in the record already.
3) If no kiosk, see an agent. This should be the last method of checkin since you might have to wait depending on what else they're doing and if you arent checking bags, there really is no need to speak to anyone at the counter.

OK great this is exactly what I needed to know. Thanks for all the replies everyone.
You do not need a copy printed out, although it is good to have a copy just in case anything happens, but if you have it on your phone you dont need a paper copy.
There are several ways to check in.
1) Home computer. You dont need a printer, you'll still get checked in and can get a reprint of your boarding pass at the airport from either the kiosk or agent. This way you are checked in. If you have a printer, you can print it and go right to the gate without stopping at the counter.
2) Use your confirmation code or bar code (from phone or printout) at a kiosk. You can also use a credit card, atm card, AAA card or any other card with a mag stripe with your name on it (not all kinds of mag stripes work though), your name or a frequent flyer number if its in the record already.
3) If no kiosk, see an agent. This should be the last method of checkin since you might have to wait depending on what else they're doing and if you arent checking bags, there really is no need to speak to anyone at the counter.