Dougs Response To E-mails Regarding The

barbeetantrums said:
That's just the way he talks. He's usually in speech mode.
[post="284360"][/post]​
This is true, he does not cut and paste his emails when he responds to his employees that have concerns.

Some of you make me sick knowing that you have nothing but dismal thoughts for the new U. I hope your not coming along with attitudes like that. For the ppl that are hopeful, welcome with open arms.

Sh*t or get off the pot. Stop complaining and move on. One person in a VP role does not ruin an airline and if you think so, then an ant has a bigger brain.

Apparantly you dont work for US.

Crellin has destroyed the operation of this airline, go ask the thousands of passengers who traveled on US during X-mas.

700UW said:

Crellin has destroyed the operation of this airline, go ask the thousands of passengers who traveled on US during X-mas.
[post="284470"][/post]​

Al has not done nothing in PHL since Christmas except for lay down excuses and blame on labor for the meltdown. (we never got an apology and didnt expect it) If the public thinks last year was bad the forecast for this season will be worse the ramp has less baggage carts and tugs and huffs. If the belt system goes down any time in the future its going to be hell on the customers and the employees.

What the F was HP mgt thinking keeping AL as a VP of operations

USA320Pilot said:
Pitguy:

Your professional comments add a lot to the forum too...

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="284422"][/post]​

Thank you! I honestly hope you do not lose your job through this merger. It would be a shame after all you have done, but if you do I know you will be able to find a good job with one of the carriers from a small country and be just as happy.

;)

osunut said:
This is true, he does not cut and paste his emails when he responds to his employees that have concerns.

Some of you make me sick knowing that you have nothing but dismal thoughts for the new U. I hope your not coming along with attitudes like that. For the ppl that are hopeful, welcome with open arms.

Sh*t or get off the pot. Stop complaining and move on. One person in a VP role does not ruin an airline and if you think so, then an ant has a bigger brain.
[post="284465"][/post]​

osunut,

True, one VP does not ruin an airline. Here is the bottom line from some of the folks. Why take a bad egg and put it in the basket with all the good eggs. This merger will need all the good eggs it can find and why start with with a rotten one?

It would be like needing a liver transplant and getting a 60 year old alcoholic's liver. We want the clean one with low miles.

My bet is that they need a fall guy post merger and well I am sure you can figure it out.

700UW said:

[post="284470"][/post]​

I don't work for USAirways (not yet at least), but it doesn't require one to work for the present USAirways to recognize a worm when it surfaces. This Al Crellin guy sounds like a real piece of garbage. I will take the word of the front line employees as gospel every time.

Hopefully he won't be long with the merged carrier.

Regards,
N908AW

Speculation only.... but remember that certain VP levels are listed on the US operating certificate as key personnel. The FAA tends to look down on having too many of those names change within a short timeframe.

My guess is that Al's name is on the cert, and keeping him around thru the merger is simply to keep the FAA happy for the short term.

osunut said:

[post="284465"][/post]​

osunut,

Sir, if Mr. Parker had taken ANYONE else from U other than Crellin, there would not have been the hue and cry.

We have seen two decent airlines merged into a total fiasco, that has cost thousands their jobs and pensions. We do NOT want to see that happen to HP/US - we want it to work.

The common denominator thoughout the fiasco has been Crellin - no one else has been in a position of responsibility throughout the past 15 years. Not Schofield. Not Colodny. Not Wolf. Not Siegel.

Certainly, Crellin did not authorize every stupid idea that CCY came up with. But he had the operational background and institutional memory, and you see the results.

Why not hold the man accountable for what he has done? He certainly has had no problem holding his subordinates to a standard he himself does not meet.

Mr. Parker missed an excellent opportunity to create some major goodwill among the troops.

osunut said:

[post="284465"][/post]​

With all due respect, you HAVE NOT been through what we have been through with this company and ESPECIALLY this man! If you had, you wouldn't be so dismissing of our concerns, anger, and attitude towards him.

It's sort of like the battered wife syndrome. It is going to be very difficult for us to trust and forget what has been done to us.

I am sorry if you think we should just lick our wounds or go away. It is not that simple.

I want you to remember this conversation and report back in a year of two from now and see if you then know where we are coming from.

Rather than beating up the "battered wife" more, you should try and understand what she has been through and help her.

It is YOUR Mr. Rodgers attitude that WE can do without. Don't fool yourself. It won't be all rosey.

I would swear that I heard this same message:

"Finally, I would ask each of you to give us a chance. I understand that US
Airways has been through a lot and that there is resentment and anger toward
some events of the past. For us to succeed though, we are going to have to
spend much more of our energy looking forward and focusing our anger on the
competition instead of ourselves. I realize that you don't know me yet and
that I'll need to earn your trust along with that of all the US Airways'
team. I'm up for that, but I'd ask you to please not rush to judgment
before we even get started."

from a Seagull, or was it a Wolf. The only thing you can count on from these greedy people is reduced wages, reduced benefits, and/or no job at all. What a package! I only wish they would get the same! But unlike the front line, they are rewarded for POOR performance!

bookmdano said:
I would swear that I heard this same message:

"Finally, I would ask each of you to give us a chance. I understand that US
Airways has been through a lot and that there is resentment and anger toward
some events of the past. For us to succeed though, we are going to have to
spend much more of our energy looking forward and focusing our anger on the
competition instead of ourselves. I realize that you don't know me yet and
that I'll need to earn your trust along with that of all the US Airways'
team. I'm up for that, but I'd ask you to please not rush to judgment
before we even get started."

from a Seagull, or was it a Wolf. The only thing you can count on from these greedy people is reduced wages, reduced benefits, and/or no job at all. What a package! I only wish they would get the same! But unlike the front line, they are rewarded for POOR performance!
[post="284668"][/post]​
let's just give parker the benefit of the doubt ok guys. he sounds sincere. we will just have to see. what else do you want him to say? i am still a little concerned that crellin is on board ,but the majority rules. i think parker is hearing us and he will put crellin on a tight leash. i don't think his job is coming that easy. we will see how long crellin lasts as vp of ops if s##t starts hitting the fan.

Latest posts