Dougs Response To E-mails Regarding The

RowUnderDCA said:
I suspect that at least portions of that letter must have been prepared PRIOR to the announcement. That's a lot of carefully crafted verbiage that is sensitive, personally and culturally and maybe even legally. I wonder if he and Mr. Crellin had already talked about the likely response before the announcement. Or maybe Mr. Parker is just that sharp and forthright. If he penned this response off the top of his head, I'm sure he drives his staff crazy.
[post="284313"][/post]​
this was not a letter that was thought out. it was an e-mail response. apperntly four people e-mailed him about the appointment of al and he decided to respond to all four of us instead of each of us which is more efficient for him to do. i got the response about an hour after i wrote to him. so i don't think it was prepared. i think he meant it. its like i said any new person wether good or bad could come to this company and people will shoot them down. give the guy a freakin chance. let him do his job before judging him .

USA320Pilot said:
I believe some of US Airways' management team did not want to move to Tempe and other's want run their own airline, e.g. Bruce Ashby and Ben Baldanza.

In regard to operations, it's possible that Jeff McClelland's health played a part in the new company naming Al Crellin to succeed Jeff. Jeff will have an Executive VP position, but not the day-to-day 24 in 7 responsibility like he has today.

AmWest executive battles cancer on the job

Complete Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="284361"][/post]​
wow . god bless him . i wish him well.

etops1 said:
its like i said any new person wether good or bad could come to this company and people will shoot them down. give the guy a freakin chance. let him do his job before judging him .
[post="284362"][/post]​

You won't get much of that on this board. :down:

USA320Pilot said:
ETOPS1:

I agree -- we need to give our new CEO the benefit of the doubt.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="284363"][/post]​

Rather then you needing to give (your) new CEO the benefit of the doubt, why don't you go apply at FedEx where you don't need people skills for the freight.

hp_fa said:
Rather then you needing to give (your) new CEO the benefit of the doubt, why don't you go apply at FedEx where you don't need people skills for the freight.
[post="284389"][/post]​
I like to see you average 17 stops an hour and find a productivity report in your mailbox every day. JR

I am definitly puzzled by the appointment of MPA to the new company as everyone else is. The only reason I can think of retaining MPA versus anyone else from HP is strictly due to the operating environment US operates in. What type of experience does anyone at HP have in operating major operations in airports such as PHL, LGA, DCA, BOS, etc. HP's operations are very limited in these airports while US's operations are quite large. You need to retain some "talent" with experience in operating in this arena. While I am not sure MPA is the right person for the job, Mr. Parker obvioiusly feels that he is. Time will tell........

Sorry ....but the words that come to my mind are...

Deceitful
Intimidating
Disingenuous
Demoralizing
Uneducated

I can't think of one good reason not to show Mr. C the door. I know the blames not all his, but he was and is in charge of operations. The hope most had of a new beginning is fading.

USA320Pilot said: “I believe some of US Airways' management team did not want to move to Tempe and other's want to run their own airline, e.g. Bruce Ashby and Ben Baldanza.â€￾

HP_FA said: “Rather then you needing to give (your) new CEO the benefit of the doubt, why don't you go apply at FedEx where you don't need people skills for the freight.â€￾

USA320Pilot comments: HP_FA, thanks for your professional comment and contribution. You add a lot of substance to the discussion.

PineyBob said: ‘Oh that's rich! Bruce doesn't want to move to Tempe, so he ends up with a job for a carrier based in India. Pretty far from the east coast don't you think? Wonder if he finds Indian women attractive?â€￾

USA320Pilot comments: PineyBob, who said Bruce Ashby did not want to go to Tempe? I believe he wanted to run his own airline and there was not a domestic opportunity currently available. Ashby is very bright and has an excellent understanding of the industry. Why don’t you ask PitBull about her opinion of Ashby?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

barbeetantrums said:
That's just the way he talks. He's usually in speech mode.
[post="284360"][/post]​

I have heard Mr. Parker speak in several different forums and he comes across as speaking his mind. You should also remember that he has to report to the SEC on every statement made regarding the merger. It seems to make sense that he would retain someone from the Airways side to at least infer some sense of "getalongability". Whether Al is the man remains to be seen. I have the sense that Parker knows what to expect and will make a change if results are not what is anticipated. He after all is a bottom line money man.

-Stik-

Latest posts