Dougs Response To E-mails Regarding The

Why did a Comair executive resign in shame when they had a X-Mas meltdown and not one US executive or manager was shown the door?

Crellin is a failure, yet he retains his job.

Something smells rotten in Denmark to me.

And another thing Lakefield Vice Chairman?

Why, to drain more money out of this company?

700UW said:
Why did a Comair executive resign in shame when they had a X-Mas meltdown and not one US executive or manager was shown the door?

[post="284671"][/post]​
i don't think lakefield will have say i whats going on in the day to day ops with the new company. i think its just a title given to him to just well, give to him. he won't be around a long time. i don't think.

etops1 said:
i don't think lakefield will have say i whats going on in the day to day ops with the new company. i think its just a title given to him to just well, give to him. he won't be around a long time. i don't think.
[post="284701"][/post]​

I agree. The Vice-Chair title is to keep the money guys from getting real antsy during the transition.

After having time to consider the Crellin appointment, it still does not make sense. It will be very interesting to watch if operations do not improve.

I for one have nothing against Parker.
This thread really isn't abouit him or trusting him.
I am all for giving him a chance, but he already made one grave mistake in gaining our confidence in the "New US Airways" by keeping Crelin.
If you want to change the Corporate culture.....you need to change ALL of the Senior level management from the US side.

diogenes said:
osunut,

Sir, if Mr. Parker had taken ANYONE else from U other than Crellin, there would not have been the hue and cry.

Mr. Parker missed an excellent opportunity to create some major goodwill among the troops.
[post="284634"][/post]​

Perhaps, and it's just a thought, but what if there is another fiasco this holiday season. Who would serve to the public and the employees as a better sacrifical lamb than Al-"the ax"-Crelin? Perhaps Parker is thinking far ahead of us all?

I no longer work for U and my visits to this board are decreasing rapidly. However, it is apparent that the same ones still do 95% of the posting and their attitudes have not budged positive or negative. It just goes to show you that you can change appearances easily, but changing inside is a different matter all together. Good luck to all my friends at U and the ones from AWA as well!!

ps, If this saga does not end up in someone's PHD or Masters Thesis/Dissertation (sp), it would be a real shame. What more could a B-Shcool grad want? Intrigue, Huge sums of money, Employee isues, Oil issues. This is better than a movie plot from Hollywood!

Oliver Twist said:
ps, If this saga does not end up in someone's PHD or Masters Thesis/Dissertation (sp), it would be a real shame. What more could a B-Shcool grad want? Intrigue, Huge sums of money, Employee isues, Oil issues. This is better than a movie plot from Hollywood!

Actually Philadelphia made a great 30 page thesis for my MBA operations management class this semester. The professor's first question in the presentation: "Have they done anything RIGHT at Philadelphia?"
We said aside from some of the rolling hub improvements, and the efforts of some front liners, no.

Twicebaked said:
I for one have nothing against Parker.
This thread really isn't abouit him or trusting him.
I am all for giving him a chance, but he already made one grave mistake in gaining our confidence in the "New US Airways" by keeping Crelin.
If you want to change the Corporate culture.....you need to change ALL of the Senior level management from the US side.
[post="284713"][/post]​
Amen, A change in the corporate culture better happen pretty darn fast if this merged airline has any chance to succeed. Its amazing how the foreman in the maintenance dept talk to people on the floor, if roles were reversed the employee would be walked out the door! I will believe in a new culture here when I see it! I am not holding my breath! However I am willing to give Parker a chance. We will see!

JAXPax said:
Actually Philadelphia made a great 30 page thesis for my MBA operations management class this semester. The professor's first question in the presentation: "Have they done anything RIGHT at Philadelphia?"
We said aside from some of the rolling hub improvements, and the efforts of some front liners, no.
[post="284897"][/post]​

Do I hear Hollywood or a reality TV writer heading towards PHL/CCY?

I should have known that there would have already been something written by a Biz student on U's troubles, what better place to learn from?

700UW said:

[post="284671"][/post]​

Hey 700 seems like Usairways mirrors the Bush administration..
to paraphrase Jon Stewart..
Ex Cia Mr slam dunk Tenet got a big medal
Ms Rice after ignoring PB Bin Ladin intend on attacking USA gets promoted to Secretary of State.
Lets not talk about Secretary of Defense or VP Cheney incompentensy and they still around.
:shock:

diogenes said:
osunut,

Sir, if Mr. Parker had taken ANYONE else from U other than Crellin, there would not have been the hue and cry.

We have seen two decent airlines merged into a total fiasco, that has cost thousands their jobs and pensions. We do NOT want to see that happen to HP/US - we want it to work.

The common denominator thoughout the fiasco has been Crellin - no one else has been in a position of responsibility throughout the past 15 years. Not Schofield. Not Colodny. Not Wolf. Not Siegel.

Certainly, Crellin did not authorize every stupid idea that CCY came up with. But he had the operational background and institutional memory, and you see the results.

[post="284634"][/post]​
How much more comfortable would you have been if AWA had come, chest puffed out and said, "We know all there is to know, now all of you hit the road!"? No one knows how long Crellin will stay, but at least someone (maybe Parker or MacClellan) can keep asking him, "Didn't you guys make that same mistake before?" Someone in upper management has to have institutional memory without the nostalgia. After a few years when the operation is homogenized, then the need for such a person will diminish.

luvn737s said:
How much more comfortable would you have been if AWA had come, chest puffed out and said, "We know all there is to know, now all of you hit the road!"?
[post="284980"][/post]​
Guess you never heard of mirror image that US Air FORCED upon PSA and Piedmont?

We all have been through that type or merger, those of us who go back to 1989.

luvn737s said:
How much more comfortable would you have been if AWA had come, chest puffed out and said, "We know all there is to know, now all of you hit the road!"? No one knows how long Crellin will stay, but at least someone (maybe Parker or MacClellan) can keep asking him, "Didn't you guys make that same mistake before?" Someone in upper management has to have institutional memory without the nostalgia. After a few years when the operation is homogenized, then the need for such a person will diminish.
[post="284980"][/post]​

Mr. Parker doesn't need Al for that - he can read this board! ;)

Moreover, you are assuming the answer would be in the company's interests, rather than self-serving.

Perhaps the best insight into this is the answer to this question.

Who has reason to be nostalgic over the the past 15 years at U?

Certainly not the shareholders - they have been stiffed twice.

Nor the vendors - see above.

Most definitely not the employees.

Not the passengers - how much better off would they have been had there been a profitable (as most other airlines were) and well managed airline to see to their comfort and timely arrivals?

NO, the only folks nostalgic about U's past 15 years are those who looted the joint.

I certainly hope HP isn't arrogant - U employees, stockholders, vendors and passengers have had enough of that, already.