Recalls and Irresponsibility

rod62

Dec 1, 2010
In an LEC e-line on March 1, US Airways PHL Local Council 70 President, John McCorkle, suggested that the vote earlier in the day to send out recall ballots for the PHL officers, when the officers only have four months left in their term, is an irresponsible waste of membership dues. What he didn't say is that the ballots are the result of the second recall petition filed with AFA International in as many months. What he didn't say is that he acted in concert with Alin Boswell, Council 41 Pres., Ann Crowley, Council 89 PAST Pres., Mike Flores, (East) MEC Pres. and Kevin Creighan, AFA Intl. Secy/Treas to violate the AFA Constitution & Bylaws and prevent special meetings to discuss the recall of all three LEC Presidents from being held in December. What he didn't say is that the PHL officers also have the option to resign, which, done before they were printed, would have also saved the PHL budget an estimated $8-9,000.00 to mail out ballots.

My opinion--The e-line is just the latest in a five year history of placing his personal interest above the welfare of the flight attendant group. There are three parts to an LEC President's job, local, system and international. At best John has only performed well on a local level. In negotiations, what comes next for the local level is dependent on the job done system-wide. Now is already way beyond late to replace him with someone who is willing and able to be actively involved in completing a joint contract.

Speaking of Responsible, it would be responsible for John to explain why the PHL budget is already tens of thousands of dollars over budget and how much more he is looking to take with him when he leaves, in unused vacation pay or any other 'reimbursement'.

The officers being recalled and not willing to step down is a clear indication of their attitude. Not only did 190ish vote to recall at the meeting, there were a few hundred proxies signed that never were counted as there weren't enough f/a's there to carry them and vote on their behalf. If they cared they would "protect" the members and their dues money. Especially with John sinking the budget by more than 20k.

The officers being recalled and not willing to step down is a clear indication of their attitude. Not only did 190ish vote to recall at the meeting, there were a few hundred proxies signed that never were counted as there weren't enough f/a's there to carry them and vote on their behalf. If they cared they would "protect" the members and their dues money. Especially with John sinking the budget by more than 20k.

Do you know why the budget is in the hole?

In an LEC e-line on March 1, US Airways PHL Local Council 70 President, John McCorkle, suggested that the vote earlier in the day to send out recall ballots for the PHL officers, when the officers only have four months left in their term, is an irresponsible waste of membership dues. What he didn't say is that the ballots are the result of the second recall petition filed with AFA International in as many months. What he didn't say is that he acted in concert with Alin Boswell, Council 41 Pres., Ann Crowley, Council 89 PAST Pres., Mike Flores, (East) MEC Pres. and Kevin Creighan, AFA Intl. Secy/Treas to violate the AFA Constitution & Bylaws and prevent special meetings to discuss the recall of all three LEC Presidents from being held in December. What he didn't say is that the PHL officers also have the option to resign, which, done before they were printed, would have also saved the PHL budget an estimated $8-9,000.00 to mail out ballots.

My opinion--The e-line is just the latest in a five year history of placing his personal interest above the welfare of the flight attendant group. There are three parts to an LEC President's job, local, system and international. At best John has only performed well on a local level. In negotiations, what comes next for the local level is dependent on the job done system-wide. Now is already way beyond late to replace him with someone who is willing and able to be actively involved in completing a joint contract.

Speaking of Responsible, it would be responsible for John to explain why the PHL budget is already tens of thousands of dollars over budget and how much more he is looking to take with him when he leaves, in unused vacation pay or any other 'reimbursement'.

And we are Still beating the Dead Horse!!

PHLfa88 why do you bother? Is that all you contribute on the matter? How about this....why don't you explain why you think they are doing a great job. I can't wait to hear this one. Oh and nice to see you WEREN'T at the meeting to support them. Too wittle too wate. :lol:

Reactions: 1 person
PHLfa88 why do you bother? Is that all you contribute on the matter? How about this....why don't you explain why you think they are doing a great job. I can't wait to hear this one. Oh and nice to see you WEREN'T at the meeting to support them. Too wittle too wate. :lol:

I will say this once and once only..I had planned on attending the Meeting but you see..My mother has the begning of Alzimers, so I thought it was more important to be with her!

Okay...for once I actually agree with PHLfa88....you are beating a dead horse. Everyone in good standing has received their ballot in the mail and through that the membership will speak. Let's just see what the results are. BTW, since you are so in the know can you tell me how Rod Norwood did on his boycott of the Day of Action ? I heard he was the only one that showed up.

Although, much less so than the pilots thread.

People tend to get even with themselves

I wish you well.

Well you got me there with the pilots!

You know I tend to agree with you regarding "Getting Even". None of us is perfect and I let them get under my skin.

I wish me well too, my life lately hasn't been all hats and horns