EAST saves West's BUTT today!

SSRinPHX

Nov 8, 2005
PHX
Visit site
So, West has WAAAAY too many planes out of service right now. I was trying to figure out a PHL flight out of my zone today and it took me a few minutes to realize that it wasn't one of ours...sure enough it's an East plane and crew working the flight. WOOHOO! Apparently there are a few planes and crews working the West side of things today. It may be controversial in the long run but frankly, as someone who deals with pax at the gate I have one thing to say...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS EAST! :up:

all i know was yesterday was absolutely nuts in phx and if there is some relief for the agents and customers then thank you thank you!!!!!!!!! can't get anywhere from phx to the east/north/midwest...but heck, if you want to go to lax or sna it's no trouble. :) for oma flights yesterday we were offering $400 fta's and a flight on the 23rd...two day wait. i'm off the next few days so for those going through it still...best wishes and keep smiling!

So, West has WAAAAY too many planes out of service right now. I was trying to figure out a PHL flight out of my zone today and it took me a few minutes to realize that it wasn't one of ours...sure enough it's an East plane and crew working the flight.

Gossip has it that AFA Council 66 (PHX) has already filed a scope grievance... :shock:

AWA's early departure from TPA to PHX was over three hours late today due to maintenance in LAS. AWA ferried a flight in anad it was 649AW! Brand new A320 in new paint. Looked great and smelled like a new Benz with the leather seats.

B)

Gossip has it that AFA Council 66 (PHX) has already filed a scope grievance... :shock:

That's a joke right? In the event of an aircraft/crew shortage, the right thing was done by substituting a US aircraft/crew. Since the crews can't cross fleets yet, it was only natural for an East crew to work the flight.

If the AFA is more concerned about who works the flight than whether or not they stranded passengers, then something's wrong.

Happy Holidays to ALL!

AWA flights were cancelled....US flew extra sections. US crew, US a/c. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

http://www.unionvoice.org/amer_west/notice...tter_id=1536971
"...This morning AFA was informed by line flight attendants that their flight was being operated by US Airways East Crew and plane. No prior notification was given to AFA by the Company. Late this afternoon AFA filed Grievance 24-66-2-63-05 Scope and Recognition under the expedited language of our contract.
The Company it seems has decided that if an AWA flight is on a mechanical that it is now acceptable for them to take a published AWA Flight and AWA Flight Attendant pairing and place a US Airways East plane and crew on it. Our Scope and Recognition provision in Section 1 of our current agreement clearly provides that..."all flying covered by this agreement shall be performed by flight attendants whose names appear on the America West Airlines,Inc Flight Attendant System Seniority List." In an expedited hearing the Company must strike for an arbitrator and have the dispute heard within 30 days following the System Board filling (subject to the availability of the arbitrator). The case shall be decided no later than 30 days following the submission to the Board. MEC..."

http://www.unionvoice.org/amer_west/notice...tter_id=1536971
"...This morning AFA was informed by line flight attendants that their flight was being operated by US Airways East Crew and plane. No prior notification was given to AFA by the Company. Late this afternoon AFA filed Grievance 24-66-2-63-05 Scope and Recognition under the expedited language of our contract.
The Company it seems has decided that if an AWA flight is on a mechanical that it is now acceptable for them to take a published AWA Flight and AWA Flight Attendant pairing and place a US Airways East plane and crew on it. Our Scope and Recognition provision in Section 1 of our current agreement clearly provides that..."all flying covered by this agreement shall be performed by flight attendants whose names appear on the America West Airlines,Inc Flight Attendant System Seniority List." In an expedited hearing the Company must strike for an arbitrator and have the dispute heard within 30 days following the System Board filling (subject to the availability of the arbitrator). The case shall be decided no later than 30 days following the submission to the Board. MEC..."

BBBBBB
B B
B B
B B
BBBBBBB
B B
B B
B B
BBBBBBB uild a bridge and get over it !!!!

I know I will be lynched for this but here is my viewpoint:

A plane broke in PHX so a US (east, to be politically correct) plane was used as a substitute. US (east) crews were used to fly this route. Well, they flew this route and were paid to fly this route. Meanwhile, HP crews went nowhere and, thusly, were not paid as they were not flying. Because the aircraft was broken and there were no spares, flight crews were not able to fly and make money which they need to feed themselves and pay rent or mortgage. It is not the fault of the HP crews that the aircraft was broken and there were no spares. This is a SCOPE violation and the crews should be paid for missed time. This is cut and dry and as clear as the nose on your face. -_-

So let me get this straight rather than allow passengers to actually make it to their destination on time and without hassle the union would rather they wait and be reaccomed on another airline :down: . Fast forward to eventual future and they could not make a case. We are merged maybe not in certificate but everyone knows its a formality. Accept it or quit. Note that the flight attendants are the first ones to squeal and not the pilots.

That's a joke right? In the event of an aircraft/crew shortage, the right thing was done by substituting a US aircraft/crew. Since the crews can't cross fleets yet, it was only natural for an East crew to work the flight.

If the AFA is more concerned about who works the flight than whether or not they stranded passengers, then something's wrong.

Happy Holidays to ALL!
How you doing Art,

I agree with you, the right thing was done.

However, the company did bust contract language to get it done. And should pay the grievance..

In the immortal words of one of our [many] past CEO's, [Lakefield]," Who, me? Take a pay cut ?? What I make is just a pimple !" :lol:

Moral of the story, The company can afford to pay the grievance..

Latest posts