EAST saves West's BUTT today!

You still have to make the company adhere to the CBAs, if you don't they will take advantage of them as much as they can.

The bottom line it is a legal and binding contract and they must follow it, like it or not.

Exactamundo. Thank you.
actpic8.jpg

What scope was violated? US east crews, flew US East metal as extra scetions, not US West flight numbers.

MESA (E-190) flies CLT-HSV and cancels a flight. Mainline steps in with an extra section to cover the flight. Is it a violation of scope?

If Mainline flies CLT-MCO and cancels a flight. Trans States steps in with a 50 seat RJ extra section to replace the flight, is it a violation of scope?

UAL cancels a PHL-ORD flight and we run an extra section because we know the revenue is there for the picking. Is that a violation of scope?

Please tell me exactly what scope clause the company violated.

What ticket stock were the passengers tickets on?

Bet it was HP, not US.

Customers would have been re-ticketed to the US flight number as it was protection for the canceled flights. Even if US East accepted the HP tickets, it is no different then what we would do if a customer off of a canceled AA PIT-ORD flight came to our gate. We would accept the ticket on our flight.

When a flight cancels one airline puts them on another airline's SCHEDULED flight, the US/East metal was not a scheduled flight, it was an extra section to make up a cancelled US/West flight.

Big difference.

If it was a US flight, with US crew, and US planes.. what is the issue??

Now if it were an HP flight, with a US crew and plane I can understand the grievance.

If its about flight crew pay, then renegotiate your contract to include cancelled trip pay. But don't blame USAir East for adding flights to help out our sisters in the West. I know I wouldn't complain if HP subbed one of our flights in the East... I'd probably be kissing each and every one of them & thanking them for getting me home!

When a flight cancels one airline puts them on another airline's SCHEDULED flight, the US/East metal was not a scheduled flight, it was an extra section to make up a cancelled US/West flight.

Big difference.

Nope. When there is an extra section out there, anyone can book on it. Just because it has a 9000 series flight number doesn't mean that it is an inhouse flight number. Dont' believe me, check for flight 9020-9024 Dec 26, 27. We are running extra sections to Caribbean destinations to enhance revenue utilizing spare airplanes. Any airline can book on a 9000 series flight number.

they already had this planned out.. certain areas in phx knew this was going to happen yesterday........................

Planned or unplanned.....where is the violation of scope? Again, we have planned extra sections on Dec 26, 27 and Jan 2, 3. Are those scope violations? Extra sections are allowed in the contract. There are no stipulations on routes that they can fly.

An extra section for US/East FAs on US/East Metal, not an extra section to make up a cancelled US/West flight.

Big difference.
[/quote]

No, to you, me, that PAX almost everyone involved it is not a "big difference"! Only to the few union rable rousers is it a big deal! This along with many, many other reasons is why union membership is at an all time low. Unions today lack leadership in a major way! They do what is inherently bad for themselves and thier members all becuase of pettyness and small mindedness and a complete lack or understanding and realism. I could run a union better than 99% of them becuase of one thing only! I would set real expectations! All this heated rhetoric is just counter productive! Doesn't the AWA FA's have some bigger issues to worry about rather than does an irregular ops break the contract?

Planned or unplanned.....where is the violation of scope? Again, we have planned extra sections on Dec 26, 27 and Jan 2, 3. Are those scope violations? Extra sections are allowed in the contract. There are no stipulations on routes that they can fly.

B. SCOPE
This Agreement covers all revenue and all known and recurring miscellaneous flying
performed by the Company with <<<Pilots>>> on its payroll. All flying covered by this
Agreement shall be performed by <<<Pilots>>> whose names appear on the <<<America West>>>
Airlines, Inc. Pilot's System Seniority List.

These flights no matter what you call them whould be considered "known /revenue flights" and thus scope was violated because te were not performed by AWA pilots.

There is no stipulation any where that dictates when and where you can run extra sections. We have upgraded equipment and run extra sections to help move revenue in all sorts of situations, including adding extra sections when there is a job action, extensive airport closure, etc.

We, as an airline, have the ability to run an extra section at any time, to any place as deemed necessary and it is NOT a violation of scope. Once an extra section is built, it becomes a part of the schedule, whether it is built one hour before departure, or several months before and can be sold by any airline.

Don't knock the F/A's...I don't blame them for wanting to paid for their missed flights because we have so many planes OOS. (I think we're down to 6 or 7 now???)
Sheesh...I just thought it was neat that we were able to get all these people to their destinations today rather than screwing up their Christmases and getting them home LATE Christmas Eve or in a LOT of cases, Christmas NIGHT.
We'll be seeing this more and more...it's time we all get used to it. (And to the East gentleman that assisted my poor gate agent on baording that particular 4pm flight to PHL that was supposed to be filght 256...THANK YOU for your help too!!!)

You fail to realize under the CBAs and the FAA HP and US are still two seperate airlines.

A contract violation occured and the company must rectify it and adhered to the CBAs they agreed too.

Bottom line, plain and simple.

You cant take a US/East plane and crew to fly a US/West flight.

Back