EAST and WEST Flight Attendants Working Together

Hey WhatNot...We are not all Bitter. What's up with the Nasty Comment Man !! :down:

Sorry for the comment about "everybody" being jaded and bitter....I guess my point was that the INVOLS have/had a different outlook on things since they have not been around for all of the concessions and cutbacks. We STILL have a few F/A's that are taking all of this way to personal....but for the most part we are all READY to move on and get this ball rolling! I can honestly say that the VFLR's have gotten rid of a lot of the bitter F/A's. The one's that are left are the one's that really want to be here!

Sorry for the comment about "everybody" being jaded and bitter....I guess my point was that the INVOLS have/had a different outlook on things since they have not been around for all of the concessions and cutbacks. We STILL have a few F/A's that are taking all of this way to personal....but for the most part we are all READY to move on and get this ball rolling! I can honestly say that the VFLR's have gotten rid of a lot of the bitter F/A's. The one's that are left are the one's that really want to be here!

I wouldn't say they "haven't been around" for things. Some of them have been furloughed three times, almost all of them were displaced (I know someone who involuntarily hit every base but CLT and BOS through displacements.) They too took paycuts, MAA was almost a ten dollar pay cut and the first MAA folks had to wait six month to even get medical benefits back as five year employees. They worked under a fictional contract worse than most Express airlines while at MAA, then were told thier job was safe with the Republic purchase to keep them working, when really Reoublic instead hired new hires to replace them. Now they are getting furluhed again, and offered a position with America west as a new hire and paying for thier own hotel room, which is unheard of even at the crappiest little airline. I'd say they've been through more than seniors who took a paycut and maybe returned to reserve.

Bringing it back to positive it's just a great group og flight attendants with a great attitude. They are smart because they've been abused, but the MAA pilots and FAs showed a lot of integrity by never taking it out on the customers, which we've all seen at "mainline mainline". Those FAs really want to come back and build this company into something to be proud of. They are not jaded, just ready for positivity. Any airline should be bending over backwards to get these F/As, but instead, US Airways doesn't want them, Republic doesn't want them, and apparently America West doesn't either, or at least thats how it seems.

Its great to see the majhority of West FAs are ready to welcome thier collegues back and work together... I hope something changes to make it a possibility.

Latest posts