Election Results

ok, liveunderarock, excuse me, liveinahotel,can you tell me exactly HOW have come to know that tommie hutto-blake is for giving the twa flight attendants their seniority? did she tell you? did she tell a friend of yours? let's trace this baloney back to its alleged source. she has publically stated time and time again, that she will do NOTHING about the twa seniority. why don't you believe her? how long do you think she'd be in office if she DID do anything about it? it's in the courts, and that's where it will be decided. what makes you think otherwise? please tell us, we'd all love to know. we voted for her because she supports extended recall rights, pure and simple, and because john ward put us on the street with no furlough pay, which has to be a first for any "union."

L1011Ret said:
I have to agree with many of these posts. The TWA vote was not about seniority, it was about getting rid of Ward. He, Ward, got about 28% of the vote. And probably scared a lot of that 28% by using the seniority issue. The seniority issue will not be decided by any elected leader of APFA. It is nonsense to think that an elected leader of APFA could persuade the APFA BOD to change their minds about the SIA. Where is the reality testing in all these fearful fantasies?

The total votes amount to only slightly more than 50% of possible voters. What is the apathy about?
William,
I just wish the TWA F/A's had voted for Steven Ellis. But, it is not their fault ... not when we can't even get 12,000 F/A's to vote. I can't understand this apathy...I just cannot explain it. It is sickening to me.
Terry

I believe many TWAers thought well of Ellis. However, whether rightly or wrongly, he was seen as inexperienced. Just remember that TWAers want to be rid of Ward so vote as a block to get rid of what they despised. I believe the TWAers believe THB was the best shot to get rid of Ward. Seniority issues aside, he is the one who went to AA to use the TWAers furlough pay as part of concessions. And that issue was not even on AA's menu of possible givebacks. Even the Judge in the Injunction hearings was upset about that one. The testifying AA VP labor relations did not seem to like that idea either. Then there was the issue of moving furlough recall rights back to 10 years as I recall. The VP of labor relations said that it would cost about 7 million as I recall. Ward did not show that he had any interest in that issue. He did not indicate any concern for the about to be furloughed AA or TWA F/As whatsoever. Not even a note of empathy for those about to get the axe. A couple of times during all this, the collective TWA F/As in the back of the courtroom gasped at Wards apparant disdain of anything that might be beneficial to the TWA F/As. The Judge silenced them. Though not a F/A but married to one, I sat through all this wondering how a Union leader could be so inhuman. If you think about this, the TWA F/As are as much entitled to representation as any other F/A. It is common knowledge that the TWA F/As are referred to as "those other people" by Ward. Simply put, they are "less than" compared to AA F/As and they are "different." I believe the TWA F/As feel as though Ward is telling "those other people" to go to the back of the bus. I do not believe anyone can remember any efforts by Ward or his BOD to reach out and represent them in any meaningful way or even throw a few carrots their way. So Terry perhaps you can see why they are so willing to block vote to get rid of Ward. I wish you the best in your legal endeavors for a satisfactory conclusion is likely to be beneficial to all.

And I too wonder what happened to 11,000 votes. That seems like a lot of missing votes in an important election.

it was a crap shoot on who the twa'ers would support....THB has stated that she supported unlimited recall.... A lot liked Ellis....but just didnt think he had a shot....but no revote or extended vote this time....that is not beneficial to Ward, THIS time......what the twa'ers wanted was to be rid of Ward, plain and simple. He is arrogant, has total disdain for twa'ers, to the point that he let it
impair his decision making abilities. HE was the one who offered to AMR to give up the furlough pay....it wasn't even on the list of options....HE thought it was one more way to suck up to Carty, and to stick it to the twa'ers all in one fell swoop.
Never mind that it has created a disposable pool of workers, if and when AMR feels the staffing is a bit high....whooosh out goes a bunch or workers at almost no cost to AMR.
Ward is the one who extended the NO vote on the RPA till HE got results he and AMR liked....Ward is one who didn't want extended recall rights....well folks, there are 6000 people on furlough...there are only 3500 twa'ers...you do the math. He managed to stick to the twa'ers AND stick it to AA'ers as well....Yeah, I know...all the senior people at AA have had their trials and tribulations..let the poor junior AA'ers suffer a bit, too....it is good for them...??? Well, now you are working under the RPA that Ward negotiated....happy? do you like those nice 5 hour naps you get at night? happy that you might be next to go without furlough pay? THB might not be any better than Ward, but she can not , I repeat, CAN NOT be as bad for our careers as Ward has shown himself to be.....
Once the courts decide the plight of the twa'ers, which will take YEARS, watch out.
Cuz what has been done to THEM by Ward, will be done to YOU as well....
but don't forget to vote him back into office because he tells you, or one of his cronies tell you, that THB is going to give the TWA'ers back their seniority...what a joke....

Yes, THB giving TWAers their seniority is the biggest joke being foisted on the membership. First, even if elected she doesn't have the power and second she would be recalled or verbally beat up so badly she could'nt function as leader of APFA. The strangest part is how grown adults believe it to be true.

Latest posts

Back