Employee Travel Center Up & Running.

I was able to view my passes, but selected a flight and PBT weren't shown? What do you have to do to view the PBTs? Oh and the passes. Looks like you get 8 guest passes AND 2 vacation passes for a total of 10? Is that right? Or do the 2 vacation passes go against the total of 8?

you guys in phx and las need to give this thing a chance. stop bashing it. it a cool tool to have. just give it a chance . i know it's all new to you guys but it works.

my vaca passes are in there. i have 2
Agreed......there are going to be bugs. I had trouble this morning but res helped :up: and it's fine. It's new and it will take time to figure out. So far, other than the bugs (which are to be expected, right?) and kind of slow, I like it so far.

My vacation passes are there also.

They are aware that the server is running slow and they are working on a fix for it.

I was told by reservations that we have to list our registered guest online now and cannot be done over the phone. I don't know if this is true, but I think it's an inconvenience.

It is about getting non-rev's off the phone lines so that full fare paying customers can get through. The longer you are on the phone with non-rev type questions and problems, the longer an agent is off the phones selling to revenue customers. A minor inconvenience now will help generate additional revenue (hopefully).

This is from the US Daily

EMPLOYEE TRAVEL CENTER - WORKING TO IMPROVE PERFORMANCE
Yesterday, US Airways delivered to all employees the online Employee Travel Center (ETC), which can be accessed via awaCompass or theHub. Complete information was sent regarding the launch to all employees and posted on employee Web sites.

At this time, the ETC is responding slower than expected. The application is operational and continues to be available to all employees; but response times from the ETC are slower than a user would normally expect.

A team of people is working to improve the ETC’s performance. As progress is made, we will continue to update awaCompass and theHub with the latest information.

We appreciate your patience as we fine tune the ETC.

I was able to view my passes, but selected a flight and PBT weren't shown? What do you have to do to view the PBTs? Oh and the passes. Looks like you get 8 guest passes AND 2 vacation passes for a total of 10? Is that right? Or do the 2 vacation passes go against the total of 8?
Eric, the PBT"s are kinda hard to find, but they are there when you see the available flights.

Look for the columns (one under First/Envoy, and one under Coach) that say "AC-AU-SA-NR". Thse stand for capacity, authorization, seats available, and non-revs. There's also a legend at the bottom of the screen.

The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't show the priority of the non-revs, unlike the old AWA system. But we can still access AWA PBT's from Compass to find that information out.

It does seem to work. I made listing for myself & my parents last night, and Shares is showing them. The counts are also updated on Compass correctly.

you guys in phx and las need to give this thing a chance. stop bashing it. it a cool tool to have. just give it a chance . i know it's all new to you guys but it works.

my vaca passes are in there. i have 2
I think it will be a great system, could just be streamlined a little more. Like why do we need to go through 2 separate things to log in (they should take away the separate "travel card" part). And too many steps to do everything. Also, it would be nice to see how many non-revs of each priority are listed for the flight.

But, changes will come in time. It's great to be able to do all this online--and it's a benefit to our passengers as well, since we won't have to tie up the reservations lines.

I had attempted to list my in-laws on HP flights for later in MAY and I entered there names from under guest pass area and when I finished it had a total fare of almost 3500.00(listed for first) so I cancelled it, is that normal?????

Please offer any help you can

thanks

I can't help, but this may be the explanation:

"There are still some enhancements to be made regarding boarding priority and payments for parents and guest travelers (see “Eligible Travelersâ€￾ section below). This travel may still involve a follow-up call to Reservations. We’re working on these, so please bear with us and follow the procedures below until they’re fixed."

"Guest travelers will still have the option to pay for their travel at a ticket counter; but the initial listing must be booked using the ETC. The employee does not need to be present when the guest purchases their pass at the counter since the ETC listing will verify the traveler’s authorization and count the number of passes used by the employee."

Jim

I can't help, but this may be the explanation:

"There are still some enhancements to be made regarding boarding priority and payments for parents and guest travelers (see “Eligible Travelersâ€￾ section below). This travel may still involve a follow-up call to Reservations. We’re working on these, so please bear with us and follow the procedures below until they’re fixed."

"Guest travelers will still have the option to pay for their travel at a ticket counter; but the initial listing must be booked using the ETC. The employee does not need to be present when the guest purchases their pass at the counter since the ETC listing will verify the traveler’s authorization and count the number of passes used by the employee."

Jim

Thanks I will try that again once system is back up and running

Sign in to the ETC and go from there.........that works great. It will even show you who's already checked in.

Good luck!!!
Can you actually tell WHO is checked in, or just the number of people checked in under each priority?

The link on the ETC simply takes you to the "old" AWA check-in page. That always told us how many SA2P's, etc are checked in.

That's one reason why using check-in time is simple--when you check in at home, you know exactly where you stand in line.

I wish they would use the PBT's from Compass instead of using what the east uses. In Compass you could see the # of non-revs as well as their boarding priority.

Also I prefer to see actual capacity versus seats sold which is how Compass did it, as opposed to SA on the east which is based on authorization as opposed to capacity.

I also had heard from east employees that the available seat totals in "The Hub" were not always accurate. Compass was pretty accurate. I hope the ETC is just as accurate.

I wish they would use the PBT's from Compass instead of using what the east uses. In Compass you could see the # of non-revs as well as their boarding priority.

Also I prefer to see actual capacity versus seats sold which is how Compass did it, as opposed to SA on the east which is based on authorization as opposed to capacity.

I also had heard from east employees that the available seat totals in "The Hub" were not always accurate. Compass was pretty accurate. I hope the ETC is just as accurate.
I think the seats avaiable number is based on capacity. If you look at the legend at the bottom, it says something like "SA=actual seats available". Once the ETC is working again, I will look at a few flights and compare it to what's showing in Shares as well as Compass (yes, we can still check HP PBT"s on Compass)

I have a feeling it will be the same. I was able to sign in to the hub last week with my new employee number--the new ETC looks identical.

I think what IT did was take the old site from the hub, and just add the capability to communicate with AWA Shares. That would allow them to give us a product a lot more quickly than writing an entirely new application.

I hope they are working towards a new, more streamlined one.

Yep, it's slow alright, but I am not worried about that. They will get it fixed.

What I am worried about is that non of the buttons show up. When I say buttons, I mean the "select flights" "login" buttons. I can still go over them and click them, if I remember where they are located at, and I can still press enter, but I can't actually see the buttons.

Anybody know how to fix this?

Yep, it's slow alright, but I am not worried about that. They will get it fixed.

What I am worried about is that non of the buttons show up. When I say buttons, I mean the "select flights" "login" buttons. I can still go over them and click them, if I remember where they are located at, and I can still press enter, but I can't actually see the buttons.

Yes, I do. They just haven't loaded yet. Remember the internet in 1988? I'm sure in a day or two it'll be faster.

Unless we're looking at different screens you do get both. Numbers are listed for AC-AU-SA-NR making 4 columns. Do you see it like that?

Once the page is fully loaded the buttons show up. But, if they don't, you can just move the cursor around the general area you think the button is. Once the cursor changes to a "pointing hand", look at the very bottom left of your IE window. It will say which button you are over "java script: submit" or "java script: delete"--something like that.

But--it's better to wait until the page is fully loaded before setting it up to do something else.