ETC Questions

UPNAWAY

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
DALLAS
A few thoughts:
1) I called today to reset my password that is when I discovered they use our badge # and SSN for ID verifiaction.
Don't like that my SSN is out there, dosn't seem necessary.
2) I thought we (AWT) where doing the ETC in house but it is EDS still. They just have some kind of behind the scenes link between the ETC and both Shares and Sabre. That might be why it is so slow and has so many issues.
3) I have seen flights with loads of N/A what does that mean?
4)I liked the seat totals originaly compared to the west way but I ran into an issue today AC holds x seats, authorization is 2x, available is 0. Is that full or Overbooked is there a way to tell the difference (A big one in my opinion). The west listed seats sold and then the non revs you could do your own math and it told you what boarding priority they are. I am a lot less scared of a flight booked to 100% capacity with 20 non revs which only 2 are employees than a flight booked 20 over capacity and 20 non revs who all might be employees. There is less information on the ETC to help make decesions.

They use the first 5 of your SS# to reset the password, then you choose another one the first time you log in.

N/A means something didnt load right. I had this happen yesterday, then asked for the same info again and it came up with the loads.

I ran a test on actual vs authorized on the ETC a couple weeks ago. I believe it came back to actual, not authorized. I will try to play around with it some tomorrow if I can get it to work at work and verify numbers and let you know.

I had something I haven't seen before....

Checking loads for someone, the flight kept giving the bookings as "0" (not N/A, but zero). Checked several different times, both as the 1st leg of a planned connection then as just the single non-stop flight - kept giving the same result. Since this was an A320 flying JFK-PHX, it's hard to believe that no one has bought a ticket.

Any ideas - flight 17 on the 28th?

Jim

Checking loads for someone, the flight kept giving the bookings as "0" (not N/A, but zero). Checked several different times, both as the 1st leg of a planned connection then as just the single non-stop flight - kept giving the same result. Since this was an A320 flying JFK-PHX, it's hard to believe that no one has bought a ticket.

Jim

Hey Jim, Gotta love that ETC... Flight 17 is booked full in First, over by 3 in the back, with one buddy pass traveller listed... hope this helps!

Have had my own issues with that ETC, sure hope it gets better quickly....

At the bottom on the screen it says that it is actual seats available.

Non-rev Listings

ARLINGTON (theHub.com) - With spring and summer travel on the rise, this is a reminder that employees, retirees and furloughees are encouraged to list for non-revenue travel, including companion pass travel, via theHub. This is a great alternative to calling Reservations for companion tickets or "buddy passes."

Click "Non-Rev Listings" under the "Travel" icon to take advantage of online services such as listing for non-revenue travel, checking flight status or confirming non-revenue listings. You can also view travel profiles, including registered companion, term pass members and number of companion passes available for use.

Using the Employee Travel Application (ETA), employees may list themselves and eligible travel pass participants for one-way or round-trip travel on a space available basis in either First Class or Economy Class. The system supplies available flights, aircraft capacity and inventory authorization limits, the number of actual seats available, and the number of non-revenue travelers listed for each flight. The system can be accessed 24 hours a day, and online assistance is available.

In addition, if eligible, employees can list themselves for space positive, company business travel. Employees also may list companion pass travelers for space available travel. In most cases, applicable service charges, fees, taxes, and companion fares can be paid online using a major credit card. Because of the special pricing and ticketing required for companion passes, companion listings must be made separately from term pass listings, whether or not the term pass member is traveling. Gate agents will reconcile the seniority under which the companion pass member travels, if the employee accompanies the companion on the same itinerary.

Jim

Are you sure the 0 wasn't under s/a meaning no actual seats available?

By the way how do you book a sa1 if you will be flying on a east and west connection?

Nope, still shows 12-12-0-0 & 138-147-0-1....but it's still got the non-rev right :up:
Don't know the answer to that, but I'm sure someone will.

Jim

If you are looking at ETC the 0 after 147 means there are no "0" seats available (s/a) for non reving purposes (may have sold the 138 seats only or may be oversold, no way to tell). When looking at Sabre etc. it would show the seats (tickets) sold.

Good grief - you're absolutely right. Didn't someone mention CRS in one of these threads - I came down with a bad case today. May have even moved up to CRAFT......

Everybody gets one of these :stupid: when they're around me tonight

Jim

If you are looking at ETC the 0 after 147 means there are no "0" seats available (s/a) for non reving purposes (may have sold the 138 seats only or may be oversold, no way to tell). When looking at Sabre etc. it would show the seats (tickets) sold.

That is a big issue in my opinion as I had already mentioned big diff between 2 overbooked and 20!

Also while we are at it one more compliant. Once I have selected flights why can I not hav an option to price a Guest Pass? You have to make a fake res just to get a price.

Good grief - you're absolutely right. Didn't someone mention CRS in one of these threads - I came down with a bad case today. May have even moved up to CRAFT......

Everybody gets one of these :stupid: when they're around me tonight

Jim
Maybe I've always read it wrong, but I thought that 12-12-0-0:First Class-12 seats actual/12seats authorized/0 avail/0 nonrevs; & 138-147-0-1 would be 138 actual seats in coach/ the flight is autorized up to 147 seats (which is 9 seats over the actual capacity)/0 means that all 147 seats in coach are sold/1 nonrev listed. Please correct me if I am wrong!

Now that I've gotten the stupidity knocked out of me (and borrowing a portion of Zarah's post), it's supposed to be "the number of actual seats available". But with the ETC, who really knows.....

Jim

I hope we can get the West way in the ETC.
This is tomorrows PHX HNL and what compass shows us.

Flight Number: 0920
Phoenix, AZ (PHX) To Honolulu, HI (HNL)
Departure Date/Time 6/28/2006 10:30 AM
Aircraft Type 757

Class Capacity Booked
First 14 13
Coach 176 154

SA Priority Class Total
First Coach Total
SA1P06 2 0 2
SA2P06 1 0 1
SA3P06 3 9 12
SA4P06 0 12 12
SA5P06 0 2 2
SA6P06 0 1 1
SA7P06 0 9 9
SA9P06 0 3 3
Total Passengers Listed 42

It is all about how much info we have to decide our plans. Then it is less important rather FCFS or SRTY if we only have the info.

I have a qustion regarding employees children trvling as ums on west flights. My younger children have been trvling as ums and the web(compass) does not allow for ums to be checked in online. We ended up(in rez) pulling the um name header off to check them in 12hrs prior to their flight. I suggested allowing ums to be checkedin on line but not being able to print boarding passes. Anyone with ums trvling HP flights run into this? Becasuse I dont work ato or as a f/a does this really affect anything? Didnt want to upset the apple cart but I also wanted them check in to get them on the flight.