F/A Sick Clear Time 1600/1100

Youbetcha...you dont get it...I never asked if you the f/a will fix the problem....I know there is a price on everything ...i only mentioned changing the sick clearence...of course the company would need to give up something in return.

But you say crew sched need to figure how to make things work....we do already. For example...Re Assign..strip to minimum crew.......and yes making it work will comeoff your backs. If you want the reserve list to shorten than make some changes in AVBL.

Name some Examples how Crew Sched comes to you for help fixing a problem.....I am sick of Flight service and the APFA coming to us. It is a give and take but both sides only want to take.

So we either get together the real work force not the APFA management and not the AA Management.(the F/A and the actual Schedulers and pound out a contract) make it work or just sit here and watch them decide for us how it wont work

It would seem the simple answer would be to have MU worked after all other options.

It would seem the simple answer would be to have MU worked after all other options.

How about only calling MU as it is required? If we have enough reserves on line, no MU.

Skymess,

Would alowing AVBLS to plot to;; 1630-1700 be an option? Then SK can still clear at 1600 and AVBL get a shot at the nice trips before MU.

So is it safe to say that if the f/a want something it wont be good for the company. Who are the people responsible for negotiating unlimited PVD's who are the people responsible for not allowing avbls to get the trips on the sick list.

That would be the senior flight attendants running the show at the APFA. The senior ones want to be able to drop all their trips and fly what they want on mu. As long as there is a huge divide.

The Company does not even have to offer AVBL it isnt even contractual. So at any time they can drop it if they want and put them all on reserve.

I just wanted a mature discussion on the pros and cons of the sick list removal being changed

You have to wonder what the compAAny will want from us to have the sk clr times changed. NO CONCESSIONS!

It never works in our favor, only the compAAnies.

What you wanted was for everyone to agree with you.
No Jim that is where you are wrong. I am a realist...I want things to be perfect between the flight attendants and crew sched. I would love for a contract to work great for both parties.

but the reality of it all is...I will work with whatever contract is put on my desk. I could care less if you agree with me or not on this point. If it is changed and it works than we will work with it. If it isnt changed than guess what We will keep on doing what we are paid to do.

I am not losing any sleep over it.

Oh by the way...How is that pay claim going

How about only calling MU as it is required? If we have enough reserves on line, no MU.

Skymess,

Would alowing AVBLS to plot to;; 1630-1700 be an option? Then SK can still clear at 1600 and AVBL get a shot at the nice trips before MU.

Seriously, Garfield, I don't think AVBL should be given a zillion open windows like MU. I just think that set parameters for each should be, well, set. I think AVBL should go from final bid award until the day before the trip leaves at 12. No open close. Then comes sick clearance. Then makeup. Then reserve. Right now, AVBL ends and it's MU all afternoon. Then sick clearance and it's MU until RSV, and sometimes during RSV, and then it's MU in the middle of the night and even 3 hours before the trip leaves.

Either that or make it a free for all. MU and AVBL open the day before with the ability to pre plot for both until reserve time. That way scheduling doesn't have to call anyone and the AVBL and MU people can duke it out. What's the difference if people are low on time anyway who gets the trip? Someone is still going to be low on time at the end of the day. That way, if the AVBL people lose out on the pre plot then scheduling can assign them before reserves go out. The senior people will fight that tooth and nail, though, because half of them barely know how to sign in and Heaven forbid they had to learn how to plot. The middle of the road seniority people are pretty savvy with their schedules.

I can't wait until some of the senior people retire. Not because I think I'll get miraculously senior, or I resent them, I just hate how they hold everything up with their computer illiteracy and their lack of inclination to learn. Maybe once we get a more computer savvy work group we can eliminate the bid and trip trade services and have more control over our own lives. Those services hold up the whole show.