Flight Attendant Picketing to begin next week

If you accepted an assignment to LGA, you might very well finish your career there. :shock: It is not a base that has people clamoring to get in. :lol:
That would suit me just fine, since I live less than an hour from both JFK and LGA.

Although some at SLT will want out, the size of the base suggests that very few TWA people will get in.

MK

In my opinion, there won't be many (if any) recalls. Why? Because AA management knows that these bonuses really pi$$ed everyone off and the work groups, especially the pilots, are going to demand concession restoration plus raises. Given this fact, AA simply will not have any net growth; it will shrink. I think they will give the unions everything they want and order a bunch of 170 and/or 190s for eagle. As employee attrition and heavy checks occur they will simply send the s-80s to the desert and replace with a 190. Or they could just outright ground a bunch of owned super 80s and layoff and replace with 190s at one time. Sure they will take a few new 737s to replace a few super 80s and for every new international long haul they launch they could ground a few more super 80s and replace with 190s. I agree with NHBB. I think AA will become a lot smaller airline domestically.

In my opinion, there won't be many (if any) recalls. Why? Because AA management knows that these bonuses really pi$$ed everyone off and the work groups, especially the pilots, are going to demand concession restoration plus raises. Given this fact, AA simply will not have any net growth; it will shrink. I think they will give the unions everything they want and order a bunch of 170 and/or 190s for eagle. As employee attrition and heavy checks occur they will simply send the s-80s to the desert and replace with a 190. Or they could just outright ground a bunch of owned super 80s and layoff and replace with 190s at one time. Sure they will take a few new 737s to replace a few super 80s and for every new international long haul they launch they could ground a few more super 80s and replace with 190s. I agree with NHBB. I think AA will become a lot smaller airline domestically.

And, with the pilots po'd about the bonusses, what makes you think they will roll over and allow the company to put anymore 70-seat a/c at AE, or ANY 70+ seat a/c (such as the 190). IIRC, AE already has a full quota of 70-seat a/c. To add more or to add a/c larger than that, the pilots would have to waive their SCOPE clause. I don't see that happening.

And, with the pilots po'd about the bonusses, what makes you think they will roll over and allow the company to put anymore 70-seat a/c at AE, or ANY 70+ seat a/c (such as the 190). IIRC, AE already has a full quota of 70-seat a/c. To add more or to add a/c larger than that, the pilots would have to waive their SCOPE clause. I don't see that happening.
Because if AA management gives them what they want ($$$), the majority who won't get furloughed will vote for it. Those who do get furloughed from AA can flow over to Eagle and fly the 170s/190s. The senior pilots (or those in any unionized work group for that matter) always look out for themselves.

Unfortunately, under deregulation, airline seats are now nothing more than a perishable commodity. It is only going to get worse because there are new players on the field. Virgin America and Skybus will soon begin operating joining the ranks of Jetblue, Airtran, and all the other lower cost carriers. Open skies will have the same effect on transatlantic travel that deregulation had domestically-lower yields. Also, the very light jet air taxis will be flying shortly- taking the high yielding business travel away from all the hassles associated with airline travel (on regional trips). Add to this the fact that we are the highest paid legacy employees (although we are very productive) and it is obvious the pilot (and everyone else) has 2 choices:

1. Have all your demands met and fly only where AA can make money with those demands and let Eagle fly with 170/190 where AA wouldn't be able to make money with those demands.

OR

2. Have all you demands met and not allow Eagle to fly the 170s/190s forcing AA to abandon these unprofitable routes which would lead to revenue loss for AMR, loss of feed and market share resulting in AA's sustained unprofitability and eventual bankruptcy and associated losses of wages, pensions, etc.

Maybe it is depressing but it is the truth. A company that is never profitable eventually dies; just like TWA.
Then you had better update your resume'.

AAFSC, boy, you had better update yours also.....
I see AA failing and failing bad in the next year or so and rightfully so, it needs to fail.

AAFSC, boy, you had better update yours also.....
I see AA failing and failing bad in the next year or so and rightfully so, it needs to fail.
Not quite, old man, dream on. Unlike TWA, AA is modestly profitable now and has been for the last few quarters. If AA fails it will take a LOT longer than 1 year. How many years did TWA lose money before it finally died?

Not quite, old man, dream on. Unlike TWA, AA is modestly profitable now and has been for the last few quarters. If AA fails it will take a LOT longer than 1 year. How many years did TWA lose money before it finally died?

Regardless, I would love to see you go...

I know you would but I don't think you will. In all probability, AA will outlive you.

There you go again boy, I am alot younger than you think. I had to retire because of a disability, I will probably see you go first.
And why do you always have to start calling names. You are just like most of the other AA natives

There you go again boy, I am alot younger than you think. I had to retire because of a disability, I will probably see you go first.
And why do you always have to start calling names. You are just like most of the other AA natives
Well since you call me "boy", even though I was in grade school three decades ago, I take that as an insult. Since you address me without respect, I will return the favor; and judging by your posts on this board, you sure sound like a bitter old man.

Maybe it is depressing but it is the truth. A company that is never profitable eventually dies; just like TWA.
Then you had better update your resume'.
Maybe you should update yours too. Aa has already been contracting out cabin cleaning, whats to say they dont start sending out the rest of FS? As Eagle grows domestically, your job, as well as any other AA ground service job might end up under Eagle. You come into work one day and they tell you thay your station is becoming an Eagle station, you can apply but if you get hired it will be at Eagle rates, Gary Yingst will simply say "they can do that", and by the way you will still be TWU.