Fact, You guys will complain about anything!

Doug Parker has destroyed US and I'm not the only past US1 that has stated this. Review all the complaints on here and flyertalk from those of us that used to fly this airline after HP and DP took over.

Doug destroyed US? If it wasn't for Doug Parker. we would've liquidated back in 2005. Want Seigel back? No wait, you probably do

OH PLEASE.........Seigel was the beginning of the END of the REAL USAIRWAYS. Every high paying customer recognized that.

As a former customer..................I want WOLF back. Were you even around when Wolf was in charge? Were your 29 years in HP? Obviously they were or you wouldn't have thrown out Seigel's name.

At least Wolf knew how to run USAirways and made changes that made it a strong competitor amongst UA / DL / AA / CO in my opinion.

US after DP should have been liquidated or sold off in pieces.

700UW said it best .........Under Wolf US ranked #1 in the Most Well Know University of IOWA rankings, US/HP is nothing like that and will never rank high for service and quality, Doug likes cheap.

I'd like to know NEWMAN just what your capacity is within "usairways" today. Obviously it isn't in a customer facing role. Or any inflight capacity. I bet your desk job is suited for you.

I have to tell every USAIRWAYS employee this bit of fact.

I have a very dear life long friend who still lives in PIT.

At one time this friend was a F/A for US during the WOLF / SIEGEL days. This friend put himself through nursing school. Took a furlough when offered at one point and went in to nursing as it was right when he was graduating from nursing school.

Worked a few years has a nurse but decided he wanted to get back to being a F/A again and was brought back. Again like any airline job, especially US, he found himself furloughed once again.

He returned to nursing and climbed to a management position and now has a job that requires a lot of travel.

Guess which airline he refuses to step foot on? Guess................

I asked him why he doesn't fly his old airline. And to quote him............"since America West took over it is the most disgusting carrier in the skies". He continued with "the crews are nasty", "the planes are too cramped", "they nickle & dime you for everything".

And this is from a former employee who was there in the REAL USAIRWAYS during the heyday and slow decline.

Think about it.

Actually I think it would be more accurate to say that things were better under Rakesh Gangwal. He wanted to run the company while the Big Bad Wolfe had other plans. The turnaround was Wolfe's vision but I think a lot of good came from Rakesh. Besides managing a spreadsheet the current team doesn't really have much talent when it comes to customers or employees.

. But some of the archaic work rules need to be changed.

My BEST to you all...
Art this were you lose credibility
Very little fluff in any union contract
Two trips to bankrupisty created union contracts below industry standard

I'd like to know NEWMAN just what your capacity is within "usairways" today. Obviously it isn't in a customer facing role. Or any inflight capacity. I bet your desk job is suited for you.

I've been on the front lines (CSA)for the last 26 of my 29 years. Kills your theory doesn't it?

Actually I think it would be more accurate to say that things were better under Rakesh Gangwal. He wanted to run the company while the Big Bad Wolfe had other plans. The turnaround was Wolfe's vision but I think a lot of good came from Rakesh. Besides managing a spreadsheet the current team doesn't really have much talent when it comes to customers or employees.

Thank you for making that distinction. Wolf always seems to get the credit for the glory days of US Airways (and it really only amounted to days, not years.) I also think Gangwal should have received the lion's share of credit for the top notch operational and customer service aspects of that period when US Airways was ranked #1. Gangwal was a bit tactless when it came to dealing with employees, but he was smart, he knew how to run an excellent airline and, most of all, I think he really wanted to run the best airline possible. In the lack of tact vs. operational smarts, I think he would have emerged as another Bob Crandall...one smart, cagey SOB who everybody loved to hate. You can put up with a lot of Crandall-like abuse when you know the boss is getting the job done and at least treats you with a modicum of respect. Alas, for whatever reason, Gangwal's career was short circuited by boardroom and mahogany row politics. I remember there was a lot of rejoicing going on the day Gangwal resigned. Me? I was a bit nervous about it. My gut was right, as it turns out.

In the lack of tact vs. operational smarts, I think he would have emerged as another Bob Crandall...one smart, cagey SOB who everybody loved to hate. You can put up with a lot of Crandall-like abuse when you know the boss is getting the job done and at least treats you with a modicum of respect.

The Crandall years at AA were (ahem) before my time, but I've heard more than one long-time employee here say something like, "Bob Crandall was an SOB, but he was a money-making SOB; so we didn't care." :D

Art this were you lose credibility
Very little fluff in any union contract
Two trips to bankrupisty created union contracts below industry standard

Actually John John I stand by my comment...which has nothing to do with credibility. There need to be changes which improve productivity and which allows employees to work together. The days of someone making a stink if a pilot helps clean the cabin are gone-get over it. I think with some creative thinking and more cooperation, you could get wage increases in exchange for increased productivity. But no one appears to want to think outside the box to fix problems---henceforth nothing changes.

At the end of the day, the status quo just won't cut it any more.

My BEST to you all.....

Reactions: 2 people
Actually John John I stand by my comment...which has nothing to do with credibility. There need to be changes which improve productivity and which allows employees to work together. The days of someone making a stink if a pilot helps clean the cabin are gone-get over it. I think with some creative thinking and more cooperation, you could get wage increases in exchange for increased productivity. But no one appears to want to think outside the box to fix problems---henceforth nothing changes.

At the end of the day, the status quo just won't cut it any more.

My BEST to you all.....

Like he said. You are way behind the times. The "stink" over pilots helping to clean airplanes was an IAM issue years ago. As he said, after two bankruptcies things have changed. The IAM lost the responsibility (and the jobs) to do this work. Now the flight attendants are tasked with it most of the time. I have NEVER seen a F/A crew complain if a pilot helps them clean. To be fair, it's still a rarity anyway.

Nothing changes? You are seriously out of touch with the union situation at LCC.

The status quo won't cut it anymore? I agree. Things need to improve for the employees drastically.

Reactions: 1 person
Oh I agree completely nyc-the status quo just will not cut it. Things need to improve for employees. Things also need to improve for customers. As I have said all along-nothing will change until the management realizes that the employee is not the enemy, but a valuable asset.

The illustration I used may be old, but I am sure that part of any negotiations would be other things which would allow for increased operating efficiencies.

US once had the best people in the industry, and my friends and I stood by them for a very long time. I think that some of those fine folks still work there, and they definitely deserve better than they are getting....and hopefully one day soon they will...

I've been on the front lines (CSA)for the last 26 of my 29 years. Kills your theory doesn't it?

Which airline? HP or the original US (and still the better of the 2)?

And don't think it kills my theory at all. Even CSA's in the "new" US are some of the snarkiest.

29 years with the original "US" fomerly "AL". HP started up in 1983, couln'tve had 29 years with them.

Another one who doesnt know what how deep the cuts union represented employees took to keep the airline in business.

There are no more "padding" in any contracts.

People are working at wages they made back in the 90s and are just trying to get back to where they should be so they can live.

I think we should go to our grocery stores and other places and tell them since I am making wages I made back in the 90s, I am only gonna pay for this item what the prices and the loans were back in the 90s.

Outsiders have no clue what the workers have lost to maintain their jobs.

Outsiders have no clue what the workers have lost to maintain their jobs.

You got that right! Management knows what we lost and live with today so it drives our "complaining" home even harder. NOTHING should be given up in negotiations. :angry: This company is operated at a profit now. Operating at a profit off the back of EVERY SINGLE employee both EAST and WEST! ! ! !

Reactions: 2 people