Fall schedule changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
Dallas to Savannah is gone. AE takes over CVG, LIT, and GSO from Dallas. Also ORD to ALB and SYR will go to AE. This is what we see flights changing to Eagle all over. Who is foolish enough to think that with out the pilots "SCOPE" A heck of alot more would be going the way of Eagle as well. As they continue to try to grow it, we will soon hear more abut the ASM cap. And how it is hindering our AE prosperity. When they start that arguement up again. There is a easy solution. Get more AA in the air.

What city pairs that currently aren/t being served or maybe are underserved would be profitable with a F100 or larger aircraft?

I could see DFW-XNA going with 2-3 F-100s, they already fly quite a few CRJ-700s on the route. ORD-XNA is at 4 F-100s a day now. It always goes back to the same question....Which is more convenient for the traveler, and what is the most cost effective for the company?? Will it be 3-5 MD-80/F-100s or 10-12 Eagle RJ's and or props. We all know the answer, and it doesn't look like it's going to change.

A lot of people blame the RJ's for all the loss of mainline flying. However, I think it really goes way back to the ATR-72s.. Those 64 seaters are what really killed the big jets to places like SHV,AMA,LBB,MAF,CRP,etc... you lost about 30 seats per trip, but they added 4-5 extra trips so it worked out for the passanger and AA

----------------
On 9/1/2002 9:12:26 PM

I could see DFW-XNA going with 2-3 F-100s, they already fly quite a few CRJ-700s on the route. ORD-XNA is at 4 F-100s a day now. It always goes back to the same question....Which is more convenient for the traveler, and what is the most cost effective for the company?? Will it be 3-5 MD-80/F-100s or 10-12 Eagle RJ's and or props. We all know the answer, and it doesn't look like it's going to change.

A lot of people blame the RJ's for all the loss of mainline flying. However, I think it really goes way back to the ATR-72s.. Those 64 seaters are what really killed the big jets to places like SHV,AMA,LBB,MAF,CRP,etc... you lost about 30 seats per trip, but they added 4-5 extra trips so it worked out for the passanger and AA

----------------

The RJ/s are what may have put the nail in the coffin for a lot of routes though. Their range and speed opened up a whole world of opportunity for starting new routes and substituting on routes that were losing money with Fokker size equipment, and since alot of routes are losing money with Fokker size equipment you can bet that more flying will be shifted to Eagle. This should come as no surprise, the same thing happened during the last downturn. Fokker flying was shifted to Eagle. The difference now is that flying is being shifted to RJ's and not ATR's, and with the RJ's range all of the Fokker flying can be shifted to Eagle as opposed to just the shorter routes.

As much as I hate to see Eagle take over ORD-ALB, I can't really argue with it. I fly the route 15x/year, mostly midweek evenings, and the loads were rarely greater than 60% except during the peak Saratoga season from late July to Labor Day.

I'm going to need to buy a set of noise-cancelling headphones, but I'll adjust to the exit single. It's still better than flying United or Southwest!! I'd rather drive the 110 miles to Hartford than do that... and do so from time to time when I have to travel on short notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.