PHL to ARN on Friday trip report

Just a quick question......

How many people were traveling together? We know there were at least 2, since the one guy had to give the other guy a tranquilizer (on top of all the alcohol....) If there were 4 people traveling, and they had 7 bottles of wine, then that changes the amount of alcohol drank by one person. Just trying to dig for some more "facts".

Even if it wasn't a tip, do FA's at U normally serve 7 bottles (yes I asked her 3 times and she said she counted "7" bottles and some more beer) and more beer at one time?

I don't remember where I read it, or saw it discussed, but I've heard that F/A have noted that Scandanavians tend to grab all the drinks alcoholic and nonalcoholic that they think they are going to want as quickly as they can grab them from the attendent. My experience with Scandanavians suggests that they really like to ...................

Here's a trip report for you. My wife and children took a...

Who should I contact at U to address this?

Contact US Airways customer service, management and the FAA, if you/your wife believe any safety rule(s) were broken.

A certified letter, with a CC to the FAA should be about enough. The FAA overseeing US Airways is in PIT, PA.

And than sit back and wait...

Remember, those F/A's have to eat, too ;)

SoftLanding

Let's see, a little disgruntled?

Attacking our friend FirstAmendment on May 27 2005, 08:16 AM: Its quite amazing that U employees have taken so little time to show their true prima donna selves. If not for this aquisition by AWA ALL U employees would most likely be in the unemployment line come fall. But now that another airline has come and saved your butts for the umpteenth time you think that U employees rule the world. Companies are only as good as the employees that they hire. The fact that U has gone through 2 bankruptcies in as many years is telling. Sure management had something to do with it but so do the so called "best in the industry" employees of U. Can anyone say Xmas fiasco when everyone who traveled got their luggage unless they flew on U? I think that AWA should interview all the U employees and weed out people like FirstAdmendment, she/he is a prime example of the "quality" employees U has. ME ME ME ME!

Posted on: Apr 20 2005, 12:19 PM
Kinda like what all "the hardworking, dedicated U employees" did in PHL and CLT over X-mas - U employees are a bunch of prima donnas

Posted on: Jan 1 2004, 01:38 PM
Okay I'll bite. In a business sense Oreinstein owns Mesa. He has every right to implement policies and benefits that he deems fit. Whether its denying employee's partners or saying you can't eat onions at Outbacks. Its his company and HE makes the rules. Although you may disagree with them and his motivations he makes the rules and if you don't like it try to change it or move on in life. I don't think Oreinstein or anyone should be called bigoted just because they don't believe in your lifestyle or morals. You arean even bigger bigot by demanding that everyone see life the way that you do. If you don't like it go out and buy/run your own airline. I do think its a dumb business move but then again look at what he's done and the money he has made and then look at yourself in the mirror. I would argue that he is a much more succesful business man then you and I. You show your hypocracy and lack of respect by not respecting that others have a different and valid point of view on things. I myself could care less if you are black, white, gay, straight what have you. I treat everyone the same until they prove they deserve otherwise. What is disturbing is your lack of maturity to cry out when someone doesn't spout off the pollitically correct mantra that you are looking for. I think that when all the states accept gay marriage and domestic partners than you will have a valid arguement about Oreinstein not letting your partner non rev with you. Until that happens whether you like it or not he sets the policies.

Posted on: Dec 8 2003, 08:23 AM
I've seen this type of rudeness by U employees many times although not quite as extreme as this. Rude gate agents, rude,lazy and cranky old FA's (what happened to the glamorous FA's of the 60's and 70's anyhow? Maybe topic for a new thread), indifferent customer service. This guy should be fired. Too bad if he lost his house etc ( don't wish this on anyone and I hope this is not the case) but if its so bad go get another job. I read so many posters say they are "well qualified" to work in the real world GO! If life and your financial problems are that extreme maybe you realize that you DO NOT have all the "real world skills" that you think you may have. Just looked in the Sunday paper and I saw pages and pages of help wanted jobs in them. Maybe some people are afraid to face reality and realize that outside of being an FA their job skills are Dunkin Donut level job skills. I sure hope that's not the case. Anyhow I'm sure this customer just decided to join LUV's, JB's, Airtran's, Delta's or AA's FF programs. I'm sure he'll NEVER fly U again and with good reason. If you hate Dave and U so much LEAVE! I'm know that there are many furloughed employees willing to take your place even under the current conditions at U. Don't give me "I've been here 30 years and I've never seen it so bad" crap. Times change, if you don't want to be professional LEAVE. After all, with 30 years of being grumpy and doing as little as possible every day I'm sure some local govt agency would hire you in a heartbeat. You already have their jobs skills and you would fit right in.

Posted on: May 29 2003, 02:57 AM
Considering most U flights are short distance and U''s flight attendents have a hard time serving one drink to pax if flight is less than an hour, I don''t see the problem.

Just a few examples. He doesn't know who to call? Puleeze. I can't wait to hear the whole story.

Let's see, a little disgruntled?

Attacking our friend FirstAmendment on May 27 2005, 08:16 AM: Its quite amazing that U employees have taken so little time to show their true prima donna selves. If not for this aquisition by AWA ALL U employees would most likely be in the unemployment line come fall. But now that another airline has come and saved your butts for the umpteenth time you think that U employees rule the world. Companies are only as good as the employees that they hire. The fact that U has gone through 2 bankruptcies in as many years is telling. Sure management had something to do with it but so do the so called "best in the industry" employees of U. Can anyone say Xmas fiasco when everyone who traveled got their luggage unless they flew on U? I think that AWA should interview all the U employees and weed out people like FirstAdmendment, she/he is a prime example of the "quality" employees U has. ME ME ME ME!

Posted on: Apr 20 2005, 12:19 PM
Kinda like what all "the hardworking, dedicated U employees" did in PHL and CLT over X-mas - U employees are a bunch of prima donnas

Posted on: Jan 1 2004, 01:38 PM
Okay I'll bite. In a business sense Oreinstein owns Mesa. He has every right to implement policies and benefits that he deems fit. Whether its denying employee's partners or saying you can't eat onions at Outbacks. Its his company and HE makes the rules. Although you may disagree with them and his motivations he makes the rules and if you don't like it try to change it or move on in life. I don't think Oreinstein or anyone should be called bigoted just because they don't believe in your lifestyle or morals. You arean even bigger bigot by demanding that everyone see life the way that you do. If you don't like it go out and buy/run your own airline. I do think its a dumb business move but then again look at what he's done and the money he has made and then look at yourself in the mirror. I would argue that he is a much more succesful business man then you and I. You show your hypocracy and lack of respect by not respecting that others have a different and valid point of view on things. I myself could care less if you are black, white, gay, straight what have you. I treat everyone the same until they prove they deserve otherwise. What is disturbing is your lack of maturity to cry out when someone doesn't spout off the pollitically correct mantra that you are looking for. I think that when all the states accept gay marriage and domestic partners than you will have a valid arguement about Oreinstein not letting your partner non rev with you. Until that happens whether you like it or not he sets the policies.

Posted on: Dec 8 2003, 08:23 AM
I've seen this type of rudeness by U employees many times although not quite as extreme as this. Rude gate agents, rude,lazy and cranky old FA's (what happened to the glamorous FA's of the 60's and 70's anyhow? Maybe topic for a new thread), indifferent customer service. This guy should be fired. Too bad if he lost his house etc ( don't wish this on anyone and I hope this is not the case) but if its so bad go get another job. I read so many posters say they are "well qualified" to work in the real world GO! If life and your financial problems are that extreme maybe you realize that you DO NOT have all the "real world skills" that you think you may have. Just looked in the Sunday paper and I saw pages and pages of help wanted jobs in them. Maybe some people are afraid to face reality and realize that outside of being an FA their job skills are Dunkin Donut level job skills. I sure hope that's not the case. Anyhow I'm sure this customer just decided to join LUV's, JB's, Airtran's, Delta's or AA's FF programs. I'm sure he'll NEVER fly U again and with good reason. If you hate Dave and U so much LEAVE! I'm know that there are many furloughed employees willing to take your place even under the current conditions at U. Don't give me "I've been here 30 years and I've never seen it so bad" crap. Times change, if you don't want to be professional LEAVE. After all, with 30 years of being grumpy and doing as little as possible every day I'm sure some local govt agency would hire you in a heartbeat. You already have their jobs skills and you would fit right in.

Posted on: May 29 2003, 02:57 AM
Considering most U flights are short distance and U''s flight attendents have a hard time serving one drink to pax if flight is less than an hour, I don''t see the problem.
Just a few examples. He doesn't know who to call? Puleeze. I can't wait to hear the whole story.
hmmm. i think mr. arn is a fraud! a tool with an agenda...
great research, betty!

Dear exagony,

What you're alleging is serious. If you contact US Airways' Customer Relations, Customer Relations will do its best to try and keep your complaint from going to the DOT because, at that point, US Airways will get "dinged."

If you write any other department or individual at US Airways, they will merely refer your complaint to Customer Relations for handling.

Your allegations are serious and should be treated as such, right off the bat. Here is the link to the DOT's Aviation Consumer Protection Divison where it tells you whom and how to contact:

http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/problems.htm

Also, if you forget this link... if you go to dot.gov, the link to this page is right on the DOT's homepage.

Dear exagony,

What you're alleging is serious. If you contact US Airways' Customer Relations, Customer Relations will do its best to try and keep your complaint from going to the DOT because, at that point, US Airways will get "dinged."

If you write any other department or individual at US Airways, they will merely refer your complaint to Customer Relations for handling.

Your allegations are serious and should be treated as such, right off the bat. Here is the link to the DOT's Aviation Consumer Protection Divison where it tells you whom and how to contact:

http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/problems.htm

Also, if you forget this link... if you go to dot.gov, the link to this page is right on the DOT's homepage.

I realize that this is a very serious situation. I realize that people's careers might be ruined. I also realize that the situation that my wife and family faced - as told to me by her - could potentially have been very dangerous. What if the guy didn't calm down after becoming belegerent? What if he started a fight and my wife and kids got hurt considering that they were sitting right behind this bozo. They were only over the Atlantic and 2 hours or so from any medical facility. Maybe, as someone stated earlier, 3 guys got 2 drinks each and then gave them to this one individual - then the FA's are off the hook with my apologies. But what my wife saw/heard/observed whatever you want to call it was 7 bottles of wine, numerous beers being served to one individual. He got belegerent and put my family in a potentially dangerous position. My family is a hell of alot more important than an FA's career if the FA is guilty. The guy throwing up is not as big of a deal as the alcohol being overserved.

Betty, would you like to post some more of my previous posts? I'll make sure you don't miss any so post them all for all I care. My previous posts on this web board are my opinions, you don't like 'em too bad. I don't like your posts - BFD! This post started out so that I could get info on an event that occured last Friday that I don't want Customer Affairs to bury. As a pilot myself who prides himself of doing his job professionally and one who travels as a pax in the back of planes 8-9 time a month on various carriers, I expect the FA's to do the same. Reguardless of my posts here, I do my job by the book, just as I am sure all flight crews expect their co-workers to. These 2 FA's- according to my wife - were doing anything but that.

Betty, would you like to post some more of my previous posts? I'll make sure you don't miss any so post them all for all I care. My previous posts on this web board are my opinions, you don't like 'em too bad. I don't like your posts - BFD!

The more you post, the less credibility you have.

Contact Customer Relations
At US Airways we appreciate hearing from our customers and value your feedback regarding your travel experience. The Customer Relations team is dedicated to responding to your compliments or concerns regarding your completed trip in a professional and timely manner. We appreciate your business and look forward to assisting you.
If you need immediate assistance regarding an upcoming flight, contact our Reservations Department.
For questions regarding your frequent flyer account, please contact Dividend Miles.
If you have a concern regarding delayed baggage, please contact Baggage Resolution.
For items left onboard a US Airways or America West operated flight, please contact Lost and Found.
If you need assistance with booking travel on our website, please contact Technical Support.

To serve you better, please be prepared to provide us with the following information:

Ticket number or confirmation code on your reservation
Complete mailing address
Flight numbers, city pairs and dates of travel
Names of individuals who traveled with you

Customer Relations Contact
Email E-mail Customer Relations
Telephone 1-866-523-5333
5 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday, MST
6 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sat-Sun, MST
Fax 480-693-2300
Postal Mail US Airways
Attention: Customer Relations
4000 E. Sky Harbor Blvd.
Phoenix, AZ 85034

I found this with three clicks of the ole mouse....

EX, I really think that if you were that concerned, you could have done the same thing as me, just do a little digging. I think you spent to much time on this forum pushing the same issues instead of trying to find a solution yourself...

I am not saying your wife did not have a bad experience, I just think you have another agenda...Good luck