PHL to ARN on Friday trip report

I am going to stay entirely clear of the booze issue. However, if a crew member asked Mom to give up the seat for the child a couple of things need to be addressed. First, was the child over or under two years of age. If under two, then being held as a lap child can be appropriate. If over two then that is a violation of applicable regulations. Also if the child had been seated in a paid seat then, at a minimum, a refund is due for the loss-of-use of the paid seat. The mere fact of being asked to surrender a paid seat will likely set of some form of investigation as to why a crew member asked for the seat to be vacated.

PEOPLE, THIS IS A BOGUS POST...HE IS A DISGRUNTLED FORMER EMPLOYEE...WHY ARE YOU GETTING SUCKED IN????

Has anyone checked the flight log--no on board disturbance was mentioned. There was no talk of returning to PHL. No request for additional cleaning required upon arrival. No discussion of request for authorities to meet the flight.
I hear it was a very smooth ride.

Okay, I just got off the phone with her. She states that she was sitting directly behind the individual who got belegerent. She states that he was served alcohol at about 2 hours into the flight and she counted 7 bottles of wine and numerous cans of beer. She states that she couldn't believe that the FA's gave this individual so much alcohol and all at one time. She believes the pax in question were between 18-22. The FA's did not appear to card them( don't know if they are supposed to) She stated that she had to pick up 3 empty cans herself that rolled back towards her seat. She said the flight attendents (slim, white, balding males, one with a gotee like beard) took payment from the pax and placed the money in a pouch like bag on the cart. She said that the FA then recieved more money from the pax which the FA placed in his pants pocket. If this was not a tip it sure gives the appearance of one. She stated that she heard the FA tell the bellegerent one that if he didn't calm down that they would have the captain turn the aircraft around to PHL and that they would have the police standing by if he didn't calm down. Nonetheless, the pax who threw up was sitting in the row in front of her and he drank as much alcohol as the first. He threw up about 4 hours into the flight. When he threw up, he threw up on a pax. This pax started to get sick from this and asked the FA to move to another seat. The pax was told there were no other seats available ( I know someone posted earlier that there were 5 or so seats available but my wife said the FA's told the affect pax that there were none.) My wife offered up my daughters seat (under 2 years of age but still a paid seat), which we paid $1000 for, so that the affected pax could at least not have to put their feet in the puke. The pax who got puked on filed a complaint at ARN with the Customer Service Agent and my wife said she intends to do so as soon as she is back in the states. My wife has the info of the pax who filed the report and will include that info as a witness in the complaint that I WILL NOW file against USAir. Ultimately I don't care if posters here believe this or not, I will file a complaint and let the chips fall as they may.

took payment from the pax and placed the money in a pouch like bag on the cart. She said that the FA then recieved more money from the pax which the FA placed in his pants pocket. If this was not a tip it sure gives the appearance of one.
I've never seen a pouch-like bag placed on the cart for money. F/As use many pockets to separate different funds: liquor, headsets, food, and oh yeah, all that tip money. How do you know which is which and can you prove it?

I've never seen a pouch-like bag placed on the cart for money. F/As use many pockets to separate different funds: liquor, headsets, food, and oh yeah, all that tip money. How do you know which is which and can you prove it?

Like I said, it appeared to be a tip. She states that money was given to the FA and placed in a pouch like object on the cart and more money was given and this was placed in the FA's pocket. I stated that it sure would appear that it was a tip- not saying it was but that was the perception my wife had of the transaction. Even if it wasn't a tip, do FA's at U normally serve 7 bottles (yes I asked her 3 times and she said she counted "7" bottles and some more beer) and more beer at one time?

Well if it is then so what? He has his 15 minutes of internet fame. If he writes to the Sandcastle the way he writes here that's what he will get! Sand, along with instructions on how to "Pound" it.

Wild assed claims that are often unsubstantiated, untrue and nothing more than a ploy to gain compensation is one reason airline mnagement often turns a deaf ear to it's customers. If this proves to be such a claim who would blame them?

What kind of compensation would I be after? Like you said if this is untrue they'll throw this out. I think the facts will play out in my wife's favor in the end. I won't even ask for compensation - I will just ask that U does what they deem right if they find my report valid.

money was given and this was placed in the FA's pocket. I stated that it sure would appear that it was a tip- not saying it was but that was the perception my wife had of the transaction.

Better get Stan to start designing that "TIP/NON TIP" smock so they have some place to put money other than their pants pocket. :ph34r: The red pocket is for headset money, the blue pocket for liquor money and the grey pocket is for tip money. :lol:

Honestly though, I'd love to see a trip report from someone who doesnt fly often written along side a trip report from a US1 or crewmember. The perceptions and comments would be interesting to say the least. Just thinking about the policies and procedures and terms and lingo involved would be enough to make some interesting reading.

do FA's at U normally serve 7 bottles (yes I asked her 3 times and she said she counted "7" bottles and some more beer) and more beer at one time?
Nope. I have never seen more than two served at a time, and even that is rare. I find this completely unbelievable. You'll have to get all the facts straight because at the moment, your story doesn't ring true.

Nope. I have never seen more than two served at a time, and even that is rare. I find this completely unbelievable. You'll have to get all the facts straight because at the moment, your story doesn't ring true.

Like I said, another pax filed a complaint about this issue and my wife will too. I'll let the chips fall as they may. It doesn't matter if the story doesn't "ring true" to you. My wife stated that there were 7 bottles of wine and numerous beer cans - she even had to pick up 3 that rolled back to her. I'll let you believe what you want - I believe my wife is telling 100% of the truth.

Hey you can tip me in my flat fronts anytime. I'll even give you a shake shake and a bump bump. Wanna stuff it into my pockets yourself? LOL.... No proof of any of this and no documentation in regards to a disturbance. Sorry all that happened but no proof and a pouch on the cart? This all is a little far fetched. Not saying that it wasn't a bad flight for her and someone didn't vomit but this is a bit extreme. I being on the Transatlantic division and flying to Europe only have NEVER seen anything as bizarre as this. EVER! ! ! ! Don't expect to hear anything anyway....it's the NEW way.

Yes it will be - please ask him to tell his side of the story - obviously not if it will get him in trouble. I am interested in his version.
It surely won't be posted here, are you kidding? The language that will be spewing! I'll have to cover my virgin ears! :D

Exagony,

I'm sorry your family had a negative experience, what ever the circumstances were. Hope the flight back will be better.

It surely won't be posted here, are you kidding? The language that will be spewing! I'll have to cover my virgin ears! :D

Exagony,

I'm sorry your family had a negative experience, what ever the circumstances were. Hope the flight back will be better.

If you talk to said crew member and he correlates my wife's report would you be so kind as to at least let me know if he acknowledges that such sitution occured on the flight. Not asking for his detailed version ( though wouldn't mind hearing it) I would like to know if he acknowledges that this incident occured on the flight. Thank you and I appriciate the thought of having a good flight back.

Is this a spinoff of "The Galley Show"? I like the original one better. What will become of Kelly and her deployed shoot? Is there any hope for Floyd and his yellow shirt? Can Debbie make it through recurrent now that she has had to add a third skirt to her Stan Herman Add-a-skirt ensem?

It's like comparing American Idol to America has Talent