Strange Experience This Morning in PHL

I gotta chime in on this thread. Is it really all that important to keep up with unattended bags in the sterile area of the airport anymore? Think about it, EVERYTHING that is taken into the sterile area is x-rayed by the TSA, so it is highly unlikely that anyone could cause major mayhem beyond the security checkpoint. Of course, being vigilant is always a good thing, but unattended bags inside the checkpoint should not be a concern at this point.

I wish that was true, but it is not impossible (dare I say "easy"?) to take items into an airport without security screening. It actually happens far more than most people think.

I would say, SpinDoc, that I would prefer not to have concerns over unattended bags or other items in the sterile area(s), but even today I know better than to hope for that. Now, I'm not going to freakout over an unattended bag, but I'm also not going to completely ignore it. Fortunately, I can't remember any bags in recent past where the owners didn't come eventually come back and take possession of them.

Lucky us!

Latest posts

Back