FA's to vote on elimination of the "Hard 40"

A VOTE? ..... Did that say what I thought it did, A VOTE? 
First we get a comprehensive negotiation update from AMFA
doing the right thing for it's SWA  membership in the AMT
thread, now a union that actually finds it's prudent to allow 
their membership a chance to voice an opinion through the
ballot box. 
                      "Oh noooo..... we suck again"

Reactions: 5 people
chilokie1 said:
A VOTE? ..... Did that say what I thought it did, A VOTE? 
First we get a comprehensive negotiation update from AMFA
doing the right thing for it's SWA  membership in the AMT
thread, now a union that actually finds it's prudent to allow 
their membership a chance to voice an opinion through the
ballot box. 
                      "Oh noooo..... we suck again"
Still not coming onto your dead maintenance thread. But if you don't get to vote on your contract I'll be the first in line holding any sign for any other union you want.

Now back on topic.

I'd like to know what these people are going to have to exchange to get this hard 40 removed?

Hey W, I hammered both the company and union over on the AMT thread, was that a no no...better red me then.  :)

So, that part of their contract was still open?

Reactions: 4 people
AANOTOK said:
Hey W, I hammered both the company and union over on the AMT thread, was that a no no...better red me then.  :)

So, that part of their contract was still open?
I read it. Not commenting on "their" thread, but I read it.

Hopefully the FA's that work as FA's to make a living won't have to give up anything for FA's that don't want or have to work at AA, and stay employed at AA as a backup or a hobby.

Just to make sure I understand the rumor, the APFA will vote on wether to give up some vacation time for ALL FAs, so some FAs won't have to work as a FA for months on end, because working 40 hours a month is just to much to expect from an employee.

Reactions: 12 people
Maybe. The company attached a cost to the Hard 40 when the first TA was out there that the FA's turned down, so I'm sure they'll get at least that much back.

It's possible the union might just waive the automatic raise due to the new UA contract? Hard to say that they approved a pay cut if it never was in their pocket to begin with.

Reactions: 1 person
this is what gives folks a bad image - you have people who don't want to work but want the free hand out of flight benefits, etc

will be interesting to see how this turns out

Reactions: 3 people
jcw said:
this is what gives folks a bad image - you have people who don't want to work but want the free hand out of flight benefits, etc

will be interesting to see how this turns out
You don't think high seniority people watching TV and playing dominoes 6 hours a day gives folks a bad image?

How about employees sleeping on the aircraft?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPUmubh27JY

Think that might give folks a bad image?

In my experience "entitled" high seniority "career" employees are the ones who don't want to work but want a free hand out. Part time employees are the least of the airline workers "bad image" problems.

Think the UNION culture might have something to do with that "bad image"?

Reactions: 1 person
Can any of you tell me you have not encountered other high seniority employees who's sole attitude is that less senior people exist only to enable their "free ride"?

High seniority see other employees as nothing but layoff fodder and "sacrificial lambs" for contract perks.

You know it's true.

Reactions: 2 people