Calling All AA & US Airways Employees - Sign the Petition

I agree that sending emails to the AMR board members begging them to merge AA with US is a pointless gesture, but what I find curious is that a pilot at US would think this so important to cut and paste from the APFA website without so much as an editorial comment or two.

My cynical guess, of course, is that the lure of shiny aluminum widebodies is very powerful, and the long dream of flying UA 747s has finally been dashed.

At least signing this petition isn't quite as silly as mailing hand-written letters to Judge Lane begging him to do whatever it takes to merge US and AA (although that may be in the works - I don't know).

It shows you how desparate he (USA320) is to share his misery with others. He gets off posting this stuff to stir up the crap so it stinks even more' misery loves some company, indeed.

If APFA leadership is circulating this stuff and undermining their own company's ability to emerge from BK as a stand alone; and insisting on being bought in BK on the "cheap" for the likes of US Airways CEO and cronies, then these folks calling for a petition need so desparately to be recalled by their members asap and removed for utter stupid!

Hey folks...hellooo...US Airways is LAST in the heap for a reasonnn.....

Ah, but Pitbull you forget that Doug Parker promised APFA leadership the moon and half the stars (those greedy pilots demanded the other half and Saturn). He wouldn't make promises he can't keep, now would he? :lol:

Ahhh. Brilliant! An online petition to force AMR to merge with MergeRUS AIRWAYS!!! My guess is that 99.99% of the signatures are on the US side!

How strong is that merger kool ade this time?

You do realize where this petition originated, right?

Reactions: 1 person
How stupid is this. Does Glading really have nothing better to do than keep pushing for a US Air merger? Does she want to kill AA jobs that badly? Mergers lead to furloughs, Laura- every time! That's how airlines justify the billions in merger costs!

APFA really is dumb as bricks......guess having a job that requires no more education than a high-school diploma yields this type of thinking. A part of me wants the petition to force the merger, so the people against this can laugh their ass off or cry their ass off saying "I told you this would happen you morons" when Parker and company GUT you and then go back to BK.

Cheers,
777 / 767 / 757

Reactions: 1 person
Exactly. The APFA leadership can be stubborn as mules and because they made a deal with Parker, they are going to stick by him come hell or high water, facts and US labor history be damned! The more I learn about Parker, Kirby, and what happened during the America West/US Airways merger (and is still happening for that matter), the more idiotic Glading and the others look for making their secret pacts. Talk about a classic example of emotion over intelligence.

How stupid is this. Does Glading really have nothing better to do than keep pushing for a US Air merger? Does she want to kill AA jobs that badly? Mergers lead to furloughs, Laura- every time! That's how airlines justify the billions in merger costs!

Interestingly enough, I saw this petition in the comment section on some other site. It seems like there are some amongst the ranks that aren't pleased with Laura either. Regardless, some good points and a few chuckles.

http://recallglading.blogspot.com/

I agree that sending emails to the AMR board members begging them to merge AA with US is a pointless gesture, but what I find curious is that a pilot at US would think this so important to cut and paste from the APFA website without so much as an editorial comment or two.

My cynical guess, of course, is that the lure of shiny aluminum widebodies is very powerful, and the long dream of flying UA 747s has finally been dashed.

At least signing this petition isn't quite as silly as mailing hand-written letters to Judge Lane begging him to do whatever it takes to merge US and AA (although that may be in the works - I don't know).

Bullseye..

Reactions: 2 people