Calling All AA & US Airways Employees - Sign the Petition

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.

Calling All AA and US Airways Employees - SIGN THE PETITION - 10.08.12

With every signature encouraging AMR's Board to support a merger with US Airways inside bankruptcy, an individual email will be sent to each Director. So far, each of the Board of Directors has received 2,364 emails. Let's push that number over the top. It takes less than 30 seconds to sign this petition - you don't even have to use your name. Just sign your company and years of service if you so desire; that's it!

Don't hesitate to pass this information on. Anyone who is affected by the detioration of the AA brand should feel welcome to add their name to this petition.

AmericanAirlines + US Airways
"Our Future Depends On It"

Leslie Mayo
APFA National Communications Coordinator

Our mailing address is:

APFA

1004 W. Euless Blvd. Euless, TX 76040

Copyright (C) 2012 APFA All rights reserved.

Reactions: 1 person
Seriously, what influence does the AMR board really carry at this point? It's the UCC calling the shots.

Reactions: 4 people
Parker can not even get his house in order and then he cuts deals with the unions at AA. A snake in the grass. Anyone who merges with USAir will be screwed over. False hopes and false promises. USAir will head to BK soon enough because without deals from their unions or a merger (temporary relief) USAir is in trouble. Parker is focusing his efforts away from his internal problems. This petition is self serving and not for the best interest of all employees at AA and USAir.

Reactions: 8 people
Parker can not even get his house in order and then he cuts deals with the unions at AA. A snake in the grass. Anyone who merges with USAir will be screwed over. False hopes and false promises. USAir will head to BK soon enough because without deals from their unions or a merger (temporary relief) USAir is in trouble. Parker is focusing his efforts away from his internal problems. This petition is self serving and not for the best interest of all employees at AA and USAir.
Ah yes - the Horton/Parker School of Economics. Arpey was, at one time, included in this but rightly called BS on the Board's demand to take the company into bankruptcy and was cashiered for his efforts.

Parker is maneuvering to merge with AA and, within 2 years, take the combination through bankruptcy again. All one needs do is consider how the act of merging can net these two the greatest payoff. Not sure if Horton is actually involved in Parker's planning or not but my gut says no - sounds like an "I beat you" scenario being set up with Horton as the patsy.

The bright side? I'm taking the early out.

I left the Navy as an ADJ3 in November 1971 and swore I'd never work around aircraft again. 20 years later, I made a liar out of myself - now I'm leaving the "business" again and will leave it to you ladies and gents to fight with the bastards - I'm tired of it. I don't consider the efforts and mind games involved worth the returns anymore, neither personally nor financially.

AA is on its way to the bottom, so far as its workers are concerned - the other airlines will follow suit (as they'll need what Parker and Horton did to survive) with the new combination of Parker/Horton one upping the rest after the next round of consolidation and bankruptcies by their own filing after merging - about 2-3 years down the road.

I prefer to watch the festivities from the outside. Just remember - the twu will help everyone out.

With every signature encouraging AMR's Board to support a merger with US Airways inside bankruptcy, an individual email will be sent to each Director. So far, each of the Board of Directors has received 2,364 emails. Let's push that number over the top. It takes less than 30 seconds to sign this petition - you don't even have to use your name. Just sign your company and years of service if you so desire; that's it!

Don't hesitate to pass this information on. Anyone who is affected by the detioration of the AA brand should feel welcome to add their name to this petition.

AmericanAirlines + [font=times new roman']US Airways

Leslie Mayo
[/font]

Our mailing address is:

APFA

Copyright © 2012 APFA All rights reserved.

A Merger or take over that involves AA and USAIR is a big mistake, My opinion. They USAIR have screwed thier employees as well why would you support going from one fry pan to another.

The IAM has taken just as much or more from the mechanics and maintenance mgrs. Not sure what deel you think USAIR is going to give you F/A, but if you think its better deal. Do what you think is best for you. A/C Maintenance with USAIR is a big mistake. Alaska Airlines would be a better fit..
West coast routes and Mexico as well as Alaska.

I agree that sending emails to the AMR board members begging them to merge AA with US is a pointless gesture, but what I find curious is that a pilot at US would think this so important to cut and paste from the APFA website without so much as an editorial comment or two.

My cynical guess, of course, is that the lure of shiny aluminum widebodies is very powerful, and the long dream of flying UA 747s has finally been dashed.

At least signing this petition isn't quite as silly as mailing hand-written letters to Judge Lane begging him to do whatever it takes to merge US and AA (although that may be in the works - I don't know).

Reactions: 3 people
Ahhh. Brilliant! An online petition to force AMR to merge with MergeRUS AIRWAYS!!! My guess is that 99.99% of the signatures are on the US side!

How strong is that merger kool ade this time?

First of all, US Air died circa 1991. Calling it US Air only boosts the Airways EGO! :rolleyes:

Having said that, beware of the US crowd that will accuse you of being me! :lol:

AmericanAirlines + [font=times new roman']US Airways

Leslie Mayo
[/font]

Our mailing address is:

APFA

Copyright © 2012 APFA All rights reserved.
NOPE, NO WAY NO HOW...

Reactions: 2 people