FAVORITSM

In the interest of accuracy,…..

Note, for the benefit of one grammatically challenged poster with a chip on his shoulder, that the conjunction "why" was used. This indicates a question, not an accusation. Why was Southwest being given preferential treatment.

In the interest of accuracy “Whyâ€￾ is not a question however “Why was Southwest being given preferential treatmentâ€￾ is a question AND an accusation.

The answer from the controller at the time was unprofessional and inappropriate. It was a smart a$$ response.

So only you can make a smart a$$, unprofessional and inappropriate remark? WTF is wrong with you?

Regardless of whether you are speaking to me or making sarcastic remarks about me I will give it right back.

I suggest you make an appointment with a Mistress instead of humping my leg from the excitement of getting you’re a$$ kicked. :D

The rumors of preferential treatment of SWA are NATIONWIDE in scope and certainly not limited to PHL. This thread proves that. Rumors also take on a life of their own and grow like weeds. We've also heard for years that the PHL ramp is mobbed up yet never a shread of hard evidence to support the contention except for 22 arrests stemming from a brawl off airport.

So what really goes on in the tower? We do know that SWA has long provided food in the form of pizza parties. Is that a bribe to ensure preferential treatment? I don't think it meets the standard. Now if someone wanted to find out for certain you could most likely file a federal ethics code complaint and see what happens to the FAA folks as they are on a VERY tight leash when it comes to accepting gifts. But then you'd actually have to DO something instead of complain here.

However consider this. If US Airways treats the folks in the tower the way it does its customers and employees then do they get much in the way of a "break" compared to SWA? Pizza from SWA versus Feces from US and you're a worker when it comes to a "Coin Flip" to decide who goes where when, who do you think wins that coin flip every time?

Ethics violation? Preferential treatment? IMO doubtful, Human Nature?? ABSOLUTELY.

You know better than accusing your former fellow pilots of treating ATC the way management or perhaps some of the other labor groups treat our customers.

Sounds like retirement along with a short memory distorts your perspective. In the twenty four years I have been with this outfit, my experience is that the vast majority of pilots conduct themselves in a highly professional manner when dealing with controllers, even when frustrations are high.

I include myself in that category, despite what Biker Queen from the Bijou thinks. So what pilots are you speaking of?

Regarding Southwest, everything they do - they do well, and that would include peddling their influence. They are aggresive and sometimes ruthless. There are many subtle ways to get a leg up on the competition. Southwest has mastered all of them, including getting favorable treatment from controllers while staying under the radar - pun intended.

Dude I'm a customer, I do all of my flying from the other side of the flight deck door. Secondly I was referring to Management trying to "Bulldoze" ATC like they do customers.
If I'm retired why am I in MSP teaching 2 "Buyer Approved Selling" classes?
None
That's how you pay good wages and be profitable

When I screw up, I screw up. Sorry Piney, had you mistaken for another poster. Forget what I said in the first paragraph as well as that part about being retired. Long day.

When I screw up, I screw up. Sorry Piney, had you mistaken for another poster. Forget what I said in the first paragraph as well as that part about being retired. Long day.

Ok, thank you for having the class to apologize to Piney Bob. Everyone knows he is a customer. My problem is when our employees cause friction with our customers and people outside the Company with whom we have to maintain a good and professional relationship. I understand fully well how you feel with me getting in your face. Regardless of what you think ATC does a very good job overall. When issues surface those equipped with resources to investigate and handle it are at your disposal.

Overall we get a lot of good service from the PHL facility. That is our full time job at my desk and we see the big picture. Yes isolated incidents arise and we need to be made aware of them but when emotions take over two wrongs tend to cloud the issue and nothing gets corrected. Like you and many others in this industry we are Type A personalities so you have to realize that I also need to protect my turf. If I see a problem and it was not handled properly and can create animosity it is my responsibility to respond. Even after my first post trying to put years of experience into a short ATC primer about PHL you didn’t consider it but instead posted in public an accusation against PHL ATC. If you were in my position you would have responded in like manner.

Unfortunately with reductions of PIT service it is very difficult to come to OCC and see for yourself the tools we have, the communications lines we maintain and but let me assure you that we are very parochial about our flights. You can never eliminate all the problems when marketing schedules flights in peaks and valleys at a facility that can only handle the schedule in the best of conditions. That type of scheduling is pretty essential in a hub but it presents many challenges.

We can put all of this behind us if you would like but please understand my position is to achieve the best performance possible on a day to day operation at PHL within the confines and safety by negotiating and making tactical conditions all day with these folks. When I see a problem that was either created or exacerbated by anyone I can not and will not ignore it. As a Dispatcher doing my job I am your equal. You may not like that but get over it and lets move on.

OCCATC

Your veiled apology is accepted. In return I offer mine. Nuff said, lets move on.

Although engaging in the internet version of parking lot behavior reminded me of my salad days - and was theraputic. Purged myself of fifteen years worth of what I would have liked to say over the radio but did not. Thanks for being there for me.

Good enough..I'm sure we got a few chuckles along the way. Now lets JOIN FORCES and go start another Food Fight. :up:

Back