Figured it was time...

PQAKnow-It-All

Advanced
Nov 6, 2005
Tempe
www.ringofdestiny.org
I have finally taken the advise that my friends and family (and even many on this board) have been giving me for years.

April 14th will be my last day with HP. I have been here over 7years, and will miss it greatly. (I did manage to get enough A&Bs to finally get a week in OGG out of it tho) :up:

I will be moving to a new industry, which scares the b-jesus out of me, but I do get to work with an old HP co-worker again, so at least I wont be alone.

This industry is my passion. I had always wanted to work for an airline, even as a kid, so I count myself very lucky that I have been able to follow my passion, thus far. Now I'm taking a leap of faith, hoping for a more rewarding career, or at least a nice boost to my resume (haha), with a little less bumps in the road. =)

I'm sure this is not the last time I'll be adding my say to this board however :D

Hey PQ...I wish you well in your new adventure. I'll bet you'll be watching us....even from a distance. Good Luck.

PQ,

Good Luck to ya! Starting a new career can be frightening, but don't let it scare ya. Embrace it and move on. I've enjoyed your posts, and please don't be a stranger. Let us know how your doing! Maybe you'll be back someday...it's a small world!

Best wishes from someone who has been out for 4 years now.

Its tough.

Airline people are the best people in the world, the arrogant pilot, the militant mechanic, the pissy Flight Attendant, the harassed gate agent that you are absolutly sure forgot about you when you HAVE to make that flight you are non rev'ing on, the cost cutting mananagement who has to do frequent layoffs, I miss them all!

There is a big world out there, and there is lots of money to be had. But when the person in the cubicle next to you goes on and on about their huge vacation to Branson, MO, you have to hold your tounge and not brag about the 65 times you went to Hawaii, how you hiked through Angkor Wat, been inside the Pyramids in Egypt, and had high tea at Herrods.

They won't understand you, they won't get it, they will think you are arrogant and 'lucky'.

You were lucky, but they will never know how lucky!

Best of luck!! Watch your six! :up: