First Class and Premium Passengers

----------------
On 6/12/2003 11:06:01 AM MrMarky wrote:

Hi Mark,

If there are empty seats up front I see absolutely nothing wrong with off-duty crew members taking them. I''ve sat next to employees many times. My point was simply that crew members should not be taking such seats at the expense of passengers who might legitimately qualify for them but be denied because an employee has the seat.

I thought that was the point of this discussion but maybe I misunderstood. If there are empty seats in first and no qualifying passengers wanting them, then I see no reason why off duty crew members can''t use them.

Take care,

Marky

----------------​
Pricklyheat started this thread to whine that employees were seated in First rather than elite FFs even though there is no evidence that any FF was denied an upgrade, at least that''s how I read his rant.

Seems there were empty seats on the short flight after all elites had the opportunity to buy upgrades (with stickers or miles). Since there were empty seats, employees took them.

That is the right result in my book. Want to sit up front as an elite? The book a Y or B fare (free), or spend stickers or miles (which have a cost, even if some employees don''t or can''t or won''t see that).

But to be pissed that elites weren''t upgraded for free - that''s over the top.

Like I said before, AA may have lots of faults - but denying elites their upgrades isn''t one of them.

----------------
On 6/12/2003 11:06:01 AM MrMarky wrote:

My point was simply that crew members should not be taking such seats at the expense of passengers who might legitimately qualify for them but be denied because an employee has the seat.

----------------​
mAArky,

I have seen enough airport standby priority lists to know that employees are never ever given first class seats if there are any revenue passengers who legitimately qualify for upgrades.

The only exception is when members of upper management and union officials travel on a positive space basis (remember Don Carty''s Puerto Vallarta trip?).

----------------

Seems there were empty seats on the short flight after all elites had the opportunity to buy upgrades (with stickers or miles). Since there were empty seats, employees took them.

----------------​

You see that is where you are mistaken. What time does this so called Hawaii trip get in that everyone is so worn out on? You ask for us to be at the gate at a certain time. Well if all these employees beat us to the gate and flash their baby blues it doesnt matter if you set the upgrade price at ten thousand dollars. It is to late the employee already has a boarding pass in hand. Yes, I have seen it, send the youngest, freshest, cutest FA up and everyone else stand back and pass up your ID''s to the young man.

In summary, I don''t believe all 55 had the opportunity. Nice try.

Thank You

----------------
On 6/11/2003 11:41:00 PM mga707 wrote:

Well, so much for Mr. Heat''s "I''m such a busy hardworking frequent-flying guy that I only have time to post here on weekends" shtick. Liar.
----------------​

I am sorry sir, please point me and the rest of us more mature posters to one of my posts that was not on a weekend.

Thank You

Damn again you can even type the letters (and November, Bravo, Sierra, Pappa). Argggh.

Thank You

----------------
On 6/1/2003 10:02:34 PM gogogadget wrote:

Prickly heat,

Did any of your precious metal fans get left behind?

----------------​

No, they went to Southwest and Alaska.

Thank You

----------------
On 6/1/2003 3:06:09 PM flydcoop wrote:

Why are you waiting for our workrules to be brought up?  Why do you care?

Just curious,

Coop 

----------------​

Because if I were King for a day I would replace a limited amount of FA''s with Self Serve Fountain Soda machines with Biggie Size cups and Snack machines with a bill changer as well as install video players and speakers to parrot the pilots instructions. This is what flying has come to these days. Grandma used to wear a hat and white gloves. The clown I sat next to Tuesday in FC had on shower shoes with cut off jeans.

The FA''s travel and spend way to much time away from home for the money they make. So much for a family life. How about basing FA''s out of each station? Sure would cut down on their hotel time and commuting time. Wait a minute, that may violate a contract or two and some workrules.

Again, If I were King for a Day you people would be payed far more than you could possibly imagine, BUT I would need a few days to comb over your contract and your workrules.

Thank You.

Damn i copy &nbsp and it doesnt show up. When we dont want to see it, it does. What is this moderator?

Please tell us.

----------------
On 6/15/2003 11:50:36 AM pricklyheat wrote:

Well?

----------------​

Well what?
Your last few posts make absolutely no sense. Are you high?

Oh, almost forgot--
"Thank you!"

----------------
On 6/14/2003 2:28:11 PM pricklyheat wrote:

----------------

----------------​

You see that is where you are mistaken. What time does this so called Hawaii trip get in that everyone is so worn out on? You ask for us to be at the gate at a certain time. Well if all these employees beat us to the gate and flash their baby blues it doesnt matter if you set the upgrade price at ten thousand dollars. It is to late the employee already has a boarding pass in hand. Yes, I have seen it, send the youngest, freshest, cutest FA up and everyone else stand back and pass up your ID''s to the young man.

In summary, I don''t believe all 55 had the opportunity. Nice try.

Thank You

----------------​
All elites have the opportunity to ask for an upgrade at the time of booking. As an EXP, my upgrades are confirmed as far out as 100 hours (72 for Plat, 24 for Gold).

Your initial post contained no allegation that any elites were denied the opportunity to secure an upgrade, only that employees were in F and elites were in the back. So what? I know very few elites who would bother to upgrade such a short flight anyway, unless it was part of a much longer itn.

Your post quoted above makes no sense to me - if I have misinterpreted your rant (that elites were not given free upgrades and the crew took the vacant F seats), then please feel free to correct me.

Besides, in my view, nobody should get bent out of shape over an upgrade (or lack of one) between STL and DFW. The flight''s just too short to worry about. Especially if they aren''t willing to pay for it.

Again, you''re ranting about a nonproblem.

Suggestion: Find a real problem to rant about.

----------------
On 6/15/2003 1:24:26 PM FWAAA wrote:

Besides, in my view, nobody should get bent out of shape over an upgrade (or lack of one) between STL and DFW. The flight''s just too short to worry about. Especially if they aren''t willing to pay for it.

Again, you''re ranting about a nonproblem.

Suggestion: Find a real problem to rant about.

----------------​

So who decides what is a short flight or not? St. louis and DFW are hubs correct. I had a few more legs as you call them to go. You are telling me that I can''t decide if I want to be comfortable and stretch out a little at the last minute. Ok, how about this, what were the employees doing up there if it is such a shooooorrrrt flight? I am the customer, I pay your salaries, I do not feel an employee should be in uniform in F/C under in circumstance...period. Sorry. McDonalds even has a policy about being in the workplace, or traveling to and from work and making stops in your company uniform....

Thank You

----------------
On 6/15/2003 4:36:59 PM pricklyheat wrote:

"So who decides what is a short flight or not? St. louis and DFW are hubs correct. I had a few more legs as you call them to go. You are telling me that I can''t decide if I want to be comfortable and stretch out a little at the last minute."

DID YOU ATTEMPT TO UPGRADE? YOU decide if a leg is long or short. If it''s "worth it" to you, then USE YOUR MILES AND UPGRADE. Otherwise, HTH do you think you are criticizing who AMR lets sit in a seat YOU WERE UNWILLING TO PAY FOR

"I am the customer, I pay your salaries, I do not feel an employee should be in uniform in F/C under in circumstance...period. Sorry."

EARTH TO PRICKLY< YOU DO NOT PAY THE SALARIES OF AMR EMPLOYEES!! You are a CUSTOMER. You purchase a SERVICE! They PROVIDE THAT SERVICE. BTW, Thier job often requires them to travel. Occasionally they get to upgrade and even get free trips. IT''S PART OF THEIR COMPENSATION. Somehow that sounds a lot like YOUR job. BTW, I''m YOUR BOSS, I PAY YOUR SALARY (I''m a consumer of medical care). YOU ARE OVERPAID. You are paid to know how to operate a million dollar peice of equipment. F/A''s, Pilots, and Mechs are all paid to operate various aspects of a 200 million dollar machine. You should be riding greyhound to lower my cost....

"McDonalds even has a policy about being in the workplace, or traveling to and from work and making stops in your company uniform...."

This ain''t mcdonalds

----------------​