RJ 900's for PSA-- REJECTED!

flycrazy77

Jul 18, 2006
It was just announced that the CRJ-900 offer to PSA was rejected by a LARGE margin. Way to stand your ground boys!! :up:

Where will the offer go next?? <_<

It was just announced that the CRJ-900 offer to PSA was rejected by a LARGE margin. Way to stand your ground boys!! :up:

Where will the offer go next?? <_<

I'm guessing they'll negotiate with you guys. Congrats to you guys for standing your ground!

Why should they negotiate, Johnny O is salivating now, just look at last week with Republic and the EMB-175s.

Johnny O is looking to dump his 900's and get into 175's or 195's. That's why......... :shock:

Dump the 900's?
Johnny Boy said he wanted to move 900's over to Hawaii.
Lets just give the contract carriers what ever they want and Screw keeping them WITHIN USAIRWAYS. Greedy Mainline Pilots Strike Again. They put us behind the 8 ball with 200's now the 900's. Guess they will let Johnny Boy get 73's soon enough......

Doesnt have anything to do with wanting to open up there contracts again, does it?

Dump the 900's?
Lets just give the contract carriers what ever they want and Screw keeping them WITHIN USAIRWAYS. Greedy Mainline Pilots Strike Again. They put us behind the 8 ball with 200's now the 900's. Guess they will let Johnny Boy get 73's soon enough......

Doesnt have anything to do with wanting to open up there contracts again, does it?

I guess i can be looking for a new job now! PSA Jets will go to Go Jerks. I think the "No" vote was the correct answer to the proposal but i doubt management is surprised. I am sure they are going to plan "B". $2.00 raise and we are now allowed to put our feet up on the table in the crew room. Woo Hoo

How about Hotels that aren't in industrial parks?
How about we don't get treated like 3rd class citizens and get the same hotels as mainline? You know what would be nice would be a restaurant close to where we stay too.

I guess i can be looking for a new job now! PSA Jets will go to Go Jerks. I think the "No" vote was the correct answer to the proposal but i doubt management is surprised. I am sure they are going to plan "B". $2.00 raise and we are now allowed to put our feet up on the table in the crew room. Woo Hoo

How about Hotels that aren't in industrial parks?
How about we don't get treated like 3rd class citizens and get the same hotels as mainline? You know what would be nice would be a restaurant close to where we stay too.

*cough* CAE and XNA *cough*

Although XNA is technically in a pasture.

I am so glad they stood up and said no!

Now maybe we can have a "hertitage contract" all the furloughs come back and PSA/PDT get stapled to the bottom.

Istead of fighting over USAir or Cactus...scrap them both and call it BLUESTREAK!!!!

Time to lay down my crack pipe and have another helping of Mesa/RAH whipsaw Koolaid.

Proud of you all.

Dump the 900's?

Give me a hit off that before you put it out. Greedy my a$$.

We once had the best scope language in the industry...we flew ALL jets. We were six thousand strong. We had a pension. Now we're down to 2500 or so active pilots. We've lost our shirts in the restucturings and you have the gutz to call us GREEDY.

GMAFB

A320 Driver :angry:

We once had the best scope language in the industry...we flew ALL jets. We were six thousand strong. We had a pension. Now we're down to 2500 or so active pilots. We've lost our shirts in the restucturings and you have the gutz to call us GREEDY.

GMAFB

Hope 777 quit makin Dad angry! Mainline has taken it on the chin and they aren't greedy...they are our friends. The language they spell out on scope will mean the difference of whether we stay at "codeshares are us" for a career or go to the big iron someday...don't piss'em off.

Please give us a mainline number...please....please.

BTW A320 driver you can have a hit off my crack pipe if ya want.

GMAFB

A320 Driver :angry:
Dude you are funny. If I wasn't here for 25 years I might actually believe your reply.......LOL!

Come on, you know it has always been, "It's all about ME"

You know what would be nice would be a restaurant close to where we stay too.

What?!? :shock: You can afford a resturant? :shock: HMMFFPP And you call yourself a regional pilot. :bleh: I thought learning to live on pretzels swiped from the carts and Ramen noodles was taught in ground school. :D

Vote results were almost 2 to 1 NO!

Results
No: 64%
Yes: 35%

Here's what our MEC had to say:

MEC Update
LOA #9 Ratification Vote
August 2, 2006

Fellow PSA Pilots,

As I am sure you are well aware of now, the ratification vote on LOA #9-CRJ900 Regional Jet Aircraft was soundly defeated by this pilot group.
The official results are as follows:

• There were 399 eligible voters
• There were 330 total votes cast representing 82.71% of eligible voters
• There were 118 votes cast in favor of ratification representing 35.76% of total votes cast, and
• There were 212 votes cast against ratification representing 64.24% of total votes cast

I am very pleased with the high degree of turnout for voting on this initiative. It is refreshing to see such a deep engagement of the breadth of this pilot group through this vote. I would like to thank everyone that played a part by voting. This high degree of participation sends a clear message to all levels of management that we have an intelligent, interested, and active pilot group that cares deeply about their fellow pilots, the future of this company, and the future of our industry. I am proud to be serving as a representative of this fine group of pilots.

The nearly 2 to 1 vote against this initiative also sends a clear message that this pilot group will not accept any further backwards movement in our contractual relationship with management for the fielding of these aircraft here at PSA. This pilot group has faced a number of unique and difficult challenges over the past several years. Those challenges have required some significant sacrifices from this pilot group to ensure the long term viability of this company. Through our efforts, both monetarily and operationally, we have contributed greatly to the return to profitability of both PSA Airlines and US Airways Group. Your vote on this initiative indicates that it is time for management to recognize the contributions this pilot group has made to help our company survive and prosper and to provide an adequate level of compensation to operate this class of aircraft at PSA Airlines and within the Express fleet. The current era of concessionary bargaining is over. Thank you for being responsible stewards of our profession!

While we faced this most recent challenge, we were supported by other groups and individuals that deserve our thanks.
The Piedmont MEC and pilot group aided our cause by steadfastly refusing to engage in discussions with their management over these same aircraft. The Piedmont MEC and pilot group, by refusing to enter into a bidding process that could have undermined our position on this proposal, have demonstrated an enormous amount of restraint, cooperation, and understanding of the issues that we collectively face in the Express realm.
The America West MEC has supported our group through their interaction with the highest levels of US Airways Group management and with ALPA, and the US Airways MEC has also provided assistance to our efforts by maintaining a position supporting improved compensation for the operation of this class of aircraft within US Airways Group.
Additionally, Captain Duane Woerth, our Association President, as well as a host of other fine individuals at ALPA, have provided a significant level of political and administrative support for our efforts concerning this initiative.
I thank all of these people, both individually and collectively, for their assistance through this process and for their continued support as we move forward from where we are today.

I have made the defeat of this initiative known to PSA President Keith Houk. I was very clear to denote that despite the pilot group’s rejection of this LOA, our pilots and our MEC gladly welcome and support the placement of these aircraft at PSA and that we wish to continue the process of dialogue and engagement toward that end. Mr. Houk indicated his willingness to participate but again expressed his concerns that he was unsure of what position US Airways Group management would take in light of this news. He pledged to inform me of the US Airways Group position as well as any other pertinent news as soon as it becomes available.

Regardless of what the future holds for this pilot group and our company, your MEC will continue to support and defend the interests of this pilot group and our profession. As we stride into the future, I will notify you of any additional developments as they occur.

In closing, I thank all of you again for your interest, your participation, and your solidarity.

Fraternally,

Mark Stanley
MEC Chairman